May 05, 2018, 11:54 AM
WOW!!!
Love your track idea. Very cool. Your car collection is awesome as well. You have the makings of a very cool car show display with some nice little hotrods!
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2018, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
Thanks!
May 12, 2018, 05:25 AM
NaN
Great collection of customised tiny cars, SilbernerSurfer.

I've thought about gearing down an L939 - maybe finding a geared motor to replace the motor, and keeping the spur gear, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. It would be a bit fiddly.
May 12, 2018, 06:16 AM
Thread OP
The guy from AVA Magnetic Levitation has made a lot of gear mods. You will find his channel on YT wit some examples.

He mostly has replaced the motor by cutting of the gear box and glued the motor back with epoxy I think.
May 12, 2018, 06:19 AM
Thread OP
https://www.youtube.com/user/AVAMagneticlev
May 12, 2018, 05:16 PM
NaN
Thanks, SilbernerSurfer. I'll have a look.
Jun 22, 2018, 03:06 PM
I am mostly into quads, but it got a little boring and the regulations etc... suck.
My son recently turned 5. He learned to crash a bit with a tinywhoop, but ofcourse a little too much for him.
after i fixed his 1 year old a999 the other day. I slapped on an fpv cam and now we both are hooked and i ordered another one to race with him. A rock crawler is also en route .I am looking for an upgrade though. Preferably in the same scale as a999/l939. Any tips?
The 959(b) looks a tad too fast for in and outdoors and bigger. But its also on the musthave list.
Jun 22, 2018, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
I am mostly into quads, but it got a little boring and the regulations etc... suck.
My son recently turned 5. He learned to crash a bit with a tinywhoop, but ofcourse a little too much for him.
after i fixed his 1 year old a999 the other day. I slapped on an fpv cam and now we both are hooked and i ordered another one to race with him. A rock crawler is also en route .I am looking for an upgrade though. Preferably in the same scale as a999/l939. Any tips?
The 959(b) looks a tad too fast for in and outdoors and bigger. But its also on the musthave list.
Watch this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...55-Wltoys-1-28

Fast cars in the same size as the A999. But faster and 4wd! No dual rates on the Tx. Maybe you can do the throttle poti mod with the Tx.

For indoor use you will need a big space, for outdoor use a pretty levelled surface.
Jun 22, 2018, 04:39 PM
Thanks! Indeed mostly low profile ones and i need something with more ground clearance. But i asked them there.
What do you mean with dual rates? Speed modes? The upgrade is only for me atm

I know its an old thread but, I added two extra zipties on the sides of the a999 btw. Its "ass" doesnt wiggle much now and the suspension is stiffer.
Jun 23, 2018, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Yes, no speed modes!
Jul 11, 2018, 02:49 PM
not bad
Jan 26, 2019, 08:46 AM
delete
Last edited by StanekTM; Mar 07, 2019 at 02:22 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 03:48 AM
Hi All

I'm new to this forum, I tripped over this post after googling about the wltoys a939. I just bought it for myself and my son to mess around with.

I wondered as this post was son old if anyone has made any clear body shells for the 939. I have watched a few videos about making your own with a vacuum box. Thought I'd ask first though before I go to that effort.

I have a couple of unused scalextric car shells that with a little modification here and there would make good moulds.
Jul 29, 2019, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
NO! I never found clear body shells! The route to use scalextric shells sounds promising!

In the 1/28 thread are some amazing custom builds posted! Maybe you can find inspiration there?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...55-Wltoys-1-28

Please, keep us updated!
Sep 30, 2019, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone, maybe these bodies will fit ? https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/32979...chweb201603_55

Quick Reply