Jan 07, 2018, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know of a source for spare parts for the Slow Sticks ? Dave w1dwz@fullchannel.net
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 11:03 AM
WrongRudderR/C
Aloft is selling Kits that's pieced together from spare parts lots tyheyve bought up.
Feb 28, 2018, 03:30 AM
Just acquired some parts for GWS Corsair, Zero, Spitfire, some other trainer planes. Here is my post for the P-82 project: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post39229943
May 02, 2018, 11:42 AM
I'm afraid that GWS is gone for good. I placed an order for a bunch of different props. Kuan emailed to clarify the order and then said he would ship them on 4/4. I never received an invoice and I never received a shipment. I've been trying to contact him for several weeks with no response. So, if you are wondering when Heads Up RC will be restocking GWS props, it looks like the answer is we will not.
May 09, 2018, 02:13 PM
Your Emax DD propellers look very similar to GWS. Would you consider them a reasonable replacement for GWS DD?
Aug 15, 2018, 06:20 PM
I need brushless motors and gearboxes for a GWS p38..Any ideas ?
Aug 15, 2018, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerdrone
I need brushless motors and gearboxes for a GWS p38..Any ideas ?
Do you mean brushless motor mated with gearbox? Nowadays there are just too many direct drive brushless motors available to drive those light weight GWS warbird. Here are some cheap ones:
9X7 props, even three blade: https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-B...r_warehouse=CN
8x6 prop: https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-A...r_warehouse=CN

You do need to work out motor mount as GWS P-38 was not designed for modern brushless motors
Aug 15, 2018, 11:10 PM
Thank you that was what I was looking for. Couldn't I still use the gws brushless motor mounts with the stick..Looks like it would bolt right up.. But I may be wrong. Those are outrunners correct?
Last edited by Soonerdrone; Aug 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM.
Aug 16, 2018, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerdrone
Thank you that was what I was looking for. Couldn't I still use the gws brushless motor mounts with the stick..Looks like it would bolt right up.. But I may be wrong. Those are outrunners correct?
You might need to reinstall the motor shaft, use Allen's wrench to loosen the set screw and push the shaft out of the motor bell with a tool I don't know name of (perhaps nail punch). In the following video a vise was used, but I used a heavy duty clamp to hold the motor, then use a beaten up screwdriver and a hammer to push out the shaft.
The brushless outrunners are generally easy to reverse the motor shaft with some light tools. Make sure use loctite to secure the set screw. Here is one of the videos:
How to reverse the shaft on a NTM Propdrive brushless motor (8 min 30 sec)
Last edited by edwen303; Aug 16, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply