Mar 09, 2017, 11:56 PM
Kiowa Driver
My set of Eachine Goggles Two came defective from the manufacturer. It has an extremely distorted image when tuned to the correct frequency (i verified with my other goggles). I have sent Banggood a message, hoping to hear back soon. I have never returned anything to them, so not sure how their process goes. They are really light and seem like they would be good, but after this I'd prefer to go with something else.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2017, 06:39 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
What does the image look like? You might try changing the PAL/NTSC setting as if it's set to the wrong one for your camera, it will not display correctly.
Mar 11, 2017, 10:28 AM

DVR on Eachine Goggle Two

Does the installation of the DVR causes any video delays during flight and recording at the same time?
Mar 11, 2017, 04:29 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfuse
Does the installation of the DVR causes any video delays during flight and recording at the same time?
Only if you run the DVR inline where is passes the video signal through to the screen. If you tie the DVR video in to the out on the board there is no change in latency to the screen.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:49 AM
Ready to buy my first set of budget goggles. Looks like a lot of people really dont care for nose piece and some are saying they came damaged. I am in between these and the Quanum Cyclops v2.

Which one do you guys think is best. Anyone tried them both and prefer one over the other? Your help in this is greatly appreciated.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inteleric1983
My set of Eachine Goggles Two came defective from the manufacturer. It has an extremely distorted image when tuned to the correct frequency (i verified with my other goggles). I have sent Banggood a message, hoping to hear back soon. I have never returned anything to them, so not sure how their process goes. They are really light and seem like they would be good, but after this I'd prefer to go with something else.
BangGood support is kind of a mixed bag. They responded pretty quick to my first problem. It was untracked, and they still happily refunded me. Lately some untracked items never arrived, but again, they came to the party. It's been taking more effort though. Almost like you get 1 or 2 hassle free solutions and then you're on the shitlist.

With something at $140 (registered/tracked) you wont have problems with a refund/exchange. If you paid via PayPal and you're not getting a quick response, just politely remind them you'll have to contact them. I stopped being ignored pretty quick after that.

I wouldn't give up on the Goggles Two just cos of a lemon. They're well worth it.

Edit - Well, that was before BangGood upped them to $160..... did the same thing with the Wizard. Slowly upped the price more and more. Greed. Shame.
Last edited by Caerus; Mar 16, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Mar 21, 2017, 08:50 AM
Long life RC

battery

great review as always!
i would like to know which lipo battery i should use to charge the monitor when i am on the field?
not sure if a need a 2s or 3s or i can use both.
Mar 21, 2017, 08:53 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
2S lipos are what you want for this one.
Mar 21, 2017, 09:01 AM
Long life RC
that sucks about your goggles, did you get a replacment from bangood?
i have the ame problem with themwith my eachine lcd5802 monitor and i never got back soemthing that would help me.. they suck
try to buy from ebay and they always give you 30 days refaund
good luck
Mar 29, 2017, 07:10 PM
I've had some bad luck with these goggles.

I ordered them on Feb 3, the first set got lost in shipping. So they sent me a second set on March 11th. The second set just arrived in the mail. And they don't work out of the box. Black screen, and the scan button does nothing. Even when manually set to the correct frequency its black screen.

The HDMI in doesn't work either. Tried it on 3 separate sources with all three giving a blue screen with "no signal" text.

The av1 in works.

Still waiting on bang good to respond.

I'm still really hopeful about these. But also super disappointed with how the acquisition of them has gone.
Mar 29, 2017, 07:20 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Wow, you got a lemon for sure. Mine have been great, especially since I added the DVR.
Apr 04, 2017, 08:30 AM
i'll wait for dvr AND adjustable focus
Apr 17, 2017, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
Looks like a good deal, but the specs on Banggood are cagey about the screen's actual resolution.

"1920*1080p Highest resolution"

I bet it's a 1280 x 720 i.e. 720p panel, but can accept and scale 1920x1080 signals through HDMI.
Was anyone able to confirm this?

Also, what's the latency of the Eachine Goggles Two on both analog and HDMI?

Thanks
Apr 26, 2017, 07:36 AM

Display resolution & First Impressions

Hi,

Just received a set of these today, can confirm that the display native resolution is 1920x1080.
It is very bright and sharp!
The biggest let down though is the cheep fresnel lens which makles it almost impossible
to get pin point focus anywhere on the screen...
EDID data reports it as TV, model: 32v3h-h6a
This screen would be ideal for an oculas style side by side display, couple with some decent glass optics and
you would have a fantastic compact 3D capable headset.
I plan to do some serious hacking further down the track...

As a FPV headset it is pretty decent, though the menu/band selection is way too fiddely (just let us cycle all the frequencies without having to dig through the OSD to change bands!).
There is not much to be had with the higher resolution over my quanum cyclops goggles, all due to the limitations of the analog video bandwith.
Would be great to see the hardware opened up for modding , could really make it great!

Hope this info is useful to someone.
I spent ages googling about the display to no avail so just bit the bullet an ordered.
Will possibly do a tear down in then next week or so if time permits.

Cheers
-A
Apr 26, 2017, 07:55 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Let us know what you do with the hacks!

Quick Reply