Eachine Goggles Two Review

Check out this review of the latest FPV Goggles from Eachine. The Goggles Two offers many improvements over the first version...

Splash

Introduction

When you are looking to get into FPV and need to buy a set of video goggles, there are two types to choose from. The small FatShark style and the larger box style. There are pros and cons to both, but this review is to discuss the new Eachine Goggles Two. This is a box style set of goggles and an upgraded version to the Goggles One which I reviewed last year.

Specifications

• Size: 8" x 6.5" x 6.5"
  • Weight: 12oz
  • Screen: 5" 1920x1080P
  • Voltage: 7-13V
  • FOV: 78 degrees
  • Audio: headphones only
  • Receiver: Diversity 5.8Ghz 40 channel
  • AV Input: HDMI and Analog AV
  • Battery: 2S 2200mAh
  • Price: $139.99
  • Available at: Banggood

Thoughts

The first time I pulled the Goggles Two out of the box I thought there was problem. It felt like they sent me a unit that was missing the screen and electronics inside because it was just so light, but nope it was all in there. They are incredibly light and actually weigh just slightly more than a set of FatSharks, yet are much larger. The foam case feels nice and the graphics look good as well.

Here's what you get in the box:

• Goggles Two Headset
  • Omni and a Patch Antenna
  • 2S 2200mAH Lipo and Charger
  • Two sets of faceplate foam cushions
  • HDMI cable
  • Manual
  • AV Cables
  • Screen wipes

The changes they made to these from the original Goggles One make a world of difference for me. I think it looks better and it's much more comfortable to wear. I love the diversity receiver and the fact that they added an AV in so you can connect a ground station at an event or a different frequency receiver if needed. The other quality of life feature they added is an OSD function to the screen so you can see the battery voltage as well as the exact frequency you are tuned into. Being able to see the frequency and know you are on the correct channel is huge. The only thing I would like to see added would be a built-in DVR. The magnification screen is not adjustable, but it works perfect my 37 year old eyes, but may not work so well for older eyes.

Video

Conclusion

These are so close to my perfect headset. The Goggles Two are certainly my favorite box style set to date and I've tried nearly every one available. They are now my go to set for FPV flying. I love how they feel, the diversity receiver and the OSD. It all adds up to making my FPV life more enjoyable. For $140, you can't go wrong with the Eachine Goggles Two. It's an incredible value.

Pros

• Very comfortable and lightweight
  • 1080P Screen
  • OSD with battery voltage and frequency
  • Diversity Receiver
  • Includes good antennas
  • HDMI and AV Inputs
  • Price

Cons

• No DVR
  • Not very portable
  • Non-adjustable magnification

Jan 30, 2017, 06:22 PM
Keep Looking Up
Not bad. I would like to see a demonstration of the "snow screen" when losing signal.

Sometimes they just go to a snow screen that is the same exact thing as a black screen, but "fake" snow instead.

On Fatsharks you can see through the snow, and pick out some parts of the remaining signal. On most "snow screen" displays, it's just fake snow image and you cannot see anything through the snow.

This is the best video I have found that shows the difference.
Blue screen, black screen, no signal goggle comparison (6 min 55 sec)
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Radian XL 2.6m videos
Jan 30, 2017, 06:36 PM
fly by night
gee Eachine they're knocking it out of the park. Rangevideo falls behind this round. 1080p, HDMI in and diversity on 58ghz too $140usd. wow.

the blue screen/black screen becoming less of an issue as more switch to HD video, if it is an issue at all with analog
Jan 31, 2017, 08:45 AM
I own a set of HP's and love the built it speaker that receives audio from my quad. Do these also have a built in speaker, or must I use the headphone jack to an ear-bud?
Jan 31, 2017, 10:36 AM
RCG Staff
No speaker, you'd have to use headphones to hear the audio on these.
Jan 31, 2017, 11:36 AM
Need to find someone with glasses and try these out. I could be persuaded
Feb 01, 2017, 12:11 AM
Can you hide the osd?
Feb 01, 2017, 08:25 AM
RCG Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.Engineer View Post
Can you hide the osd?
No, but it doesn't cover much of the screen.
Feb 01, 2017, 09:32 AM
Jason, can you measure the hdmi lag?
Feb 01, 2017, 11:39 AM
RCG Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1freeflyer View Post
Jason, can you measure the hdmi lag?
Just went to go do that and couldn't find an mini to mini HDMI cable so I won't be able to do that until I can find or get the correct cable.
Feb 01, 2017, 11:24 PM
I have one on the way. Can I add eachine prodvr module to this to use DVR feature?
Feb 02, 2017, 07:25 AM
RCG Staff
Let me know if you figure that out. I'd like to see it.
Feb 05, 2017, 03:41 PM
Upstanding Member
Looks like a good deal, but the specs on Banggood are cagey about the screen's actual resolution.

"1920*1080p Highest resolution"

I bet it's a 1280 x 720 i.e. 720p panel, but can accept and scale 1920x1080 signals through HDMI.
Feb 07, 2017, 10:05 AM
RCG Staff
I'm working on adding the Eachine DVR unit to these and will be posting an article on it next week. Fun stuff!
Feb 07, 2017, 06:22 PM

adding DVR would make them THE best goggles on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
I'm working on adding the Eachine DVR unit to these and will be posting an article on it next week. Fun stuff!
That'll be so awesome if someone experienced like you could have a look on the inside of the goggles and tell us if adding a DVR would be possible. If you have any success I guess not only I would be very pleased to see a step-by-step-tutorial of you connecting a DVR to the inside/outside of the goggles.
Thanks for your efforts in advance. I am already looking forward to hearing from you!