Jun 23, 2017, 06:32 PM
Wandering IT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Search for Joanne sound pack, it's really nice and quite extensive.
Thanks for the answer! I found it and have done the upgrade.

I also just installed a 6 position switch. Am having issues calibrating it. It doesn't seem to want to output a range of signal levels in the radio output pages and in the calibration I'm only seeing maybe 3 position changes at best.

I've tried calibrating it with it starting in the the far clockwise and counter clockwise positions as well as in position 3 and position 4.

Is this a known issue in 2.2.0 or do I have a bad 6 position switch or...?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2017, 08:36 PM
Jenny (Pinkywafer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Search for Joanne sound pack, it's really nice and quite extensive.
Thanks for that! Glad you like it!

We'll probably be doing the update over this weekend and adding additional items requested. If anyone wants any more announcements, you can request them in the forum https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...undpack-Joanne
Jenny
Jun 24, 2017, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=ronin4740;37781924]Thanks for the answer! I found it and have done the upgrade.

I also just installed a 6 position switch. Am having issues calibrating it. It doesn't seem to want to output a range of signal levels in the radio output pages and in the calibration I'm only seeing maybe 3 position changes at best.

I've tried calibrating it with it starting in the the far clockwise and counter clockwise positions as well as in position 3 and position 4.

Is this a known issue in 2.2.0 or do I have a bad 6 position switch or...?[

How to calibrate a six position switch:-
How To: Calibration of FrSky Taranis X9D Plus with S3 6 position switch (3 min 46 sec)

Tom
Jun 24, 2017, 02:29 AM
Have you set it as a 6 position switch in RADIO SETUP/HARDWARE?
Jun 24, 2017, 03:57 AM
Hawk Engineer

Jeti Grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Paul you ever get an Explorer RF grab of Jeti!?
Hi IntheTubeDeep

WOW great memory.

No I didn't, however I'm at a model meet at the end of this month and a friend has got a new Jeti set so I'm hoping to do it then.

Jeti's tend to be used by glider guiders in my neck of the woods so this is the first chance I'll have had cause I take all my sampling gear, a Laptop and loads of electronic stuff to this meet every year cause I always end up updating loads of things while I'm there.

Will post it when I have it.

Again, great memory, LOL.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
Jun 24, 2017, 07:04 AM
RCdiy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
Or even better help us to improve the official OpenTX documentation instead of having yet another decentralised points that gets outdated.
Some of us have started to help with documentation. It is slow process relying on volunteers reaching consensus.

https://github.com/opentx/opentx-tar...nual/issues/24
Jun 24, 2017, 08:53 AM
Wandering IT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly

How to calibrate a six position switch:-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQUlDd8JAc

Tom
Tom - I've tried following the steps in this video. The 2.1.9 and 2.2.0 firmware don't show the number below the bar graph, just a position. If I start with it to the far counter clockwise position and calibrate more often than not I end up with it in two positions - 100 and -99 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Have you set it as a 6 position switch in RADIO SETUP/HARDWARE?
Yes. And pot and pot with detent. It actually almost works right with it set in Pot.

I've also tried going back to 2.1.9 and I had it calibrated correctly once. I then upgraded to 2.2.0 again, the calibration was lost and I've yet to get it to calibrate properly again.

I'm leaning towards it being a bad switch and have ordered another one so I can eliminate the possibility of it being faulty hardware.

...If someone that has one can confirm that it's not supposed to show 1 - 6 when calibrating it in the 2.2 firmware I'd appreciate it.
Jun 24, 2017, 09:10 AM
I have a X9D with the switch on S2. Just shows S2 under the graphic when calibrating. The switch calibrates with the same values as with previous firmware versions.
Jun 24, 2017, 10:43 AM
KI7CBF
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
Some of us have started to help with documentation. It is slow process relying on volunteers reaching consensus.

https://github.com/opentx/opentx-tar...nual/issues/24
And that's what I'd call "Doing God's Work!"

Getting THE current correct solution for FrSky/OpenTx/Taranis/Horus problems seems next to impossible sometimes; there are just way too many sources of (often conflicting) information. If you don't know who the right people are to trust with answers you're toast.
Jun 24, 2017, 11:52 AM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk
And that's what I'd call "Doing God's Work!"

Getting THE current correct solution for FrSky/OpenTx/Taranis/Horus problems seems next to impossible sometimes; there are just way too many sources of (often conflicting) information. If you don't know who the right people are to trust with answers you're toast.
The major problem is that OpenTX changes so fast. By the time the documentation is done OpenTX a new version of OpenTX is released and the documentation needs to be changed. People loose the drive to redo what took so long to do in the first place, so the documentation stagnates. Want THE current documentation, then check the date it as last updated against the date your firmware was released. There are thousands of people looking for the answers to their questions, and they have 1.x, 2.0, 2.1, and now 2.2 firmware. There is no one correct solution for all of them. Heck, 2.0 and 2.1 had so many changes that the early documentation for those releases needed major changes by the time the release was mature.

As to who do you trust. It isn't a matter of trust. Most of the documentation and videos are accurate for the particular release of OpenTX current a the moment the documentation was created. A little due diligence on your part will get you the answers assuming you are using a mature version of OpenTX. If you are an early adopter of the next "best thing", then these forums are your best bet.
Jun 24, 2017, 01:19 PM
IMO it's not time to upgrade your version until you need a new feature or they fixed a problem that was bugging you. That goes for computer and phone OS as well. I am going to stick with 2.1 on my Taranis for now.

Documentation is always a problem. For the most part, folks don't like doing it and really don't like maintaining it.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veri-Gash
Hi IntheTubeDeep

WOW great memory.

No I didn't, however I'm at a model meet at the end of this month and a friend has got a new Jeti set so I'm hoping to do it then.

Jeti's tend to be used by glider guiders in my neck of the woods so this is the first chance I'll have had cause I take all my sampling gear, a Laptop and loads of electronic stuff to this meet every year cause I always end up updating loads of things while I'm there.

Will post it when I have it.

Again, great memory, LOL.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
yeah Paul I don't forget hope you get it soon!
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Jun 25, 2017 at 01:47 AM.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:53 AM
Closed Account
That looks like Swamis in your avatar. In another life (college years) I lived in SD and surfed North County.
Jun 25, 2017, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB
That looks like Swamis in your avatar. In another life (college years) I lived in SD and surfed North County.
Nope that was NorthSide of the Pier at Scripps Pretty much surfed Pier and Blacks that was it. Oh also 15th Street and 24th street Del Mar!
Jun 25, 2017, 10:14 AM
Closed Account
Yeah Blacks, powerful wave, gotta be quick on that one or get pitched, can get pretty hollow there. I actually liked Mission a lot, pretty much a longboard zoo though, still slow waves are fun in their way. Grew up in Palos Verdes, learned to surf there, has some epic breaks, Lunada Bay, Indicator at Bluff Cove, Haggerty's. Brings back memories, used to surf avidly but interests change.

Quick Reply