This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 16, 2019, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
SBUS protocol is always 16 channels.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2019, 01:40 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
Thanks again
Apr 28, 2019, 02:58 PM

X

Made contact
Last edited by MarkU1967; Apr 29, 2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: X
Apr 28, 2019, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
I just saw your PM (and now post).

Contact me or tech support directly for the fastest response. We typically monitor emails 24 hours a day.

As I stated in the PM response, I need to know what you have connected to the X24 and where they are plugged in. Pictures or video would be really helpful.
May 18, 2019, 08:34 AM
"the analog man"

analog servos?

Jim, Just bought an X24 for install in an old Carden Extra 118. Intending to use a FrSKY RX8R and an XM+ receiver, with the tiny XM+ mounted on the top of the rudder. The servos for the control surfaces are all Savox HV digitals. However, the throttle servo is an analog Hitec HS 645. I understand the high refresh rate (9ms) will kill the analog servo? Is this correct? Guess I can switch to a HS-5645?

Larry Fitch
May 18, 2019, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
Yes, a high frame rate can kill an analog servo. For this reason the X24 has the ability to select the servo type for each servo. The default is digital, but you can set it to analog. When you do, it doubles the frame time. So, a 9ms frame would be output as 18ms to the servo.

Take a look at the manual starting at page 20. In the Output Ports menu, the last menu option (you have to scroll down to see it) is to set the servo type.
May 22, 2019, 08:20 AM
"the analog man"

Thanks

Jim, Thanks for the speedy response about my analog servo. Second question is about using a magnetic reed switch for "on-off" function. I see that there some small "button"-type switches intended to be mounted flush in door frames and the like in house security systems. They are about 3/8" in diameter, and 1/2" high, plus the pigtail leads. Would they work with the X24? Also, is the pinout for the switch into the X24 "-" and "signal" in the servo plug? I think that's what I read, and thought I'd best double check.

Larry Fitch
May 22, 2019, 12:07 PM
Thread OP
Yes, those magnetic switches will work. This is what we use for our magnetic switch, although we use a very tiny version. You just need to wire the switch as shown in the manual so that ground and signal pins are used. The center pin is unused. It doesn't matter which is ground or signal as the switch is not polarity sensitive.
May 23, 2019, 07:54 AM

Magbetic on/off switches

Can you please post a link for those switches?
May 23, 2019, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
Our magnetic switch (currently out of stock) is here:

https://www.xtremepowersystems.net/p...witch-magnetic

These will only work with our X24.
May 24, 2019, 12:00 AM
I need one that will work with any circuit by simple interrupting the negative feed from the battery.
May 24, 2019, 07:38 AM
There are ports or something for the power leads to the switch?
May 24, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Magnetic (reed) switches won't handle anymore than than 100mA of current. They can only be used to trigger something that actually controls the power. The X24 uses any type of switch as a trigger, not for driving current.
May 26, 2019, 05:53 PM
"the analog man"

S-Bus from FrSKY?

I've bound a FrSKY RX8R receiver to my X12S transmitter running FrOS. The SBUS Out port works properly. However, when connected to my XPS X24, the led blinks red when powered, signifying the X24 isn't seeing the receiver. I have the "Receivers" set to Mode: SBUS/2. Not sure this is correct, but none of the other options look more appropriate either. Is there a mode I should be using with my FrSKY SBUS?

Thanks,
Larry Fitch
May 26, 2019, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
You should be able to just connect the proper female to female cable between the receiver's output port and one of the X24's Rx ports. Make sure you have the Rx port enabled on the X24. Other than making sure the receiver is set to output SBUS protocol and the X24 set to input the SBUS protocol, there is nothing else required. Check the cable to make sure you have the correct polarity - it is possible to power some receivers with the cable backwards, but the data transfer won't work. Also remember that only the X24 should be providing power to your FrSky receiver.

Quick Reply