Dec 27, 2017, 10:02 PM
Thank you I appreciate that a lot. Your gonna laugh about what I used for the coloring, sharpie permanent markers,lol. The orange on chrome wheels & crashbar looks so cool. I have paint but needed something fast so my kids could tell them apart.
Center of gravity is awesome too with battery mounted on swingarm & let's it stay neutral in air when jumping instead of being front heavy.
Ya the L939 has no braking, just forward & reverse. I don't like that because using mobile 1 synthetic grease on gears helps it slow down faster but with A999, the braking effect is great. Smooth acceleration & when hitting brakes, can stop very fast. I have a new set of L939 front & rear wheels on the way. I might leave A999 rear wheels on L939 & use the front L939 wheels on it. If still to top heavy I'll go full L939 wheels.
Also when motors come in I'll use ball bearing in the rear instead of the plastic black bushings. Can drill out front wheels & snap in ball bearings there too with pin going through them.
Getting wheels off front was easy after I saw your video. I'm a total newbie with modding. Only thing I worked on is my real cars & custom Harley Softail, & most of that is bolt-on, so I think this is harder.
Edit: sorry I don't know how to get pic of my son out,lol.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2017, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
Your welcome. Looks like you have a lot of fun!

Cant wait to see pics of the further progress!

The K979 is on sale at Walmart! $26.49
I have answered your qestion at this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rive-Pros-Cons
Dec 27, 2017, 11:39 PM
Thread OP
This guy is also into modding tiny RC cars. He has used bigger motors, ball bearings and 5V step up booster/converter with the L939 and other cars.
He is a very ecperienced guy. Doing this for years.
He referrs about his experiences in his vids.

Maybe this is help/inspiration.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AVAMagneticlev/videos
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Dec 27, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Dec 28, 2017, 06:01 PM
Thread OP
Very nice mod of a L939 with 300mAh bat, ball bearings, foam tires and insane speed!
He needs definitely a kind of wheelie bar!
WL Toys L939 Insane 300mAh Hi Speed Mods/ Mad Micro RC Mods (16 min 8 sec)
Dec 30, 2017, 05:47 AM
To be honest, as a newbie, I learned alot watching this guy's utube vids too. Im gonna try the 5v booster like he did & get the motors he recommended lol. I joined his thing on Pateron & wrote to him like I wrote you for help. I didn't know if you check your threads anymore at that point. Will be a little while b4 I get to these cars though since I'm modding my 1/18 Vortex & p929 truck. My wife is gonna kill me with the $ I've spent so I have to lay low for alittle. I'm training my 5 yr old daughter with these too.
Dec 30, 2017, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
I am a kind of newbie too with cars! He is way more professional than I am!

Glad I could help!

This is a great hobby! But also addictive! It can consume a lot of time and money!

As I am a childcare worker I would give you an advice! Make sure you and your kids are getting enough physical movement/sports and literacy. These two things and parents as role models in good social competences are the most important things when raising children.

From my experience at work (Kindergarten) both, girls and boys from 3yo. to 12yo. are having fun with RC cars.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:12 AM
I was a union plumber but on disability after a drunk driver hit me on my Harley motorcycle & almost killed me. My wife is a high school teacher & I coach all my kids sport teams. Physical activities is big in my house but we have fun with atv's & now rc'a too. Your not kidding about the money this hobby takes.
Dec 31, 2017, 04:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99jimse
I was a union plumber but on disability after a drunk driver hit me on my Harley motorcycle & almost killed me. My wife is a high school teacher & I coach all my kids sport teams. Physical activities is big in my house but we have fun with atv's & now rc'a too. Your not kidding about the money this hobby takes.
Sorry to hear this! All the best for you and your family!

My first education was a car mechanic. I wasnt able to stay with it because of my back. Pain every day after work. So I went back to school and I am a social worker in child care now. Much better for my back and much better for my soul!

Thats what I have learned about RC in the last 6 years. Keep an eye on how much you pay for it, and how much you get back from the hobby for the mony and time you have spent.

