XC at the 2017 NATS - RC Groups
Feb 01, 2017, 04:19 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Discussion

XC at the 2017 NATS

Ok Folks its time to start planning for the 2017 NATS XC part of your life!!!!

Cruise Directors: Tom Broeski and Wally 'By Golly" Adasczik

Cost: $10 per day and pay at the field! Proceeds go to the school for letting us use the field.

Dates: 7/20 and 7/21

Time: Getting on course around 10AM each day...usually...most days later.
Food: Bring your own
Where: Monroe Central Jr/Sr High School, Parker City, Indiana
Google Me: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...DeAQpx8IgAEwCg

So the "Grand Plan" is to help folks get their Level 3 (1KM), Level 4 (2KM) and Level 5 (10KM) XC completed in either Conventional or Electric Gliders. No contest here folks...just relaxing flying!!! This will get you ready for 2Meter and F3K on the weekend!

Winches will be available for conventional platforms. You have the option of flying either the North or South courses. When you click on the link above you can drive either course. When you come out of the parking lot head right (south) or left (north). Drive the road in Google view!!!

Update: The Mooks at Google only allow you view to the crossroads to 100St on the south course and to 500St on the north course. Watch out for the damned farm tractor heading south! Anyway the view gives potential pilots an idea on the openness of the course in either direction.

I will have a loaner T3000 available for use for your 10K as well as a portable speaker for the car or truck!

Questions - Leave them here or send a PM!!!

Hope to see yoose guys on the course!!!!

Regards,
Wally by Golly
Last edited by wadasczi; Jun 23, 2017 at 11:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2017, 11:45 AM
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
I hope to make it out for a day this year.

Ryan
Feb 04, 2017, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to it sir! Come out and have some fun! Bring Katie too!!!
Jul 12, 2017, 09:45 PM
Ok folks so ther will be a rag top Camero and a country Cadillac for use for XC. I know of 5 bodies coming for their 10k. Come out and cheer them on if you are in town early!!!
Wally
Aug 02, 2017, 12:35 PM

2017 NATS XC Results

2017 XC Results:

Wally Adasczik - 10K and a 2 Hour eLSF tasks complete
Amy Pool - 2 Hour eLSF complete
Sky Malcolm - a few kms up the road...and then back again...rinse and repeat...

This is the 4th year I have been flying at the NATS and someone always gets there 10K!!!! If you have not tried it you need to! Between the Country Cadillacs that are available, or the ragtop Camaro, there are many options to sit in comfort as you putt down the road....

Regards.
Wally