Feb 08, 2017, 11:47 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

DHK Hobby Zombie 8E 8384 1/8 Monster Truck

EDIT 3/11/2019 Now available here for $318 at Gearbest. Click me to order.

DHK has recently revised, and brought back their formidable 1/8 brushless beast. This new version is equipped with a 2.4ghz radio system, a Hobbywing WP-8BL100 2s-4s waterproof 100 amp ESC, a 2030kv motor, 9kg metal gear servo, and a 2600mah 3s lipo battery, and balance charger. The only thing you need to add to get the action started are 4 AA batteries for the remote.

This is a 1/8 scale truck, so it is HUGE! It is very well built with aluminum alloy chassis plate, alloy chassis braces, and shock towers, and aluminum, oil filled, threaded body, big bore shocks. The truck also uses a standard 3 differential layout with all metal gears. Simply put, it is built to take some serious abuse, and keep coming back for more.

Here are some detailed pics, including a couple next to a 1/10 ST to give you an idea of the size of this rig. Running video coming soon, so stay tuned!

Quick parking lot run on the stock 3s battery. More videos, mods, and upgrades coming soon so stay tuned!

DHK Hobby 8384 Zombie 8E RTR Brushless Monster Truck (2 min 19 sec)

For anyone looking for other battery options, here are a few 3s batteries that will fit the Z8E's tray.

Floureon 3000mah 30c 3s

Floureon 4500mah 30c 3s

Bias 4000mah 20c 3s

Here are some 4s batteries

HRB 3300mah 35c 4s

HRB 3600mah 35c 4s

HRB 4200mah 35c 4s

Airtonk 5200mah 60C 4S

Please note that some of these packs may require a change of plug. If you're not able to solder your own plug on then be sure to choose a pack that already has a Deans type plug installed. I also recommend putting a piece of self adhesive foam padding in the bottom of the battery tray for running soft case packs.

Anyone looking to change the body, be aware that this truck is built on the buggy chassis. Because of this the wheelbase is a little shorter than your typical 1/8 truggy, or MT. If you use a 1/8 truggy, or truck body you may need to trim some off of the rear end in order to make it fit properly. I for one was not a fan of the stock body. I wanted something with a lower profile, and sportier appearance, so I went with a truggy body. I used a JConcepts Punisher body made for the Mugen MBX6-T. I had to trim a couple inches off the rear, or else I would have had to remove the wing. I opted to remove some of the rear of the body, since I really like the truggy look. Just about any 1/8 truggy, or truck body should work with a bit of trimming. If you have a body in mind, but aren't sure it will fit, just ask and I might be able to assist in determining if a different body will work better.
Last edited by fastmax; Mar 11, 2019 at 09:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2017, 02:43 PM
Looks nice! I don't understand the 1/8 scale, though. It's pretty much the same size as the JLB cheetah, but that's 1/10 scale. For example 1/8 scale arma kraton is about 590mm long, but this one is only 497mm.
Feb 08, 2017, 02:56 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Good point, and to be honest I don't put a lot of stock in the measurements listed in these product descriptions. You never know where they measured from. Sometimes they list wheelbase as length, and sometimes it's bumper to bumper.
Feb 08, 2017, 10:13 PM
Looks a powerful one, can't wait to see some vids in action.
Feb 09, 2017, 12:06 AM
Coffee Is King!
Actually got mine delivered today, I will do a video ASAP
Feb 09, 2017, 06:27 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDoric
Awesome!
Feb 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Looking forward to that! Have fun
Feb 12, 2017, 02:07 PM
So is this a clone of another truck? Asking because of I buy one I like to know where to get extra parts
Feb 12, 2017, 02:15 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I'm not sure if it is a clone or rebrand etc. I did some searching, and didn't really come up with much. There are plenty of spares available though through asiatees, and rchobbyexplosion. I'm sure there are other places too, but those were the first that I came across, and both are places that I have good experiences ordering through.
Feb 12, 2017, 05:27 PM
Coffee Is King!
Ok, I just received one of these last week and I must say I am very impressed!

DHK Hobby Zombie 8E ➜ https://goo.gl/9YWaai

DHK HOBBY ZOMBIE 8E - Unboxing and In-Depth Look (13 min 33 sec)

DHK HOBBY ZOMBIE 8E - 4S BIG Bash Session! (8 min 9 sec)
Feb 12, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I'm not sure if it is a clone or rebrand etc. I did some searching, and didn't really come up with much. There are plenty of spares available though through asiatees, and rchobbyexplosion. I'm sure there are other places too, but those were the first that I came across, and both are places that I have good experiences ordering through.
Thanks I'm hoping to pick this one up as well and hoping that it's a decent truck
Feb 13, 2017, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Ok, I just received one of these last week and I must say I am very impressed!

DHK Hobby Zombie 8E ➜ https://goo.gl/9YWaai

https://youtu.be/K4VkvdMD4rQ

https://youtu.be/EV_HFxclTtg
Can you film short size comparison between this, the vkar bison and the JLB cheetah? Thaks! 😊
Feb 13, 2017, 01:51 PM
Quote:
There's a new MT on the block! The DHK Hobby Zombie 8E 8384 1/8 Brushless RTR Monster Truck looks like a beast. If it's anything like some of the other DHK products we're familiar with, it will also be a durable platform, that offers great value for the price.

For a limited time use coupon code RC18OFF during checkout and get it for $314 shipped. Click Me.

YES!!! Finally some other people will be getting this truck! I've had it since the fall of 2015 (ordered from rchobbyexplosion) and only broke one thing (and it was kinda my fault). It is a beast of a truck. I will upload a few pics and a short video of mine soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibuli
Looks nice! I don't understand the 1/8 scale, though. It's pretty much the same size as the JLB cheetah, but that's 1/10 scale. For example 1/8 scale arma kraton is about 590mm long, but this one is only 497mm.
It is huge. Definitely 1/8. I'll get a pic with my slash for comparison.

Quote:
I had a hard time fining stuff on it as well. Be warned, Asiatees doesn't ship some of the parts for this truck to the US...and they don't bother telling you that until you ask after placing an order. They gave me a full refund so it was all good.

Order parts from RChobbyexplosion. They are awesome!

I ordered some parts from them last week and they discontinued the Zombie. Perhaps that's why GB has it now?
Feb 13, 2017, 09:50 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Thanks for all the info! I agree RChobbyexplosion has been great any time I have ever dealt with them.
Feb 14, 2017, 05:25 PM
Coffee Is King!
Quote:
Thanks for all the info! I agree RChobbyexplosion has been great any time I have ever dealt with them.
Thanks for the heads up. At least I know where I can buy parts

Quick Reply