Region 3 Seawind NOR hosted by QCMYC **PLS.NOTE P.S. LINK*** - Page 2 - RC Groups
May 02, 2017, 07:28 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
YES,! Everyone should have been notified, But in case any one Missed the note, Practice on Friday is scheduled for 2:00-4:30 P.M. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2017, 01:40 PM
I wanted to take a moment and commend the Queen City Model Yacht Club for a fabulous event this past weekend. The club went all out, with multiple launch ramps, an amazing catered BBQ lunch, plenty of beverages, and a highly professional execution. Sully, Jack, Tim, Amber, and all of the volunteers(I'm forgetting names right now) made sure we were well taken care of. The RD, Bob, kept the heats moving, and due to a weekend full of great sportsmanship, had very few penalties to call. We were able to get in 36 odd/even heats (18 total races) during the event. They overcame some issues with the scoring software, and dropped into manual mode with very little issue. The raffles were neat, and the awards (handmade by a club member) are very special. Nametags with the skipper's name and yacht number made it easy to know who was who.

All of the competitors took on the washing machine of winds (ranging from 0 to 25+) in stride, gave each other plenty of room, and stated their intentions to avoid contact. All fouls were resolved on the water. Those who competed at the Nationals have all upped their game, and there was plenty of sharing of information and help amongst the competitors. When a hold was issued, several skippers provided assistance.

As Bob said during his remarks at the awards ceremony, the Seawind class exhibited the essence of model yacht racing. Ladies and gentlement giving their best on the course, and giving even more onshore.

I cant wait to see all of the pictures, video, and aerial video taken at various times over the weekend.

CONGRATULATIONS to the entire Queen City Model Yacht Club for a spectular Region 3 event. I was proud to have spent the weekend on the water with you.
May 11, 2017, 08:55 PM

Update

Thank You Commodore Stevezero for your gracious comments,!! and OF COURSE Congratulation's,!! We worked hard to make this a "class act event" that many of the more established clubs in R3 are accustomed to. We'd like to thank ALL skippers that participated and our club support staff/both (visible n behind the scenes) for the smooth running of this event. I'd like to take this moment to especially thank the participants from the Chattanooga Model Boat Club #340 for their support for being the long distance visitors,!! We should've had an award for that but,...Live n Learn,!! We hope to sail with all of you again in the future either our venue or yours,!! The Score Results are posted on our club website for anyone to view. Also I have posted the few shots I had from my personal Kcam to our club thread here on RCG. Please bear with me til I get ALL pic's n vid's coverage of the event in. I will post them here and/or provide link to them ASAP. If anyone has any to contribute they can be sent to my E-mail here,: haxsawelc@aol.com Again, We salute everyone that made this a memorable event.!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 12, 2017, 04:10 PM
Resistance is futile
Looks like all had a good time. Good job QCMYC
Latest blog entry: New SOLING project arrives!
May 16, 2017, 02:07 PM
Any idea when the pics and videos will be posted, hax? You should probably cut/paste the results in the thread too.
May 16, 2017, 06:53 PM

Will Post Update Event Coverage HERE, A.S.A.P.

Steve, Everyone,... As we didn't sail this past weekend , I'm to get the two thumb drives members shot PLUS one from what I shot w/tablet and maybe from Commodores GO PRO he shot also this Saturday (weather permitting),!! The Aerial s from Saturday will go directly to our NEW YouTube account as soon as the "My Channel" gets created.( again, this is what I've been told), ( I WILL post the link for it as soon as it's available ) ,!!! I believe our new Web Masters wife took some shots/footage also. I also learned a photographer that shot some coverage of our booth @ the park Fall Festival last year also has a lot of stills (90 I'm told) ,! I have sent him a V-mail n E-mail to try get up w/him on those. No reply yet. The other Quad flier on Sunday I had left him my E-mail, but no word from him either. The few pic's I shot with MY Kcam are in the club thread.( They were more for the Sponsors benefit,!) I intend to post the bulk of event pic's HERE though. IN the mean time I'll post the scoring results here now,!! I hope this LINK works our site is still an on going "work in progress",!!..... http://www.queencitymyc.com/race-results/ OK,I checked it,! You may have to scroll down a lil but it's all there,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; May 16, 2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added text
May 21, 2017, 12:22 AM

Regatta Pic's Update (2nd Try)

