Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 01, 2017, 08:30 AM
Discussion

Trying to find my old White Trash Glider

Hey all you SBSS members. My name is Fred Weaver and I was an active member of the SBSS back in the 70's. I once flew a glider called a White Trash. My Trash was an enlarged version of the design Rick Walters made notable back in the day. My Trash was built by Stuart Horton a LONG time ago. I sold the airplane around 1976 to someone I can't remember. I needed every penny we could scrape up to buy our first home in San Jose. I also Sold my Grand Esprit to Mike Mitchell and would like to find that one too but have lost track of Mike over the years. So the reason for this post is simple. I'd really like to find my old Trash and buy it back. It was a pretty tough old guy and I flew it a lot. Can I persuade you guys to kinda rattle the bushes and see if you can find my old plane in someone's closet, hanging on a wall or hanging in a shop somewhere?? I'm thinking of building another one and would make it as close to accurate as my old one just to see if we could fly it better today! I just can't believe it's crashed or thrown away....... I'm going to attach some pictures so you can identify it if the opportunity becomes available. I live up in Sutter Creek these days after departing the Bay Area in 2002. My phone number is 209-267- One Five One Six. Hoping some of the more Senior members just might remember who has it. I appreciate the efforts it might take. The posted pictures were taken in 1975 I believe. They were taken at Curtis Jr. High..... Notice the openness of the area compared to today...
Thank You very much...
Weav
Weav@ suttercreek. Com.....
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2017, 05:31 PM
Fred:

This is russ failing. Call me at 408-828-9612