Sep 12, 2019, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by putimir
Hey all, 2.3RC1 is out, I have installed RC1 companion over the existing N80, but now I can't download the firmware, as it gives me "compilation error"...
I do have a correct profile set-up ...

Any clues? Thanks
I had the same thing happen until I unchecked lua in the setup screen.
Give it a try?
The release notes list luac included in all builds by default but checking the lua box caused compilation error?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2019, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingclint
ok,
I have a hard one for all the Gurus out there! I have been using Taranis for two years now and know a lot about it and how to program on it, but this one has me stumped!
I am flying a plane with flaps that also act as ailerons. It's the Legacy Aviation 84" Turbo Bushmaster. I have the normal flying mode where flaps are coupled to the ailerons for higher 3D rate flying. I flip my SB switch to mid position and the flaps stop acting like ailerons and go down to flap position. This is all well and good, but I also have a separate setting for Rate/Expo that is assigned to the SD switch that I want to happen when i am flying with flaps for the landing phase. Also during this landing phase, I have a different throttle setting, also on a different switch SA. So my question is, I would like to keep my high/Low rates on the SD switch, so that I can switch those anytime I want in ANY phase of flight and also keep my throttle setting on SA, so I can also switch that during any phase of flight, but when I flip the SB switch to activate flaps, I want that switch to take over from SA and SD and change both of those settings to be the settings I want during the landing phase. This way, i am only flipping one switch to go in and out of the landing or taking off phase of flight and not having to switch and remember three different switch settings in order to make these changes. SO, my question is, how would you set this up to make those changes occur how I am wanting? I have tried SO MANY different things to make this happen and can't seem to figure it out. PLEASE HELP ME figure this one out!

Thanks!

-Clint
Can you post your OTX file?
Sep 13, 2019, 01:13 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by putimir
Hey all, 2.3RC1 is out, I have installed RC1 companion over the existing N80, but now I can't download the firmware, as it gives me "compilation error"...
I do have a correct profile set-up ...

Any clues? Thanks
Not without you supplying what your profile is set up to.
Sep 14, 2019, 05:34 PM
currently having the same "compilation error". Name: Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 6.31.29 PM.png
Views: 11
Size: 23.3 KB
Description:
Only way I found to "solve it" is to check all options, or to uncheck "lua"Name: Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 6.31.44 PM.png
Views: 13
Size: 22.1 KB
Description:
Last edited by Toiffel; Sep 14, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel
currently having the same "compilation error". Attachment 12550943
Only way I found to "solve it" is to check all options, or to uncheck "lua"Attachment 12550945
Try using the newest version 2.3.0RC3 - as it was released earlier today.
Now I have no problem compiling firmware with noheli and lua both checked.

Rich
Sep 14, 2019, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Try using the newest version 2.3.0RC3 - as it was released earlier today.
Now I have no problem compiling firmware with noheli and lua both checked.

Rich
Tried same problem....
Sep 15, 2019, 01:56 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Should be OK now
Sep 17, 2019, 08:04 AM

Trainer input question

I am setting up a wireless head tracker to actually control throttle and rudder on a rover (enabled by a switch on the TX so its active only when I want it to be).....is there any way to detect if the PPM stream coming into the trainer port is valid and/or take action if it is not? this is a failsafe scenario I want to accomodate if I am some distance from the TX and a failure occurs.....
Sep 17, 2019, 08:18 AM
Happy FPV flyer
That's automatic, if no valid input is there all mixes using the trainer sources get disabled.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 AM
Regexistentialist

Default failsafe mode for X-series RXs?

Assuming one sets the failsafe mode for a new model on an X9DP-SE running OTX 2.2.x to be "RECEIVER", but then (stupidly) does not actually set the FS on that receiver by pressing the button on the RX (e.g. an X6R)...

What is the default failsafe mode for an X6R? Hold? No pulses?
Sep 17, 2019, 12:12 PM
I just slapped OpenTX 2.3.0-RC4 on my Taranis Q X7 with an iRangeX 4-in-1 multimodule. When the receiver connects, OpenTX immediately tells me that "RF signal critical" (before the signal value pops in from telemetry). It didn't do this on 2.2.x and watching the model telemetry page, it takes a second before the RSNR pops in and the signal is updated (which I think is normal).

I'm trying to nail this down, but I don't have any FrSky receivers to test with. Do all receivers do this now, or is this strictly Multiprotocol, or strictly MultiProtocol+AFHDS 2A?

Argh. I'm not sure what's changed internally, but it seems that now when the receiver connects I immediately get A1 and TRSS on the TX side, which triggers opentx to assume that TELEMETRY_STREAMING, but there's on RSSI sent from the RX until a second later so until that happens opentx assumes the RSSI is 0.
Last edited by CapnBry; Sep 17, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
That's automatic, if no valid input is there all mixes using the trainer sources get disabled.
I was hoping there was a way I could detect that and vary yet another output.....this will be for a steering/throttle system driven from the goggle's head-tracker.....would like to not only ignore TRx TRy inputs if invalid or not present, but also force a mode change on the craft (ie a failsafe mode) via another TX output in that case....
Sep 18, 2019, 09:46 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Well just set up a free channel with a line like -100% MAX, and a 2nd line with REPLACE 0% TRx.
If the signal is valid the TRx input is valid and will give 0% on the channel, if it isn't it'll be deactivated and the channel will flip to -100%.
Sep 19, 2019, 01:15 PM
Destroyer Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBry
I just slapped OpenTX 2.3.0-RC4 on my Taranis Q X7 with an iRangeX 4-in-1 multimodule. When the receiver connects, OpenTX immediately tells me that "RF signal critical" (before the signal value pops in from telemetry). It didn't do this on 2.2.x and watching the model telemetry page, it takes a second before the RSNR pops in and the signal is updated (which I think is normal).

I'm trying to nail this down, but I don't have any FrSky receivers to test with. Do all receivers do this now, or is this strictly Multiprotocol, or strictly MultiProtocol+AFHDS 2A?

Argh. I'm not sure what's changed internally, but it seems that now when the receiver connects I immediately get A1 and TRSS on the TX side, which triggers opentx to assume that TELEMETRY_STREAMING, but there's on RSSI sent from the RX until a second later so until that happens opentx assumes the RSSI is 0.
Definitely curious about this too - although my older 2.1 build was basically constantly telling me 'RF Low' on the exact same setup while I'm flying. I just deleted that .mp3 file, and drove on, hopefully this plays nicer.
Sep 19, 2019, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehllamaFPV
Definitely curious about this too - although my older 2.1 build was basically constantly telling me 'RF Low' on the exact same setup while I'm flying. I just deleted that .mp3 file, and drove on, hopefully this plays nicer.
Did you set your thresholds lower? FlySky "RSSI" (actually SNR) only goes 0-40 instead of 0-100 so the FrSky defaults are way too high. I fly with 18 for warning and 15 for critical. On models that GPS-based return to home that I'm confident in the failsafe, I've gone down to 15 and 12. That's really pushing it because it usually failsafes around 9 or 10. The opentx 2.3.0 nightly just changed the FlySky range so now it is 20-60 so it seems like you've got more signal, but it is still the same actual signal.

Pascal (who wrote the Multiprotocol module code) has a branch in the works that reworks all AFHDS-2A telemetry and uses the RQly (frame loss percent) instead so it goes 0-100 (failsafe around 30) so that better matches FrSky and the opentx defaults. I don't think that's going into 2.3.0 though. It is pretty sweet because the signal meter on the main opentx display now has bars, which I am entirely not used to seeing and still tickled by their presence instead of maxing out at 2 bars.

EDIT: The race condition was also fixed in today's nightly so I don't get the "RF signal critical" on receiver power up every time too! Or maybe it isn't in the nightly yet, but it is in github (2.3.0 branch instead of 2.3) so it's just a matter of time.

Quick Reply