X24 Integrated Flight Control System - Page 14 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 30, 2018, 08:30 PM
25mAh over 6 hours is 150mAh. That should not be a concern, but if you forget to disconnect that battery (and it's a Lipo), you could have a fire from over-discharge... and then you WILL have a serious problem.

Many guys are using a magnetic switch with the X24 so they don't need any "ugly" external switches and there is no current draw. A simple reed switch setup (like used with window alarms) is all that you need.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
Hello, regarding the X24 expander,
Is it possible to use a Jeti R3 receiver configured as a switch to turn the expander on in place of a soft switch?
And is it possible to use 4 Jeti receivers for signal diversity?
Thanks,
Frank
May 12, 2018, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic1
Hello, regarding the X24 expander,
Is it possible to use a Jeti R3 receiver configured as a switch to turn the expander on in place of a soft switch?
And is it possible to use 4 Jeti receivers for signal diversity?
Thanks,
Frank
Post 192
May 12, 2018, 12:24 PM
Got it , but having to add another power source for the R3 kinda sux,
Can 4 receivers be used?
I currently fly a CB 200 in a noisy environment and worry about the lack of diversity

Frank
May 12, 2018, 12:44 PM
You can use the same power source that the X24 is powered with for the R3 switch, you just have to Y-cable the power to it.

Yes, you can use 4 receivers. I just finished the code to handle UDI12/16, so all units being shipped can use any of the cheap JETI receivers that output UDI.
May 12, 2018, 12:50 PM

Magnetic reed switch

Some people have asked if you can use a magnetic switch with the X24. The answer is yes! You would see the switch type for SW1 or SW2 to be BUTTON.

We will be offering a tiny magnetic reed switch in a mountable enclosure. A magnetic reed switch eliminates having to cut a hole in your aircraft for a on/off switch. This is particularly important to scale model builders.
May 12, 2018, 01:27 PM
I could be wrong but having a switch function on the x10 would be nice as well.
May 12, 2018, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, you can use 4 receivers. I just finished the code to handle UDI12/16, so all units being shipped can use any of the cheap JETI receivers that output UDI.
Hi Jim,
I did all my testing with the current firmware using two R3 receivers. They are using UDI, so donít quite understand what will be different with the new firmware. Can you clarify?
Thanks
May 12, 2018, 08:42 PM
You must be using UDI 12, that has been supported since the release of the X24 because it's the same protocol as XBUS Mode B. The new firmware update supports the UDI16 protocol, and lets you reset the channel map for how JETI sets up their channels.
May 13, 2018, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_rider
i could be wrong but having a switch function on the x10 would be nice as well.
+1
May 13, 2018, 01:30 PM
Not possible for the X10+.
May 19, 2018, 03:31 PM
This is something we noticed today with version 1.7 when using the jeti r3 as a switch. While this isn't a deal breaker this is what now happening.

When the xps switch setting is set to "slide" we can toggle the xps on / off as before, all good there. However, the led is staying aluminated green when putting the xps to sleep (powering off).

On the previous vs 1.6 the led would go out when powering off the xps.
May 20, 2018, 12:21 PM
Huh? Nothing changed in the code for the switch handling. The LED being on should not be possible if it is actually asleep. Are you sure you are not powering the receiver from the X24 itself? You need to cut the center wire (+) from the X24's switch input to the R3. I will check it out. I just got the USB programmer so I can make the R3 a "switch" now to test it myself.

Quick Reply