FMS F4U Corsair 1700mm MAIDEN - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by peterswolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 30, 2017, 01:13 PM
Cool

FMS F4U Corsair 1700mm MAIDEN

Sep 19, 2016

I finally got to maiden mine this morning. No winds at all, perfect morning for a maiden. She flew great! Mine is all stock with two exceptions, added a CC BEC Pro and an aluminum motor board replacement from Gary @ Custom RC Parts. Full flaps on landing looked magnificent!!! Very docile in the air. I didn't have much issues at all with take off, of course flying from pavement and had a long take off slowly applying power and keeping tail down as long as I could, she didn't even really pull to the left too bad at all, just a bit of right rudder and a nice scale take off. I used the 100mm CG and flew with an Admiral 6S 4500mah battery, and a 2S 1000mah powering the receiver and servos via the CC BEC Pro. I flew on low rates and throws were as per manual, except rudder which I gave myself a bit more throw. I only got one flight in due to time, but I'm still pretty happy with that.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2017, 05:52 PM
Awesome looking airplane. Love the color scheme. Would like to do a Corsair similar to this in the NAS Olathe scheme as I lived there for a couple of years as a kid.