Feb 01, 2017, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
Question

Beta Flight "No response from the bootloader, programming failed"

Hey guys i'm new to beta flight and all, just today it started acting funny giving me an error when I try to flash my board "No response from the boot loader, programming failed". It worked previously and had controller working and could see all the different changes you could do to your drone but today it aint working.

So far I've tried
- Restarting comp
- Check chrome and beta flight for updates
- New USB cable
- Using a bridge (boot)

I'm stumped! I'm fairly new to beta flight so if you have any suggestions that would be great!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2017, 07:00 PM
Did you run that zadig program from betaflight welcome page? You need to run zadig and p
That puts the betaflight in DFU mode. After it is in DFU mode, you can flash it.
Feb 01, 2017, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply, Ran Zadig and the one selected in photo is USB connected to FC, I re-Install it but in other photo shouldn't i get DFU mode? Sorry im so new haha
Feb 01, 2017, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFighter12
Thanks for the reply, Ran Zadig and the one selected in photo is USB connected to FC, I re-Install it but in other photo shouldn't i get DFU mode? Sorry im so new haha
What flight controller are you using? Only certain flight controllers require DFU mode,did yours enter dfu before or was it a port?
Feb 01, 2017, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
I'm using a Wizzard x220 Drone and got the FS-i6 transmitter seperate. FC is SPF3. That sound right?
Feb 01, 2017, 08:28 PM
Yes, that controller doesn't use dfu. Which firmware version of BF are you loading and what settings do you have for the firmware flasher? What is the version of the BF app you are using?
What lights are on the board? What lights are on the board when using the boot pads?
Feb 01, 2017, 08:32 PM
You have to go to tools , show all devices => smt32 bootloader, then click install(or reinstall).

Then automatically DFU mode will appear I betaflight. If you still can't figure out, this is a good video =>
How to install BetaFlight 3.0 onto Flip32 F4 flight controller (8 min 49 sec)
- oh and you need to press that little button while plugging the USB cable. Just watch the video and pay attention.

I am new too. I just received my FC this morning and I had the exact same issue you had. That's why I knew it
Feb 01, 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkfx
you have to go to tools , show all devices => smt32 bootloader, then click install(or reinstall).

Then automatically dfu mode will appear i betaflight. If you still can't figure out, this is a good video => https://youtu.be/beem6yvwpjw - oh and you need to press that little button while plugging the usb cable. Just watch the video and pay attention.

I am new too. I just received my fc this morning and i had the exact same issue you had. That's why i knew it
This is wrong,it does not pertain to the flight controller in the wizard.
Feb 01, 2017, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
Beta flight is Version 1.9.1
Feb 01, 2017, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFighter12
Beta flight is Version 1.9.1
The Betaflight app version(chrome app) is 1.9.1.
I also wanted the Betaflight firmware(on the flight controller)version.
Also wanted the apps flash settings, and what lights are on, on the board.
Plus, when plugged into pc, zadig see's the FC? What about in the device mgr? Does it show a com port(when plugged to pc)? Is it the same com port as shown in the BF chrome app? What port speed is selected in the chrome app?
If easier,screen shot and post
Have you tried re installing the drivers for windows?
Feb 01, 2017, 11:32 PM
Thread OP
Using SPF3 3.1.2 the most recent for firmware
When I plug In the x220 I get a solid blue light

Screen shots show it's the COM3 when I plug in the USB to FC.
The USB in the screenshot is called CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller (COM3)

Thanks so much for the help by the way!
Feb 02, 2017, 02:46 AM
Registered Quadcopter Abuser
You can still put the FC in dfu mode if you like but with this FC you shouldn't have to. As it uses the CP210 chip as usb interface the PC will always see it as a com port, dfu or not. It should work either way. Sometimes when I flash mine, I have to try twice as it gives no response from bootloader on first try.
Feb 02, 2017, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower_NL
You can still put the FC in dfu mode if you like but with this FC you shouldn't have to. As it uses the CP210 chip as usb interface the PC will always see it as a com port, dfu or not. It should work either way. Sometimes when I flash mine, I have to try twice as it gives no response from bootloader on first try.
So why would you put it in dfu mode then? This board never has required it and it only adds to new user confusion making posts like this
Feb 02, 2017, 10:05 AM
To re-hash:

Flight controller is working properly but cannot access it from the Betaflight gui?

Flight controller can be put in flash mode(blue light only with jump pads) but you get a no communication error when attempting to flash?

As far as flashing goes, try selecting no reboot sequence,flash on connect, manual baud rate 256000,then load the proper firmware , put board in flash mode by shorting boot pads and plugging in. Flash should start immediately upon connection.

I would also try removing and reinstalling the drivers for the board and see if that changes things.

You said the light is blue on flight controller, thats after using the boot pads correct? A normal boot up should produce the blue light and a red one.
Feb 02, 2017, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Is this what it should look like with reboot wire in? Nothing happening still

Quick Reply