Keep the things and solutions simple and cheap!
Jan 04, 2018, 07:55 AM
Thanks surfer I appreciate it. That's cool you was a mechanic, I like working on real cars. Before becoming a plumber I worked in crisis interventices with troubled kids for 10 yrs, great job & feeling just no money unfortunately in that field here.
Jan 04, 2018, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Same here! After more than 5 years education almost no money to earn! And way too less workers available for the huge amount of kids! Hope it will get better in the future. We are doing a lot of public relation work to improve the situation. Of course we are striking every or evry second year!

Good thing is you will never get unemployd, or at least you can find a new job in a few days.

The issue is on the public monitor now, we will se if something changes!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jan 04, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Jan 04, 2018, 02:23 PM
Do you guys have an opinion on our President Trump? Just asking out of pure curiosity.
Jan 04, 2018, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Do you guys have an opinion on our President Trump? Just asking out of pure curiosity.
For most of the germans he may be a weirdo! But same for Merkel in a kind of way!

Germans doubt he will stay in charge!

Hard to say for me. From what I receive about him in Germany in the media he has some odd behaviour.
At the moment I havent the resources to follow politics, my education is too much time consuming.

In Germany the rich are getting richer since decades. I guess its the same in USA. Industrial nations and theire democracys have theire specific problems.
Some things are going wrong in Germany. Lefts and rights havent solutions in my opinion. What they do, and they are very good at it, is to fight against each other without any human sense and blame each other!
I guess we need some new partys!

EDIT: I am curious which statements about Trump are in "Fire und Fury"! I dont believe evrything what was released about Trump! It is always difficulty to me to look behind the scenes!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jan 06, 2018 at 02:46 AM.
Feb 08, 2018, 04:36 AM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Very nice mod of a L939 with 300mAh bat, ball bearings, foam tires and insane speed!
He needs definitely a kind of wheelie bar!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=080vwH1-K5E
Quote:
To be honest, as a newbie, I learned alot watching this guy's utube vids too. Im gonna try the 5v booster like he did & get the motors he recommended lol. I joined his thing on Pateron & wrote to him like I wrote you for help. I didn't know if you check your threads anymore at that point. Will be a little while b4 I get to these cars though since I'm modding my 1/18 Vortex & p929 truck. My wife is gonna kill me with the $ I've spent so I have to lay low for alittle. I'm training my 5 yr old daughter with these too.
That guy's videos are so awesome!
@99jimse , I see on the 1/28 thread that you did this mod on the A999...
Did you find it as tight to work on the A999 as he shows on the L939? Was there more space cos of the car being bigger?
I'm a n00b and I'm planning to get the A999 for my 4yr-old, but I wanna extend the running time cos I also might get WLToys 1/28s for myself and my 7yr-old, and the 4yr-old is no gonna be happy if she has to just sit and watch while we are still bashing around.
Only thing that's a bit daunting is that this guy seems like a seasoned modder, and still he says it was very tight to get this mod done on the L939. And me... I'm still waiting for my first cars to arrive on the slow boat I might be a bit out of my depth here!
My hope is that the bigger A999 gives more room and makes the mod easier. Can you please post pics of your mod on the A999?
Last edited by Inevitability; Feb 08, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
Feb 08, 2018, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
If you want to make the battery mod, keep in mind that you cant use the stock charger anymore.
The stock battery of the a999 has an inbuilt over charging protection. If you mod to an bigger batt you will need a charger likevthe imaxb6 and a self made charging cable.
A999 has the same chassis like l939. Same space inside.
Feb 08, 2018, 11:30 PM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
Quote:
If you want to make the battery mod, keep in mind that you cant use the stock charger anymore.
The stock battery of the a999 has an inbuilt over charging protection. If you mod to an bigger batt you will need a charger likevthe imaxb6 and a self made charging cable.
I have a cheapie 'hobby grade' charger I bought for my quadcopters long ago (it's called 'Just Another Charger' )
Quote:
A999 has the same chassis like l939. Same space inside.
I was quite sure I saw a video where the guy compared the 2 and showed the A999 was bigger. I guess it's just the way he was holding it to the camera

Quick Reply