Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2019, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Joetrin's Avatar
@Jim Drew,

What turned out to be the issue with the frsky SBUS output. It would be great to know as a fellow Frsky user for Giant Scale.

Thank you
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2019, 11:22 PM
Thread OP
I don't know what the problem was. I had no problems binding and using the customers FrSky receivers in SBUS mode with my Taranis. So, perhaps the problem is with the original Horus X12S firmware?
Jun 14, 2019, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
SBUS protocol gives you up to 18 channels (although only 16 are proportional). Just plug one end of a female to female cable into the SBUS output port on your 7008 receiver, and the other end of the cable into one of the X24's "rx" ports. Set the INPUT MODE to be SBUS/2 and make sure the Rx port you are using is ON (and other Rx ports are OFF). That's it. You magically have all of your channels available.
By going this route, will I be able to use a second redundant receiver?
Jun 14, 2019, 10:40 PM
Thread OP
Yes, you can actually use up to 4 receivers. I would recommend using the very small/cheap Futaba 3 channel receivers with SBUS output, or any of the aftermarket Futaba compatible SBUS-only receivers. Since you won't be plugging servos into these you don't need receivers with a lot of outputs that cost a bunch.
Jun 15, 2019, 04:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, you can actually use up to 4 receivers. I would recommend using the very small/cheap Futaba 3 channel receivers with SBUS output, or any of the aftermarket Futaba compatible SBUS-only receivers. Since you won't be plugging servos into these you don't need receivers with a lot of outputs that cost a bunch.
Will I have to change the mode on the 7008 receiver?
Jun 15, 2019, 12:35 PM
Thread OP
You just need to make sure that it is outputting the SBUS protocol.
Jun 17, 2019, 11:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
SBUS protocol gives you up to 18 channels (although only 16 are proportional). Just plug one end of a female to female cable into the SBUS output port on your 7008 receiver, and the other end of the cable into one of the X24's "rx" ports. Set the INPUT MODE to be SBUS/2 and make sure the Rx port you are using is ON (and other Rx ports are OFF). That's it. You magically have all of your channels available.
Are you saying I'll have access to all 18 channels thru just one 7008 receiver?
Jun 17, 2019, 11:50 PM
Registered User
Just wondering if I can use a Futaba R7018 receiver, if I don't plug in the two power leads? Just use the SBus2 slot.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation Ultra
Are you saying I'll have access to all 18 channels thru just one 7008 receiver?

Yes. The SBUS protocol (like all serial protocosl) outputs ALL of the channels on a single wire.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation Ultra
Just wondering if I can use a Futaba R7018 receiver, if I don't plug in the two power leads? Just use the SBus2 slot.

Yes. You only use the SBUS or SBUS2 port for power and signal. So, nothing connect to the servo or battery inputs.
Jul 07, 2019, 06:06 PM
Registered User
KenCz's Avatar

?? Xps??


Hi Jim,
Received this XPS from a friend and I don't really understand if it is of any value to me or how to use it.
I understand I can connect it via SBUS to Futaba RX but exactly what does it do for an everyday Pilot flying 6-8 channel 70-80" Aerobatic Airplanes on Electric and/or fuel power?
Any help or recommendations appreciated. Sorry for being a real newbie~
Ken
Jul 07, 2019, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCz
Hi Jim,
Received this XPS from a friend and I don't really understand if it is of any value to me or how to use it.
I understand I can connect it via SBUS to Futaba RX but exactly what does it do for an everyday Pilot flying 6-8 channel 70-80" Aerobatic Airplanes on Electric and/or fuel power?
Any help or recommendations appreciated. Sorry for being a real newbie~
Ken
Well.....I'm not Jim, but have you started here? .......
Jul 08, 2019, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, wrong thread. Please see the link that tande provided above, and then see the support thread here.
Today, 05:12 AM
Registered User
mikestark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, you can actually use up to 4 receivers. I would recommend using the very small/cheap Futaba 3 channel receivers with SBUS output, or any of the aftermarket Futaba compatible SBUS-only receivers. Since you won't be plugging servos into these you don't need receivers with a lot of outputs that cost a bunch.
The manual for the Futaba T16SZ states "The T16SZ has the ability to link to two R7008SB receivers."
Is this when using them as receivers and using the outputs ?. If I added 4 via SBUS port to the X24 and use all the outputs from the X24 only, would this be possible ? Want to check this out before I buy another 3 RX's.
Today, 05:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestark
The manual for the Futaba T16SZ states "The T16SZ has the ability to link to two R7008SB receivers."
Is this when using them as receivers and using the outputs ?. If I added 4 via SBUS port to the X24 and use all the outputs from the X24 only, would this be possible ? Want to check this out before I buy another 3 RX's.
What would be the purpose of using 4 recievers? I use two on my planes, and have all channels available.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools