Team Associated RC10T4.3 RTR

Get started racing with the RC10T4.3 RTR! This Team Associated truck is perfect for bashing or learning the ropes around the track!

Splash

An Affordable Entry Into Racing

As the ground thaws for us racers in the Northern Hemisphere, the tracks will open for business and new drivers will hit the dirt! And what better way to start a racing career than with a Team Associated RC10T? The all new RC10T4.3 comes in an RTR package (minus a LiPo battery) that's ready to cut some fast laps at the local track. The RC10T is no slouch; based on the 8-Time ROAR National Champ, the RC10T4.3 RTR comes with fully-adjustable front and rear suspension, a Reedy 3300kv motor and esc, V2 coil-over aluminum dampers, and an XP120 2.4GHz 2-channel pistol-grip radio. The Team Associated RC10T4.3 RTR retails for $259.98.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Team Associated RC10T4.3 RTR

Features:

• Fully assembled 2WD truck
  • Water resistant, high-power Reedy brushless speed control
  • T-Plug connector
  • LiPo low voltage cutoff
  • Powerful Reedy 3300kV brushless motor
  • 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system
  • Metal gear, high-torque Reedy digital servo
  • Blue anodized aluminum V2 coil-over shocks
  • Heavy duty sealed gear differential with adjustable slipper clutch
  • Factory finished Interceptor-T body
  • Water resistant enclosed receiver box
  • High traction compound tires pre-mounted on white hex drive wheels
  • Molded composite chassis and battery strap that fits NiMH or LiPo batteries
  • Rugged steel turnbuckles for adjustable camber and front toe-in
  • Vertical ball ends for roll center adjustments, front and rear

Team Associated RC10T4.3 Ready-To-Run (0 min 56 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 01, 2017 at 09:43 AM..
Feb 01, 2017, 06:49 PM
User Registered
I noticed this the other day. The "4" series lives on! Great for all those that are still kicking around the oldie but goodie. They added a different radio this time around. It has throttle rate adjustment for, I guess, the times when you want to cut back the top speed a bit.

Some of the best looking "factory finished" bodies to date IMO. I know I'll be getting a couple.
Feb 02, 2017, 01:25 AM
Looks awesome!
Feb 02, 2017, 08:29 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
Ive been around with TA since they were born. Great to see this truck still kicking and taking names! Really fun trucks to rally and launch. they do hook up on tracks too! I won many races with these ... back in the days )
Feb 02, 2017, 11:36 AM
Did I make the A Main?
kinda disappointed on this rather ancient design coming back, not really sure it's worthy of being billed as a dot3 release, I'd like to know what specific improvements have been made to the chassis itself? I don't think new tires/electronics would warrant enough changes for a new revision number... all I'm seeing is a water resistant receiver box and maybe improved ball cups... you'd think they would've at least upgraded the shocks with threaded bodies by now:

Feb 02, 2017, 05:22 PM
DFS#000178
Nothing wrong with ancient designs. Especially for an RTR basher.

My old tub-chassie RC10GT is still one of the best driving trucks I've got and it's literally 1990/91 suspension geometry, based on the original RC10T.

Kind of wish more manufacturers would bring older designs back. I'd kill for a new-in-box RS4-MT, even though I just finished restoring mine like a year back.
Feb 02, 2017, 06:43 PM
Did I make the A Main?
after some more time looking over the product pic I linked above, I can see that they now offer standard 12mm hexes, that's a big plus right there, I really hated those pin drive rear and bearing insert front wheels before that couldn't be rotated... this begs to question if they are still using imperial hardware or have finally joined the rest of the industry with full metric hardware now?

they don't have any links up for the user manual on the product page to verify much of anything yet:
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_...anuals_setups/

only other new noted feature that I can spot:
Quote:
Revised suspension arms provide additional durability
Feb 02, 2017, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyUs
I noticed this the other day. The "4" series lives on! Great for all those that are still kicking around the oldie but goodie. They added a different radio this time around. It has throttle rate adjustment for, I guess, the times when you want to cut back the top speed a bit.

Some of the best looking "factory finished" bodies to date IMO. I know I'll be getting a couple.
Sounds great improvements on this machine.
Feb 13, 2017, 12:34 AM
Have always wanted a 10T...This looks like a good reason to pick one up.
Jan 26, 2019, 05:51 PM

rc10T4.3 Wing

I absolutely love this car, however the stock gearing for 2s is way too low. Looks like it's gearing for 3s?

for 2s I recommend changing the pinion from 18T to 23T and get an estimate of 30mph

There are tons of after market upgrades for this car.

