Dynam A-10 Build Log - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by peterswolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 30, 2017, 12:41 PM
Registered User
peterswolf's Avatar
Build Log

Dynam A-10 Build Log


A good friend, Doug, gave this plane to me as he wasn't going to fly it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2017, 12:41 PM
Registered User
peterswolf's Avatar

Sep 5, 2015


It took me a few months to get to it, but finally time to start working on it.

Some early morning work on the A-10, almost done!
Jan 30, 2017, 12:43 PM
Registered User
peterswolf's Avatar

Sep 6, 2015


That was an easy build! All done! It weighs 36.5 oz and has a rough measurement of 31.6 oz of thrust. Not quite 1:1 but close enough to fly great! Should be a fun jet to fly.
Jan 30, 2017, 12:43 PM
Registered User
peterswolf's Avatar

Sep 9, 2015 MAIDEN FLIGHT REPORT


The A-10 made it into the sky today! Very nimble, had to add a little expo and lower the rates a bit to make her feel a little more scale, once I had her dialed in just a blast to fly! Two things I noticed after the flight, I need to put some reinforcement carbon in the fuse near the tail, weight of the motors is stressing the thin airframe. And second I'd like to put some shock absorbing struts on this one to smooth out the landings.
Jan 30, 2017, 12:44 PM
Registered User
peterswolf's Avatar

Sep 12, 2015


While waiting for glue to dry on my current project (Grob 120TP), I decided to do a couple of modifications to my recently flown A-10. First up was to replace the stock landing gear with shock absorbing struts to help smooth out the landings. I simply used a dremel to cut off the struts leaving about 10mm to attach the new struts to. Then using grub screws locked the new struts in place. I also used my dremel to make flat spots on the existing struts for the grub screws to sit against. It looks a lot better and the added weight is very little. Next, I took two strips of carbon fiber and place them in the fuse just ahead of the engine section. I used a knife to cut small trenches, put in some gorilla glue and then pushed the carbon fiber strips in. The picture below shows their placement. The middle line that intersects the strips was actually a gap that opened up if any pressure was on the tail section. Eventually I sure this would have given way and the tail may have separated completely from the rest of the plane. So now it should be much stronger. I covered the seams and the tops of the strips with foam safe CA as well.

Thread Tools