Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2017, 07:05 PM
Registered User
Petefoss's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Replacement for Flyzone 7 mm 12000kV motor


A friend of mine has a scale plane flying on a motor/gearbox from a Flyzone Albatros. The motor wore out. Since it's been discontinued by Hobbico, anyone know of a drop in replacement from another source?

Thanks,
Pete
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2017, 07:41 PM
Crazy Canuck
NEWBEFLYER's Avatar
I think you can use a 6mm motor say from a Amber II or even the UM Cub motor gear box would probably work. You may need to change out the motor plug to fit on the FZ Rx
Feb 01, 2017, 07:51 PM
------
coriolan's Avatar
This motor has a fairly high Kv:
http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...hm/index.shtml
Feb 01, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wanton construction
Pouncer's Avatar
well there's still the version B even if it's backordered at the moment:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCVVV&P=7


7mm motors abound on Banggood and Ebay, if you can salvage the pinion from the original motor, any listed replacement for Hubsan quads would do I think.
They list them by RPM, so 45 000 rpm motors is what you're looking for.
Example: http://www.banggood.com/2-x-7mm-Holl...l?rmmds=search
Feb 04, 2017, 08:03 AM
Way to much free time!
CorvetteC5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
I think you can use a 6mm motor say from a Amber II or even the UM Cub motor gear box would probably work. You may need to change out the motor plug to fit on the FZ Rx
Not True! The FlyZone gearbox is for 7mm diameter motors with an 0.8mm diameter shaft! I have replaced many of them with aftermarket parts from Banggood, eBay, etc. I solder the leads and swap the plastic pinion gear from the old to the new motors.
Last edited by CorvetteC5; Feb 05, 2017 at 07:57 AM.
Feb 04, 2017, 08:46 AM
Registered User
sirpercy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5
Not True! The FlyZone gearbox is for 7mm diameter motors! I have replaced many of them with aftermarket parts from Banggood, eBay, etc. I solder the leads and swap the plastic pinion gear from the old to the new motors.

what Curt says......
Last edited by sirpercy; Feb 05, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
Feb 04, 2017, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Be aware the 7mm motors come with both 0.8mm and 1.0mm shafts so make sure you check what shaft diameter the original motor has. If it uses a plastic pinion that should be easy to remove and mount on a new motor.

If you get stuck, let me know. I have over 100 7mm motors with 0.8mm shaft in stock. However minimum postage from here is around $4.
Last edited by epilot; Feb 04, 2017 at 09:33 AM.
Feb 05, 2017, 07:59 AM
Way to much free time!
CorvetteC5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpercy
ignore
This drivel from a fellow Hoosier! Really? Sad.
Last edited by CorvetteC5; Feb 05, 2017 at 01:19 PM.
Feb 05, 2017, 11:59 AM
Registered User
sirpercy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5
This drivel from a fellow Hoosier! Really? Sad.
OK, That maybe didn't work. I wrote a comment, then realized that I hadn't read the OP correctly, so my post was not pertinent. I tried to remove it , but you can't, so I had to repost. I posted ignore meaning to ignore my attempt at posting, not Ignore your advise. Didn't even notice that until now. Sorry. OK, I'll shut up..
Hi, Curt
How are you??
Feb 05, 2017, 01:17 PM
Way to much free time!
CorvetteC5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpercy
OK, That maybe didn't work. I wrote a comment, then realized that I hadn't read the OP correctly, so my post was not pertinent. I tried to remove it , but you can't, so I had to repost. I posted ignore meaning to ignore my attempt at posting, not Ignore your advise. Didn't even notice that until now. Sorry. OK, I'll shut up..
Hi, Curt
How are you??
Just got a strong laugh from your explanation and innocent intentions! Thanks for clearing that up! I kept wondering what I had miss-posted.

We're good, and I'm excellent.
Jul 27, 2019, 06:08 PM
Somewhere in Tennessee

Flyzone 7mm motor still available?


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
Be aware the 7mm motors come with both 0.8mm and 1.0mm shafts so make sure you check what shaft diameter the original motor has. If it uses a plastic pinion that should be easy to remove and mount on a new motor.

If you get stuck, let me know. I have over 100 7mm motors with 0.8mm shaft in stock. However minimum postage from here is around $4.
I have an very old Flyzone Albatros bought Tx-R from Hobbico (stock number HCAA2557) . It has been a great little aircraft for a very long time.

My motor finally went out. It is a 7mm motor and has the plastic pinion gear but mine has the 1.0mm shaft. My old Flyzone instruction and parts booklet shows the motor as stock number HCAA6307 (again....this is the old Flyzone Hobbico number).

I know that your post was some time ago, but if you could let me know if you have access or know where to find these replacement motors, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...

Hal
Aug 02, 2019, 01:58 PM
Somewhere in Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer
well there's still the version B even if it's backordered at the moment:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCVVV&P=7


7mm motors abound on Banggood and Ebay, if you can salvage the pinion from the original motor, any listed replacement for Hubsan quads would do I think.
They list them by RPM, so 45 000 rpm motors is what you're looking for.
Example: http://www.banggood.com/2-x-7mm-Holl...l?rmmds=search
If anybody is still trying to find replacement motors for their Flyzone Albatros, I found a set of 4 motors ( 2 are clockwise rotating and 2 counter clockwise) that were packaged up for a Hubsan quad on Amazon for under $9 shipped Prime in 2 days. The dimensions for my motor was 7mm x 17mm with a 1.0mm shaft using the plastic pinion gear. The replacements are 20mm long but there is plenty of room for the added length. These can be found by searching for " 3.7v 7mm x 20mm x 1mm". You need to use the clockwise rotation motors (blue and red leads).

After you repair your airplane , you will end up with a spare for later and 2 extras to play around with for under $10!
Aug 04, 2019, 02:03 PM
Registered User
speedy01's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal C
If anybody is still trying to find replacement motors for their Flyzone Albatros ... .
Thanks, Hal. Nice follow-up.

Gene K
Aug 21, 2019, 10:43 AM
Somewhere in Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Thanks, Hal. Nice follow-up.

Gene K
By any chance, has anybody got a source for the 1mm plastic pinion gears? I found that mine had a split when installing it on the motor for my FZ UM Neuport (same one as the Albatros).

Hal C
Aug 21, 2019, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Nix on the plastic pinions.
Flyzone upgraded to Brass ones later on .. For reason.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools