Cellpro 10XP Charger won't charge 2 batt. - RC Groups
Feb 07, 2017, 09:32 PM
Summer in ME, Winter in SW FL
Discussion

Cellpro 10XP Charger won't charge 2 batt.

Charger will not longer charge two batteries simultaneously. I get this: Ch1 Bad S. Count NODE WIRING FMA
I had a similar problem two years ago and the tech rep suggested I had blown a fuse internal to the charger. I wired a "bypass" automotive type fuse around the old fuse and it worked for two years. Until a few days ago. I've checked the fuse and it is still good.
It works fine with one battery, I've tried different batteries, switched the discharged leads around and also the balance boards.
I sent an email to tech support but did not get a reply.

I may have accidently disconnected a battery while it was still charging.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2017, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaine1
Charger will not longer charge two batteries simultaneously. I get this: Ch1 Bad S. Count NODE WIRING FMA
I had a similar problem two years ago and the tech rep suggested I had blown a fuse internal to the charger. I wired a "bypass" automotive type fuse around the old fuse and it worked for two years. Until a few days ago. I've checked the fuse and it is still good.
It works fine with one battery, I've tried different batteries, switched the discharged leads around and also the balance boards.
I sent an email to tech support but did not get a reply.

I may have accidently disconnected a battery while it was still charging.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob
My crystal ball isn't working this morning so you will have to help out a bit.

What batteries are you trying to charge?
What adapters are you trying to charge with?
How are you connected? (which batteries to which ports, etc).
Which presets are you using?
Is the firmware up to date?

Not knowing any of the above I can only make a guess. The problem could be dirty connector pins. You could try cleaning them with an electronic contact cleaner. I use DeoxIT D5.
https://www.amazon.com/CAIG-D5S-6-Co...ords=deoxit+d5

Glen