Also I broke the stock little wing and added my own, I love wings even for a stadium truck

Pro-line Gladiator tires with rpm wheels for rear is the best option (off road) for this car, not for pavement. Too bad they are discontinued
Jan 27, 2019, 07:00 PM
User Registered
The Gladiator 2.2" tires are one of my favorites when it comes to medium compound tires for stadium truck trashing. Like superticky said, discontinued. Too bad that designation is on both the T4.3 truck and Gladiator tires.

I'm banking on Associated parts support for years to come. They have a great reputation in that department. At least I think so.

Yes, Team Associated knowing most users would be putting the truck through some rougher terrain, they went a bit on the safe side when it came to gearing the T4.3.

Now, tell me more on that wing. Looks like it's angled upwards a bit. Maybe just my eyes. Nonetheless, looks pretty sweet. Not sure on how long it would last on my T4, but I'm all in.

Looks like a Pro-Line 6294-17 Air Force 6.5" rear wing for a buggy. Part number, or link? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by RustyUs; Jan 27, 2019 at 07:09 PM.
Jan 27, 2019, 09:44 PM
You got it right Rusty, that's the wing model. I just painted glossy black in the bottom and it looks nice and foggy on the top. I used some plastic spacers and plastic washers to add this to the body the best possible since that part is fragile. I wish I had a better way to attach the wing to some other part in the car instead of the body. I'm adding a new pic from the back so you can see the plastic spacer I used. just do make jumps and land on the wing My wife was using it that day just before the picture and she was jumping like crazy until she landed on the wing. That is why it looks bent but I fixed it already, just added a bigger plastic washer to cover more of the body as support.

Rusty what spur size and pinion are you currently using and what top speed are you reaching ?

Also a few questions about the front tires, as you can see I have some Dirt Hawg 2.8 which are great for the front, very directional and they won't grip to the sides so the car doesn't flip when turning in the short grass or dirt. It's a 2wd anyway. I tried gladiators on four wheels to make it even on looks but driving was a disaster, too much grip in the front which was making the car flip on every turn and slowing it down as well.

Having said that, I would like to try other options for the front and use the same rpm 2.2 rim I have in the back, these are the options I have so far, let me know what you think ( just for the front with gladiators in the back )

- Pro-Line 8192-02 Hole Shot T 2.2" M3 (Soft)
- J Concepts Goose Bumps Tire, Green: 2.2 Truck
- Pro-Line 8209-02 Caliber T 2.2" M3 (Soft)
- Pro-line Front Wedge T 2.2 Z3 Off-Road Carpet

or just go with the standard not so pretty from stadium truck tires:
- JCONCEPTS Carvers Blue: 2.2

And last question .... there is a ton of after market aluminium upgrades, any one worth it ? I feel it would add weight and I like how light and quiet my T4.3 is ... but still just wondering in case any special part is important to upgrade to aluminium regardless the added weight.

Thank you !
Jan 28, 2019, 07:53 PM
User Registered
It's funny you thought about using those Pro-line Front Wedge T 2.2 Z3 Off-Road Carpet tires. I was contemplating the same when my other options are no longer available. I was even thinking of using those Wedge T fronts on the rear of my other stadium truck. My other truck is an Evader ST Pro that uses Gladiators all the way around at the moment. That ST loves the Pro-Line Gladiators for some reason. Maybe that's because the tires are heavy and calms the truck down?

My T4.3 gets the old school treatment for running on a loose; low-medium grip track...knobby rear/ribbed fronts. Being more specific, Panther Step Pins and Pro-Line The Edge fronts. Panther has not responded to me since...November? I wanted to place a large order of their Step Pins during Black Friday specials that they normally have every year. There was none in stock for months so I wrote Panther off....UNTIL TODAY! The T300 Step Pins are back in stock! The only problem is shipping costs is $28 so a person would have to make a large order to make it seem worthwhile.

Anyways...

The tires that you listed in your post above will probably give you a lot of steering when paired with the medium compound Gladiators. I'd forget about the Holeshots. Go with either the Goosebumps, or Calibers.
Last edited by RustyUs; Jan 28, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
Jan 28, 2019, 08:30 PM
Thanks Rusty !

I think I will go with the Calibers for the front.
Jan 28, 2019, 10:08 PM
User Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by superticky
...Rusty what spur size and pinion are you currently using and what top speed are you reaching ?...
Let me first say that my "T4.3" started out as just an idea, and boredom. A week earlier I had finished putting together my B4.2FT kit, and I had this box full of spare SC10/T4/B4 chop shop parts staring at me. Then a spare T4 chassis shows up at doorstep.

Long story short, I'm running a 20T pinion with an 87T spur gear most days. This is with a F540 (F=Finned) 3100kv motor. Getting 27 MPH... on a good day...downhill . Anything between 25~30 mph is what I shoot for rough off-road terrain.

Quick Reply