TB
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2017, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I work on Jets
Ooooh,, I need to get one of those.
I need L.G too.
Feb 07, 2017, 09:35 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
I just filed Saturday unfortunately I'll use it all to pay off my temporary second mortgage (Lowe's and Home Depot).
Feb 08, 2017, 01:01 PM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
Sierra gear is on order, wing kit is on order, I am prepping my build space and getting the parts I need to do my tail wheel. I'm not building one from scratch but simply modifying the rodart tail assembly. I will make the "A" arm longer and a little more scale looking, and adding a longer offset leg for the 2-1/2" wheel. Otherwise it will mount and operat the same.
Fowler flap system is in prototype production, aileron and elevator hinges are in production!

(Chomping at the bit)

TB
Feb 11, 2017, 02:10 AM
Schrambo

bonanza

Hi! I just got this yesterday. Very excited. Came with full Robart air retracts. It needs a lot of work. One of the old guys at the club built this kit and never flew it. Been sitting around for years and the paint has lifted/ cracked. Will take a lot of work. Went to auto paint shop and they custom made matching paint for $100! planning to put a Golden Knight 1.20. Seems to be a good fit?
Feb 11, 2017, 02:16 AM
Schrambo
Just noticed this is a P47 build. Sorry about that.
I do love P47s!! I'll stay posted.
Feb 11, 2017, 06:17 AM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
The EME 120 is another engine choice. I had one in my 40% cub and it flew great, very reliable and strong. Typically twins are to wide and won't fit but you can get plug conversion to the ME8 plug and cap. This can shave as much as 3/8" per side for a total of 5/8". Expansion of the cowl would be needed and can be easily done.

TB
Feb 11, 2017, 07:15 PM
I just got the plans from Meister P47 1/5 . I was going to scratch build it. Rethinking that..
Probably buy the wood kit now.
I have a NIB DLA 112cc motor. Has to be mounted on a angle to fit in the cowl.
Was looking at the Evolution 160cc too, but someone said it would not fit in the cowl?
Feb 13, 2017, 05:37 PM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
Chomp...chomp...chomp...

TB
Feb 14, 2017, 09:09 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
It's a bare naked work bench! How obscene! Oh the agony it must be causing!

Schrambo, that's a really nice find! The Robart Bonanza retracts cost about $400 without the air kit!
Feb 14, 2017, 09:31 AM
Tom I didn't know that about the eme. U think that would work with dle
Feb 15, 2017, 08:00 AM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
I think the reduced plug works on any engine that uses a CM6 plug!

TB
Feb 15, 2017, 08:03 AM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinokc
It's a bare naked work bench! How obscene! Oh the agony it must be causing!
Yes the agony, I will be messing it up just so I don't have to look at it so naked and bare.

TB
Feb 23, 2017, 08:00 AM
Sports scale builder
Thread OP
So while waiting on the big brown box I have been thinking about setup options. Currently I have the DX18 so I will start with that. With the AR12120 12ch and the expansion module I can get 18ch...I think? Next is to dole out the channels. I like to use individual channels unless I have to put them on a Y, I don't like that. A smart fly board would be preferred over Y harnesses but not sure how I could get more then 12ch.

So fare servos are looking like this:
(2ch) 2- ailerons (possible Y)
(2ch) 2- flaps
(1ch) 1-elevator (not doing slit elevator this time)
(1ch) 1- rudder (possible match box)
(1ch) 1-sterring (possible Match box)
(1ch) 1- throttle
(1ch) 1-choke
(1ch) 1- gear
(1ch) 1-canopy (liner servo)
(1ch) 1- cowl flaps (or match box mix with throttle)
(1ch) 2- inner cooler doors (match box mixed...) (liner servos)
(1ch) optical engine kill
(1ch) 2- breaks (possible match box mix)
1- landing light (match box mix)
(1ch) Gyro

That is a total of 17 servos and 16 channels and I could get 3 more. I don't know much about the expansion module but experience tells me I may only get a max of 16 fully adjustable channels.

Other options are upgrading to the new DX20

Demon Cortex

Batteries will be fromeco Lilos or A123 life bats.

At a minimum a smart fly reg to drop the voltage if I use Lilos.

Got to keep busy

TB
Last edited by Tonybuilder; Feb 23, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:09 AM
I have a full 18 channels on my B-17, with a AR9020 and the expansion module. Auxiliary and animation are in the expansion on its own battery. I had to put the brakes on the expansion cause the receiver ran out of room. I forget which channels you sacrifice since you effectively have 20 channels. I saw a thread on that somewhere quite awhile back. The quick answer is to ask Andy Kunz.
Edwin

Quick Reply