F3K Review tread - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 03, 2017, 06:59 AM
french team pilote
Video

F3K Review tread

Hi to all ,
I am proud to show you my new concept for the F3K developing , an special YouTube channel of F3K flying ,learning ,setting,building and testing .

I allready make 2 video for the Vibe 2 from Armsoar Composite gliders . ( link bellow )

first one is in french , second one in English .
Vibe 2 dlg F3K review français (7 min 24 sec)

F3K review vibe 2 dlg (10 min 50 sec)

What I wish for this tread is to show you what is new in the F3K world , like models or only show you how to improove you launch, thermal strategy or anything you ask for .

I will make review next on CX4 with 2017 paint , Go mini and Flare .

If you have any suggestion for what I should do , please share what is in your mind

Bye
Pierre
Last edited by pierre39; Feb 04, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2017, 02:14 PM
I know the Inside out.....
This is great!

Really, there are many DLG videos but only a few are good instruction videos with actual tips and tricks that make you a better pilot.

I would be interested in:

1) Setting up and flying your plane such that you fly smooth turns, even if they have to be very small.

I know this is a combination of your set up and how you fly. So it is about how to set up differential, snap flap and how to start the turn, use ailerons to keep plane level and how to apply just the right amount of up (at the right moment during the turn) , to not to stall the plane.

I know the elements but I find it very challenging to put this in practice and to get it right....

2) I really admire your launch, so smooth and powerfull. How do you get the plane to rise in such a smooth parabole? Mine goes up nearly vertical and I loose a lot of meters when at the top, the plan tumbles over and drops its nose....

These are two of my ideas for videos and it would be really great if you can reflect on this.

Many thanks!

Roger
Feb 03, 2017, 03:14 PM
You know we're all gonna want it in English too, just to be awkward haha.

But great videos man, I to would like to see/hear your control inputs for smooth turns, model set up and your way of finding lift, like where do you head to first on launch etc
Feb 03, 2017, 04:09 PM
french team pilote
Allready some good idea !!
For settings and pilot inputs , yes it s glider and pilote settings but I will try to do a dual cam video for filming the glider and the radion in the same time .

I will try to make an review or flying tip every wednesday .

So stay tuned and continue to share your ideas !

Thanks
Pierre
Feb 03, 2017, 04:27 PM
Pierre, Love this. Keep them coming! Thanks, Gary
Feb 03, 2017, 06:29 PM
I know the Inside out.....
He Pierre,

Another idea: since you will be building more planes: how about showing how you fit the spring on elevator and rudder? Do you fit two pair, to prevent warping? How long are the springs? Z shaper or U?

Do you use fish line? Or guitar string.

This whole elevator and rudder challenge would make a good video!

Thanks!
Feb 04, 2017, 05:55 AM
Bravo Pierre, keep it going, can't wait to see more awesome videos.
Feb 04, 2017, 06:07 AM
french team pilote
yes , why not !

I will make some Q &A too , because of some subject will be compiled in one video and it s not needed to fly for explain it .

for Q&A I will make one when I will get enough question for make a good video

Thanks Nick , now I started I couldn't stop

cheers
Pierre
Feb 04, 2017, 08:14 AM
BGO
BGO
Great idea Pierre! As it is very difficult to see what happens near the plane maybe you know somebody who could make a video with a drone near by the plane. Then it would be better visual what happens. Just an idea 😉

Brian

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Feb 04, 2017, 11:06 AM
french team pilote
I am professional drone pilote , and I am flying f3k . but I am flying alone all the time . no one arround me ....
I will put the mobuis on the glider , then you will see better
Feb 04, 2017, 04:45 PM
By all means, keep doing these - I enjoyed them both, even though I could only understand the english version.

One request - more close-ups when you're showing some of the details about the model - I found some of those details interesting, but was having trouble really seeing what you were talking about. Maybe cut to video from a bench-fly session to show some of the details?

Good work - looking forward to seeing more.

Chuck
Feb 05, 2017, 09:51 AM
french team pilote
hi , there is the french version of last video . english is comming tomorow !!

Comment débuter en F3K (12 min 33 sec)

bye

Pierre
Feb 06, 2017, 08:44 AM
french team pilote
there is english version .

It s may be a bit borring for not beginner people , but I think it s usefull .

how to start F3K (9 min 30 sec)

if you have any question about anything here , feel free to ask me

Pierre
Feb 06, 2017, 09:17 AM
Another good video and very interesting radio set up, I really like the brakes on the spring switch idea and I use a push button for launch too, I like it more over a toggle type switch, I find it easier to press.

I assume you use your speed mode as your climb/zoom mode too after the model has left your hand?

In fact I REALLY like the brakes on a switch, I don't know why I didn't think of this before. For me, my brakes are either on or off, the only reason they are on my throttle stick is cause that's where I read they should be when I started with dlg''s. On the spring switch no need for any fancy mixing to turn them off for launch, it's simple and safe and I like that, gonna set up the same way now, thanks for showing your radio set up Pierre!
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Feb 06, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Feb 07, 2017, 07:24 PM
There are voices in my head...
Bien fait!

I watched your french videos, lots of good points. Even the supposed "boring" video, I like it. I think newcomers to this side of the hobby will really appreciate the videos. The reviews are most welcome, I think my son wants a Vibe now, he was already wanting to move up from a smaller DLG but your video sold it. He's 13 and already 6ft, possible gorilla in training (the scary part is, his name is already Tobey)

Please keep up the good work and more reviews videos s.v.p!

Vin (who is drooling over all these lovely DLGs)