Sep 13, 2017, 07:24 AM
Got my G2's yesterday.
Ditched the stock antennas and put on a TBS cloverleaf and a pagoda antenna.

Then i turned on one of my quads (200mw) and walked the goggles around my house (bad weather outside).
When doing this with my old Eachine EV800 (non diversity) goggles i had almost no breakups no matter where i went. A bit of flickering, but all in all super stable video.
When walking the same path with my Goggles Two i had massive video breakups and snowy video as soon as i entered the next room.
Using another set of antennas didn't improve this at all.
Not sure yet what to think about this...

Will try setting my quad to "PAL" video instead of "Automatic" in Betaflight (because i read somewhere this might make a difference) and do another test later.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 04:20 AM
Something slightly different - we are just assembling our new underwater ROV which has a 1080P camera on it. The video signal will be coming up the tether rather than wireless like a drone, then into the laptop and then out a HDMI cable to the goggles - but we are unsure which goggles to get for this application - currently tossing between the Skyzone SJ-V01 and the Eachine Goggles Two. For this application what would everyone recommend? Needs to be 70+ degress FOV.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:30 PM
Got my G2 recently and didn't have a chance to test them until today. And I cant fly with them because the motion blur/refresh rate on the screen is so bad. My baseline is my Quanum V2s. With my quanums I can fly around objects and it feels like Im flying at 60fps and no noticeable latency, my G2s have a touch of noticeable latency, which is forgivable, but it feels like I'm flying with only 15-20fps, its bad enough I can't fly properly while using it, but I can swap back to my old goggles and everything is silky smooth. Did I get a bad set of goggles?
Last edited by CybrGuy; Nov 12, 2017 at 08:00 PM.
Nov 17, 2017, 05:23 PM

replicatable display problem with my Goggles Two

I recently got my pair of goggles two and have roughly figured out what is wrong, the display is not properly handling motion on the screen an easy way to demonstrate this was to play https://testufo.com/framerates#count...d=none&pps=960 in the goggles through an HDMI connection. The ufos in the test move left to right across the screen quickly at a fixed rate. On the goggles they have very uneven movement across the screen left to right. I recorded it at 60FPS using a gopro https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zg?usp=sharing
I also recorded the same test on a different screen and included it in the shared folder as a control so you can see the difference.

If someone else who has a set of these goggles could do the same test that would help with my troubleshooting efforts.
Nov 18, 2017, 12:26 PM

And now banggood won't back their product

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrGuy
I recently got my pair of goggles two and have roughly figured out what is wrong, the display is not properly handling motion on the screen an easy way to demonstrate this was to play https://testufo.com/framerates#count...d=none&pps=960 in the goggles through an HDMI connection. The ufos in the test move left to right across the screen quickly at a fixed rate. On the goggles they have very uneven movement across the screen left to right. I recorded it at 60FPS using a gopro https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zg?usp=sharing
I also recorded the same test on a different screen and included it in the shared folder as a control so you can see the difference.

If someone else who has a set of these goggles could do the same test that would help with my troubleshooting efforts.
Looks like Banggood recognized the problem, but they won't help because I waited for more than 3 days to submit a claim. So they are refusing to do anything other than give me 500 "banggood points" The goggles may work for low motion applications still, but not flying racing quads. If you buy a pair of these be sure to actually fly with them within 3 days of getting them to be sure you didn't get a bad set.

Dec update- They gave me a partial refund once I contested through paypal. Anyone want a set of "semi-working" goggles that don't do well with fast motion?
Last edited by CybrGuy; Dec 07, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
Jan 16, 2018, 08:13 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Just ordered a set of these with DVR last night. should be here... sometime this month I'm guessing?
Jan 16, 2018, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrGuy
Looks like Banggood recognized the problem, but they won't help because I waited for more than 3 days to submit a claim. So they are refusing to do anything other than give me 500 "banggood points" The goggles may work for low motion applications still, but not flying racing quads. If you buy a pair of these be sure to actually fly with them within 3 days of getting them to be sure you didn't get a bad set.

Dec update- They gave me a partial refund once I contested through paypal. Anyone want a set of "semi-working" goggles that don't do well with fast motion?
I only flew with these a bit in the fall before winter hit. I "thought" I noticed a few times that fast motion would appear choppy
Jan 27, 2018, 10:42 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Took delivery of the unit yesterday.

I'm quite impressed with these. Great screen, extremely immersive and the HDMI feature is a great addition. I just have to get used to wearing them on my head.
Feb 04, 2018, 03:13 PM
Hello,
I just got my goggles two and i tested them with HDMI.
In that case windows (and nvidia panel) tell me that native resolution is 1280*720.
It's not full HD 1920*1080.
If I use 1920*1080 i can see that the screen is flickering like an interlaced resolution.
See captures.
If the screen is really FullHD I don't see the point as the diversity RX is not FHD and the AV-in neither ?

Someone have got the screen reference ?

EDIT : although 720p is "native resolution" as windows says, if you force 1080p 60Hz it work with fullHD pixels present in the goggles.
Last edited by crazytiti; Feb 21, 2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: error
Apr 12, 2018, 01:06 PM
Is it possible to change the receiver in the googles? I want to replace it.
Apr 12, 2018, 06:57 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
You would have to dismantle the head unit and do a direct removal/resolder of the receiver in order to accomplish that.
Apr 13, 2018, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX232
Not bad. I would like to see a demonstration of the "snow screen" when losing signal.

Sometimes they just go to a snow screen that is the same exact thing as a black screen, but "fake" snow instead.

On Fatsharks you can see through the snow, and pick out some parts of the remaining signal. On most "snow screen" displays, it's just fake snow image and you cannot see anything through the snow.

This is the best video I have found that shows the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wTZSrXZFo
I like this
Apr 13, 2018, 07:03 AM
Everyone tested changing The receiver or replaced it with another one?

The reception seems to bit not that good like the Fatsharks...?!
May 26, 2018, 05:24 PM
msr,CB100,UFlyS,V120-V200D01
Will the Fatshark goggles 7.4v battery work with these?
May 27, 2018, 03:12 PM
There's no reason it didn't.
The original battery is two 18650 elements => 7.4V
Maybe the connector won't be the good one.

From google image it seems to be OK.
Better check the polarity with voltmeter before plug it in to be sure.

Also the fat shark is 1800mah, eachine is 2200 so better autonomy from the original one.
Last edited by crazytiti; May 27, 2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply