Aug 23, 2019, 02:01 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
You can also take a look at the offerings from ZD Racing here. The 1/8 buggy I had from them was a lot of fun in the snow.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
You can also take a look at the offerings from ZD Racing here. The 1/8 buggy I had from them was a lot of fun in the snow.
Are they any better than the zombie or Maximus?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Aug 23, 2019, 04:52 PM
Joker, smoker, midnight talker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS
Are they any better than the zombie or Maximus?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
No, not even close. But they're not bad.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:13 PM

Servo saver broken?

I pulled out my Zombie after being shelved for a while and immediately noticed the steering was not right. The only reason I mention that is I donít remember it taking a hit or anything, but the steering wasnít right. I took a look and the shaft the steering servo turns is separating, looks like it is designed that way. Iím assuming that is how a servo saver is designed? Anyway, I couldnít figure out if it is broken or I need to reset something to make it right and locked in again. I couldnít get a good angle of it for a picture but here was my attempt.
Aug 24, 2019, 04:06 AM
Joker, smoker, midnight talker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg099
I pulled out my Zombie after being shelved for a while and immediately noticed the steering was not right. The only reason I mention that is I donít remember it taking a hit or anything, but the steering wasnít right. I took a look and the shaft the steering servo turns is separating, looks like it is designed that way. Iím assuming that is how a servo saver is designed? Anyway, I couldnít figure out if it is broken or I need to reset something to make it right and locked in again. I couldnít get a good angle of it for a picture but here was my attempt.
Yeah, it's designed like that. It's the same on my BSD. Probably on my FS Racing as well but haven't had to take a look at the steering there.
Aug 24, 2019, 04:17 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
Anyway, I couldn’t figure out if it is broken or I need to reset something to make it right and locked in again. I couldn’t get a good angle of it for a picture but here was my attempt.
Yes, like say naDah, a servo saver is build like that when it isn't directly on the servo arm.

If it stay locked like on your photo it isn't normal. I would take the steering bell crank appart to check if a bushings aren't locked :

Name: a9525339-106-DHK%20Optimus%20XL%20-%20steering%20bushing%202%20.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 166.9 KB
Description:
Yesterday, 01:52 AM

New user

Hi guys this thread is awsome and very helpful. Just bought a second hand one of these cars for pennies( blown front diff and the thing was full of sand and dirt tyres full of water ESC fan not spinning ect.... Started cleaning this thing up and realized lots of screws are damaged no oil in shocks ect.... besides that it looks in nice condition just a few sctratches on the chassis. From reading through this thread i have decided on a few things

I will change all screws to stainless allen bolts
I want to change the oil in the shocks to 2000cst
I want to change the oil in the diffs to
Front rear 30000 middle 100000
I want to shim the diffs
I also am interested in heat treating the drivetrain cups as mentioned earlier on in this thread but have seen no other instances of it. So basically the shimming of these specific diffs i would like some extra information/ guidence/ my hand held. And if anyone has any moren information on heat treating the drivetrain cups i am all ears. Thanks guys all the best i will keep researching online but this thread has so far been my greatest source of zombie specific info.

Quick Reply