Everyone, I just spent 2hrs. (I type slow) to send you all these but when I clicked "preview' of the post I got a "security token invalid" popup screen notice!. Didn't tell me why, files to large, too many pic's etc.... Hence this is 2nd try. This time I will send the pic's n links less description n comments. Pic file titles will have to suffice things maybe clarified in video posts soon. Sorry don't know why this happens, lost entire OP! We were lucky to have had such great coverage of our 1rst BIG event,!! Link to Mr. Simmons Site pic's,... http://eventimagescarolina.com/queen...ional-regatta/ Club mate Jerry's pic's are included here with my own. I had over 200 pic's to view for these (and still have some coming), so I'm still working on vid's (will come separate post UPDATE here,!) I will post an acknowledgement post to follow the vid's post. Thank You all for your past, present, and future support on behalf of QCMYC#342 Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; May 21, 2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Trying to re-edit/add what was lostin OP
May 23, 2017, 12:38 AM

VID UPDATE TIME Part 1 Saturday Sailing

Everyone, I hope still pic's in post #22 were enjoyed.! Here is a playlist of Vid's I shot with the tablet. You will note that this is a compilation (NOT ALL) on Race finishes as we were trying something new to have an "instant replay" should there be a question of order. It was called upon 4 times for reviews over the 2 day event so it was a good Idea. ( there is an overview vid part 1 n 2 in it also). I am also including a separate link here for the Aerial Quad vid shot on Sunday by club mate Jerry's friend Al. Thank you Sir for sharing this with us.!. Sunday vid's will be posted here as soon as one of the edits I had to do to one of them completes processing in YT, so look for a "PART 2" in next post here. Tim aka Cap'n Hax Here is the link to the over head views,...
Queen City Model Yacht Club (6 min 34 sec)
AND NOW MY links that YT playlist would NOT work correctly.
Skippers Meeting Day 1 (9 min 46 sec)
AND
Day 1 Race 1 Heat 1 START (1 min 1 sec)
AND
Day 1 Race 1 Heat 1 FINNISH (3 min 15 sec)
AND
Day 1 Race 1 Heat 2 Start (1 min 57 sec)
AND
Day 1 Race 1 Heat 2 FINISH (6 min 48 sec)
AND
Day 1 Racing Action higher vantage view Part 1 (1 min 7 sec)
AND
Racing action Higer vantage view Finish Part 2 (6 min 13 sec)
AND
Racing Action Close finnish (2 min 0 sec)
AND
Great finnish Lady Skippers (1 min 31 sec)
AND
Slick Sneek Manuvor (1 min 25 sec)
AND
Last Race Day1 Heat 1 (1 min 53 sec)
AND
Last Race Day 1 Heat 2 (3 min 23 sec)
Sorry for the Inconvenience, HX.
Last edited by haxawsnavy; May 23, 2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Added Links manual. Playlist dint work correctly
May 23, 2017, 11:49 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks

Aerial Video

That is an excellent height and camera angle for the aerial shot (top video)! It gives a great look at the course and the positions of the boats. Too many videos are too close to the action that it is difficult to visualize the course and tactics that would be in play.

BP
May 24, 2017, 09:46 PM
Nice videos, Hax. Had a lot of fun on Day 1.
May 24, 2017, 11:59 PM
Thanks, Skippers,!! I did learn a lot from all of you . Selected Day 2 (Sunday) vids are now ready to post so look in here tomorrow ,!! I have MORE still pic's coming to me this weekend also,!!! AND please SHARE the info with those that were there that I don't have contact for OR may not be RCG/YouTube users,!! My boat (73) should be out of dry dock and back on the lake this Saturday,!! I'll bet the water is over the Rip rap,! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 25, 2017, 10:44 PM

VID UPDATE TIME Part 2 Sunday Sailing

Hi Every one,! This is the continued coverage from post #23 Selected vid's I shot . Please Pay close attention to the Last Race of the Day Heat 1 (race 18) as this finnish is why we chose to shoot them in our original concepts. We had a short day so there weren't as many races to complete to get the 3rd Discard. I have included the Awards Presentation Wrap-up here also. Many Thanks go out and I will list them separately next post with more Stills I'm to get this weekend. Here's the next batch,:
Day 2 Race 1 Heat 1 series race 12 (2 min 29 sec)
AND
Day 2 Race 1 Heat 2 series race 12 (2 min 45 sec)
AND
Day 2 Commodore Gets a W (1 min 43 sec)
AND
Day 2 Race 17 Heat 1 another close one (1 min 31 sec)
AND
Day 2 Last race of Regatta Heat 1 (2 min 53 sec)
AND
Day 2 Last Race of Regatta Heat 2 18 races Done Allows for 3 Discards (1 min 54 sec)
AND
Regatta Wrap up Awards Presentations (3 min 16 sec)
ENJOY,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 26, 2017, 01:38 PM
Great vids Tim. Cant wait to see more of the multirotor footage.