Jan 30, 2017, 06:55 PM
Trader Rating: 42
Thread OP
Discussion

What would you do?

I bought a Incidence meter off of a guy on here, Paid $20 + $7 shipping for it, He sent it to me first class to save money and when I got it, it was bent up. I don,t think he sent it like that, I think it was done in transit. I sent him a PM and I know he was on RCG for two hours, but no response. Now I,m out $27 Thanks for your input.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2017, 06:56 PM
Trader Rating: 679
Is the box damaged?
Jan 30, 2017, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130
Is the box damaged?
You can tell it got bent.
Jan 30, 2017, 06:59 PM
Trader Rating: 679
Hmmm..was it packed well?
Jan 30, 2017, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130
Hmmm..was it packed well?
No, Its not the way I would have packed it.
Jan 30, 2017, 08:07 PM
Trader Rating: 63
Was it insured?
Jan 30, 2017, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoflyjets
Was it insured?
Not with first class.
Jan 30, 2017, 08:14 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Suspended Account
file a claim.. ..if it was packed wrong ..
Jan 30, 2017, 08:37 PM
Trader Rating: 99
Man, I don't know. Gonna be hard to prove who is at fault. Did you notify seller as soon as you found damage? Unless he is willing to repair or rep[lace at his cost, I guess all that is left is file a PP claim or file with the USPS. And we know how that will get bogged down in red tape. I don't know that you will have much luck with the PO anyway. If not properly packed, the seller should be liable, but there again, who knows how long he might drag that out if he chooses. PP will probably be your best avenue of approach. Hope you don't get into a ""he said, I said" scenario. Hope he is a stand up guy. Time will time, but just remember, people are weird.
Jan 30, 2017, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
I,m not sure if it would have been packed any better if that would of done any good. It took alot to bend that, The PO had to through something real heavy on it. But how do you prove they did it. If the seller don,t come forward I guess Im out my cash. But from now on, I will not buy anything without insurance on it. I think I paid enough for shipping to get insurance. I paid $7, He paid $3.40. Sucks to be me.
Jan 30, 2017, 09:01 PM
Trader Rating: 63
I think it's up to the seller to package it to withstand a nuclear war. Remember the faster the USPS, FedEx and UPS get done with ther route the sooner they get home so most of them don't give a crap and just throw packages around. And im sure the drivers are over loaded.
Jan 30, 2017, 09:24 PM
Trader Rating: 181
AMA 72859
IMHO it is the seller's responsibility to make sure that your purchased item arrives as listed. If he didn't insure it, then he accepts responsibility and needs to make good on the deal.
Jan 30, 2017, 09:36 PM
Trader Rating: 324
-insert witty saying here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
IMHO it is the seller's responsibility to make sure that your purchased item arrives as listed. If he didn't insure it, then he accepts responsibility and needs to make good on the deal.
Exactly.

Insurance is on the seller and for the seller's protection. Paypal has your back. If he doesn't respond in 24hrs, initiate a claim.
Jan 30, 2017, 09:36 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Suspended Account
+1 on this.. how did you pay?..start your whatever claim..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
Jan 30, 2017, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdog69
+1 on this.. how did you pay?..start your whatever claim..
paid with PP . I,ll give him time to make it right. There was no reason not to insure it, I paid enough shipping.

Quick Reply