This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2018, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Bob, your diagram is a very common setup for the X24. You would plug the receiver(s) into the Rx ports, located between the throttle servo and the DLE ignition output in your diagram. There are 4 ports there for receivers.

You can bind more than one Rx to the Tx with the Hitec system. So you could have up to 4 Hitec receivers that output SBUS connected to the X24.
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your input. I am building this plane for a friend and he flies Hitec. My first experience with it as I fly Spektrum and Futaba.

I also wasn't aware we can bind more than one RX with the Hitec system. I will discuss with him and see if he'd like to go with at least two. I do this with all of my larger planes; dual Futaba 7008 receivers.

Thank you again for your help.

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2018, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
If you put two, or even four of those connected to the X24.....man, that would be a sweet system.

I assume you can bind more than one Rx to the HiTec Tx model slot?
Hi David,

I am going to talk with my fried to see if he'd like to use two receivers for this; I would recommend it.

I just learned from Jim that I can connect multiple receivers to the Hitec TX.

Thank you again for all your help.

Bob
Jul 23, 2018, 01:52 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
....you could have up to 4 Hitec receivers....
I just love this equipment.

Noticed lately some people saying how great it is to have dual or more redundant Rx's on some PDB. Figure they have the newest and greatest thing. But the same ones used to rail about how Spektrum is crap because it needs all the "Daggy Satellite Antennas". It's been redundant receivers ever since inception!!!!! lol

With this gadget, just about ANY brand user can have multiple redundant receivers. It's a brave new world.
Jul 23, 2018, 01:55 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmixon
..see if he'd like to use two receivers..
It would make a very nice setup. With two antennae on each Rx you can cover all three axes of reception and even have an extra one to maybe help cover for one that is in a non ideal position.

The more you use the better you can spread antennae around to get good reception in all attitudes.
Jul 23, 2018, 02:01 PM
The idea with using serial based receivers is to get the antennas away from everything that is metal, including moving wires. I always try to put my receiver in the vertical stab, even if it means making a hatch. Running one antenna along the top of the stab and the other antenna along the front of the stab (inside the stab of course). This is typically the highest point in the aircraft.
Jul 23, 2018, 02:49 PM
No bounce, No play.
Roger that. I go for Stab, wing tip etc. as much as I can.
Jul 23, 2018, 03:05 PM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmixon
Hi David,

I am going to talk with my fried to see if he'd like to use two receivers for this; I would recommend it.

I just learned from Jim that I can connect multiple receivers to the Hitec TX.

Thank you again for all your help.

Bob
Bob,
I'm using the X24 in my 105" Laser and it made servo setup a breeze, highly recommended.
The Aurora 9SL or Maxima 9SL are both fine rx choices for the X24. A Hitec service rep used two Maxima 9SL in his setup.
AJ Laser 105 maiden day flight #3 (6 min 40 sec)
Last edited by Suds; Jul 23, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
Jul 23, 2018, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing the video! When I first read the video title, I thought wow... that's a crazy way to do a maiden - then I saw it was flight number 3!
Jul 23, 2018, 09:07 PM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the video! When I first read the video title, I thought wow... that's a crazy way to do a maiden - then I saw it was flight number 3!
Flight 3 just had better video.
Rob aj laser maiden (4 min 34 sec)
Jul 30, 2018, 05:59 PM

Overheating issue

Jim, Glad you found the issue with the X-24 not shutting off once in a while when hot. Just want to clarify something. I'm going to use option #3, and make modified bind plugs for my units, but if I were going to flash the units with new firmware, what am I setting to default? Can I save outputs, neutral points and endpoints for my model, or does default reset everything?
Jul 30, 2018, 11:53 PM
Actually, the problem didn't necessarily occur when it's hot... it was more likely to happen when the air was humid. The auto-match power input was just left floating (not pulled up or down), and this caused the issue.

What do you mean about "option #3"?

Updating the firmware changes nothing. Doing a 'reset to defaults' does in fact reset everything - so you will lose everything.
Jul 31, 2018, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Actually, the problem didn't necessarily occur when it's hot... it was more likely to happen when the air was humid. The auto-match power input was just left floating (not pulled up or down), and this caused the issue.

What do you mean about "option #3"?

Updating the firmware changes nothing. Doing a 'reset to defaults' does in fact reset everything - so you will lose everything.
We don't get a ton of humidity in Phx, but around the 140-145 deg mark my units will not shut down fairly regularly.

Option #3 was the "3rd" solution you mentioned for the match power issue on thread page 15.

If I do a firmware update, will I have to reprogram the entire plane?

Thanks!
Jul 31, 2018, 12:54 PM
A firmware update itself will not change any of your settings. You would have to do a reset to defaults in order to accomplish that.
Aug 21, 2018, 11:53 PM
Hi Jim,

I just bought a plane with an XPS 24 installed, a 3.1 Comp Arf Extra. Plane was flown with a single JETI receiver. I want to use 2 XBUS receivers; do I need to get both A and B style receivers or does it matter with XBUS. Also, will I need to reprogram the servos once I switch the format to XBUS?

Thanks!

Keith Roberts
Aug 22, 2018, 12:27 AM
You just need two receivers that output the XBUS protocol. There are a variety of receiver options. You really shouldn't need to do anything other than setup your radio. If there was any servo matching done it will still be stored permanently until you re-do it.

Quick Reply