X24 Integrated Flight Control System - Page 2 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 29, 2017, 01:54 PM
The X24 has a current monitor built into it. So, if you don't want to do the automatic current matching (which would save you a day's worth of headaches!), you can power the X24 through the match power port and then do manual matching and see the current right on the display. No need for an external meter.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2017, 08:38 PM
May 03, 2017, 09:52 PM
I received my X24 today, however I am getting ready to go to Joe Nall next week and still have a few things to get ready so I will not be doing anything with it for a little while. I have moved the airplane up in the Que because I'm excited about trying it out. I am working on a 96 inch Sea Fury now that doesn't need anything like the X24, but my Extra 260 does and it is now just behind the Seafury.
May 03, 2017, 11:28 PM
Bring the X24 with you for show and tell.
May 04, 2017, 12:51 AM
Can do! Plan of flying a Edge with the X10+ so will also take one of them with me also.
May 09, 2017, 04:37 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Just found out this was finally out - great job, looks really excellent.

You really need to publicise this more and get some distribution on Europe for your non-RF based products though; every time I show people my X10+ they love it, but the absence of a UK/EU vendor puts them off. I think the channel expanders could really take off if you got them out there a bit more in other markets, they are definitely superior in performance and value vs. Powerbox etc...
May 09, 2017, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
Just found out this was finally out - great job, looks really excellent.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
You really need to publicise this more and get some distribution on Europe for your non-RF based products though; every time I show people my X10+ they love it, but the absence of a UK/EU vendor puts them off. I think the channel expanders could really take off if you got them out there a bit more in other markets, they are definitely superior in performance and value vs. Powerbox etc...
Our products are priced for direct sales, so there is no dealer margin - this means that you don't pay extra because of a middleman. We sell direct to the public world-wide and the majority of our sales are from outside of the U.S., so I think our products are pretty well known. I have found that dealers and (especially) distributors really don't do much to push products - they just want profits for doing nothing more than putting it in a box.
May 16, 2017, 02:10 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE! If your servos have a failsafe programmed into them, that needs to be turned OFF for the automatching to work. By failsafe OFF I mean that the when the signal is lost to the servo, the servo can freely move (no holding force). Many of Hitec's servos do NOT have a failsafe that operates this way - instead, during a signal loss the servo moves to 1500us with the normal holding force. This will interfere with the matching!

If your servos can not be turned OFF with a loss of signal you will have to unplug ALL servos before doing the automatching, and only plug in the servos as they are required. For example, when you enter the automatch mode, all servo without the ability to actually turn OFF the when there is a loss of signal need to be unplugged. After selecting the Setup Master option, plug in the master servo (no other servos are plugged in) and make all of your adjustments, unplug the master servo, and then exit the Setup Master option. After selecting Setup Slave, plug in the slave servo and make all of your adjustments, unplug the slave servo, and then exit the Setup Slave option.

The automatching works like this:
  • Enter Automatch setup - all servo outputs are turned off (no PWM to the servos)
  • Setup Master - master servo PWM enabled and controllable from the transmitter (exit shuts PWM off to master)
  • Setup Slave - slave servo PWM enabled and controllable from the transmitter (exit shuts PWM off to slave)
  • Start Automatch - master servo PWM enabled and controllable from the transmitter, set end point and center, slave PWM enabled and electronic matching starts.
  • PWM disabled for all servos when matching has finished.
Last edited by JimDrew; May 26, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
May 16, 2017, 06:28 PM
A new X24 manual is now available. It highlights the steps needed to use when using servo(s) that don't disable the holding force when the PWM signal from the receiver is lost.
Jun 06, 2017, 08:19 PM
Today we have re-defined what the X24 is. Instead of being known as a "Channel Expander", it is now called an Integrated Flight Control System. This better describes the product.
Jun 07, 2017, 07:56 AM
Build more, websurf less
Great new name, and indeed more appropriate. Someday I hope to build a plane that requires X24 capabilities. Seems like the X24 might also have a role in robotics applications. Good luck with the product.
Jun 07, 2017, 01:37 PM
Indeed, the X24 can handle up to 16v, with 12v being very common in the robotics and animatronics industries.
Jun 07, 2017, 08:44 PM

X24 - AutoMatch setup video

Here is a quick video that shows how easy it is to setup the AutoMatch!

X24 AutoMatch (9 min 31 sec)
Jun 15, 2017, 10:25 AM

Sbus2 notice

Apparently Futaba has changed the SBUS2 protocol output in a recent Tx firmware upgrade. As a result, when using the SBUS2 output on a Futaba receiver like a 7008SB, there will be significant lost packets. The SBUS output on the receiver works fine, it's just the SBUS2 output (for telemetry sensors) is where the problem is. So, until this issue can be resolved, please use the SBUS output port and not the SBUS2 output port when connecting to the X24.
Jun 18, 2017, 01:35 AM
Just finished installing my new X24 and rewiring my older Jason Shulman Comp Extra 330.

Not being an electrician or an engineer, and this being my first 35% plane, I didn't realize how poor my original wiring setup was safety-wise. The X24 got rid of at least a dozen servo connectors and other possible electronic failure points.

Can't wait to get out and fly her, but it is supposed to be between 105 and 120 degrees for the next week or two.