OpenTx 2.2 - Page 51 - RC Groups
Jun 13, 2017, 10:09 AM
Submarines, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
Yes or me or post here and I'll try and get to it.
Ideally open an issue as kilrah provided the link.
https://github.com/opentx/opentx.github.io/issues
This way we can track and prioritize.
thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2017, 11:21 AM
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
Amber is a real person. She and her husband made all the sounds in the original Amber sound files in a recording studio, and are willing to do it once more. The sounds would be 100% Amber.
And that would be awesome !
Jun 15, 2017, 04:48 AM
To use the taranis on my sim do i tick the mass storage box or leave it unticked,many thank's,Marty.
Jun 15, 2017, 06:40 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
unticked.
Jun 15, 2017, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
unticked.
Thank you Pat
Jun 15, 2017, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON
To use the taranis on my sim do i tick the mass storage box or leave it unticked,many thank's,Marty.
Actually it depends on the sim interface you need.

Assuming you need the Windows USB Joystick feature for your sim, you must leave both "Mass Storage" and "CLI" unchecked. All three options use the USB port exclusively so you can only have one of them. It would be better if the three options were presented with a mutually exclusive radio button making it obvious you can only choose one.

If your sim uses the PPM trainer output via a dongle and you have no used for the Windows USB Joystick feature then you can chose to have either the Mass Storage or CLI instead.

Mass Storage is useful for making immediate updates to the models on the tx since you don't have to be in OpenTX Bootloader mode. I am unclear on the usefulness of CLI (command line interface) since I have not tracked down any documentation on it.
Jun 15, 2017, 02:14 PM
I also wonder what CLI is for and how to use CLI.
Hopefully, some one will enlighten us.
Jun 15, 2017, 02:29 PM
rocket horse and jet chicken
I was thinking there's a caveat there, Real Flight and Pheonix use the trainer port. On mine I have mass storage enabled and use Phoenix. Otherwise I can't access the SD card from the USB port. That's kind of imperative since I don't have a device than can access those micro-SD cards.
Jun 15, 2017, 02:48 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB
... On mine I have mass storage enabled and use Phoenix. Otherwise I can't access the SD card from the USB port. That's kind of imperative since I don't have a device than can access those micro-SD cards.
No need to pull the SD card, either way. With mass storage unchecked one can access the SD card by turning TX in bootloader mode (hold rudder and aileron trim switches to center of TX before and during start of TX) - then plugging in USB cable.
Jun 15, 2017, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB
I was thinking there's a caveat there, Real Flight and Pheonix use the trainer port. On mine I have mass storage enabled and use Phoenix. Otherwise I can't access the SD card from the USB port. That's kind of imperative since I don't have a device than can access those micro-SD cards.
You can always use OpenTX Bootloader mode to access the SD card. The CLI/MassStorage/Joystick choice is only for when not in OpenTX Bootloader mode.

FYI- You enter OpenTX Bootloader by pinching the two horizontal trims towards each other and powering on the TX. Then you can connect the TX to your PC via the USB cable and it should show up as two drives TARANIS and Removeable Drive.

Note that there are problems with the original FrSky shipped v2.1.6 bootloader on the X9D+ which can cause problems with the SD card. It is not clear if FrSky are now shipping the fixed version. If you still have a 2.1.6 version of the bootloader, upgrade the bootloader to 2.1.9 or 2.2.0 as appropriate for your current OpenTX version before using the bootloader mode to access the SD card.
Jun 17, 2017, 03:35 AM
rocket horse and jet chicken
That's good to know, I thought that mass storage had to be enabled for any access to the SD card. Not an issue though, I don't have a need for joystick mode and I have no idea what CLI is for.
Jun 17, 2017, 04:37 AM
CLI is useful for debugging lua scripts.
Jun 17, 2017, 04:49 AM
melbourne-multirotor
Hi all how would one add flaprons using rear slider on a Horus i dont have any switch left
Jun 17, 2017, 08:55 AM
Dude, how are you using all of the switched on the horus?
Jun 17, 2017, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
Hi all how would one add flaprons using rear slider on a Horus i dont have any switch left
Define logical swiches from the slider and use those switches