This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_whitney
I believe that it is 100% guaranteed - all you pay is shipping costs
I opened it up to take a look, granted looks do not always tell the pic, i saw no burns or broken components, and everything seems to work ok so far, so i am going to set it up and go from there, we shall see if it's all its cracked up to be.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2019, 01:46 PM
Jacob Helber
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyguy757
I opened it up to take a look, granted looks do not always tell the pic, i saw no burns or broken components, and everything seems to work ok so far, so i am going to set it up and go from there, we shall see if it's all its cracked up to be.
If you decide to trash it please use my trash can.

On a serious note, your observations are precisely why I went with the xps 24. Completely uninhibited power to the servos. I got tired of blown poly fuses in the jeti cb200. The servo matching and built in bec were a very very pleasant feature for the same price. Unless you are wanting to regulate a 3s lipo down to a constant 8v for servos there is no need for an added failure point. I know first hand that smart fly (at least what I ran in my first big plane years ago) is not designed to handle the power loads my flying style now requires.

I'm hoping very soon to be purchasing another for a new plane next year. My only regret is that I didnt find out about this system 2 or 3 years ago. If I could find someone needing some cb200s, I'd sell them all in favor for this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Oct 23, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subseaengineer
If you decide to trash it please use my trash can.

On a serious note, your observations are precisely why I went with the xps 24. Completely uninhibited power to the servos. I got tired of blown poly fuses in the jeti cb200. The servo matching and built in bec were a very very pleasant feature for the same price. Unless you are wanting to regulate a 3s lipo down to a constant 8v for servos there is no need for an added failure point. I know first hand that smart fly (at least what I ran in my first big plane years ago) is not designed to handle the power loads my flying style now requires.

I'm hoping very soon to be purchasing another for a new plane next year. My only regret is that I didnt find out about this system 2 or 3 years ago. If I could find someone needing some cb200s, I'd sell them all in favor for this.

For me I'm torn. I have an xps24 as well as the cb200. I really like having the built in telemetry of the cb200 but like the functionality of the xps. So for now the cb wins unfortantly. That and I'm using mks777+ servos and would have to have some mod done to the xps.
Oct 24, 2019, 09:16 AM
Jacob Helber
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_Rider
For me I'm torn. I have an xps24 as well as the cb200. I really like having the built in telemetry of the cb200 but like the functionality of the xps. So for now the cb wins unfortantly. That and I'm using mks777+ servos and would have to have some mod done to the xps.
Well if you want a cb200 with about 20 flights on it, let me know as I have one now collecting dust since being replaced by the xps24. I do miss the built in telemetry as well but I honestly only ever look at it if theres a problem. I have 5 more in use and it wouldn't break my heart to replace them either.

Oct 25, 2019, 01:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_Rider
What telemetry function are you getting the CB200? I still can't get anyone to give me an example of what it actually provides that you can't get externally from just the receiver.

There is a problem with many (most?) products and the MKS777A+ servos. They have apparently resolved the issue with the servo itself. They required more than the normal amount of drive current, and depending on the ignition box you could have interference. This seems to be a problem mostly with GP123 ignitions (HV), not with DA, DLE, ICFG, etc. and of course no issues at all with electric setups.
Oct 25, 2019, 09:38 AM
Jacob Helber
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
What telemetry function are you getting the CB200? I still can't get anyone to give me an example of what it actually provides that you can't get externally from just the receiver.

There is a problem with many (most?) products and the MKS777A+ servos. They have apparently resolved the issue with the servo itself. They required more than the normal amount of drive current, and depending on the ignition box you could have interference. This seems to be a problem mostly with GP123 ignitions (HV), not with DA, DLE, ICFG, etc. and of course no issues at all with electric setups.
Current draw and consumption. There are external sensors available but more convenient as its built in for the cb200. I know you said though that the xps 24 can only measure on the match input. That's the only thing I can think of.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
OK. I will *never* have support for current draw/consumption internally. This is a huge failure point when using a shunt type sensor. The BEST way to get current draw is by using a "clip on" type current sensor. This goes over either the high side or the low side supply wire. This sensor is rather large, so it would not fit inside of the X24 case. I am not willing to risk a shunt failure just to have current sensing (not to mention the voltage/current drop associated with a shunt type sensor). You might notice that the current sensing that is built into the X24 is only available via the MATCH power port. This port does have a shunt type current sensor, and that is used only when doing the matching of the servos.
Nov 02, 2019, 08:33 AM

Powerbox Core

I'm thinking about switching to a Powerbox CORE radio. From what I can gather their receivers output a proprietary P2BUS protocol. It appears they also have a "SRXL standard digital protocol output which contains 16 channels". I'm not familiar with that protocol. Do you know if the XPS24 can connect with it?
Thanks
Nov 02, 2019, 12:48 PM
Thread OP
The X24 already supports the SRXL standard. This was created by Multiplex and Spektrum has adopted it. Each product has their own header ID (unless they use Multiplex's ID - which some do). That would be the only thing to know if that is any different and I can add that easily enough. I have no idea what P2BUS protocol is, but if it is documented somewhere I can add it to the X24, X16, and X2.
Nov 03, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:
The X24 already supports the SRXL standard. This was created by Multiplex and Spektrum has adopted it. Each product has their own header ID (unless they use Multiplex's ID - which some do). That would be the only thing to know if that is any different and I can add that easily enough. I have no idea what P2BUS protocol is, but if it is documented somewhere I can add it to the X24, X16, and X2.
I intent to get the CORE Tx, so will test the connection to XPS. I was able to get confirmation from the manufacturer forum that it does support SRXL-16.

P2BUS seems to be a proprietary protocol developed for Powerbox products. I don't think its public, but may be provided to third parties via NDA or something like that. The CORE system has 26 channels so a product will need P2BUS to be able to access all of them. Maybe you can ask the Managing Director Richard Deutsch at [email protected]
Nov 05, 2019, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
Ok,thanks for the info.
Nov 11, 2019, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
I intent to get the CORE Tx, so will test the connection to XPS. I was able to get confirmation from the manufacturer forum that it does support SRXL-16.
i was successful in connecting to a CORE receiver using the SRXL-16. However the XPS reports losing a frame about once every second or so. The receiver can adjust its framerate. Is there a number that is best when using that protocol? I know that for Jeti UDI is 14ms.
Nov 11, 2019, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
There is no adjustment required for SRXL-16. That is the actual frame loss that is occurring. You could try adjusting the frame rate, but that should not affect the packet loss. That loss is likely due to your home router or transmitter being too close.
Nov 11, 2019, 09:07 PM
Quote:
There is no adjustment required for SRXL-16. That is the actual frame loss that is occurring. You could try adjusting the frame rate, but that should not affect the packet loss. That loss is likely due to your home router or transmitter being too close.
Thanks, not really worried due to it being a very small number. However the radio reports that no frames were lost, so its somewhat confusing.
Nov 11, 2019, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Yeah... that's not uncommon. I think we have the only radio system where the true packet is loss is actually given.

Quick Reply