OpenTx 2.2.1 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 08, 2017, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenS
I've downloaded & installed Companion 2.2 (N362) on 3 PCs. On 2 of them when i start a "new" file. The file comes up empty with no model "slots" showing.
That is normal unless you open an existing one. You are creating a new .otx file that is a container for all your models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenS
I cannot save any models or changes to a model i start on either of these PCs. The 3rd PC When I added a "new" filea wizard appeared which showed the all the model selections I made std choices and saved. It appears in first model slot. I can open it but cannot save any changes I make to it. I have not found how to create a new model or save changes to the original. I was following Scott's video but it doesn't work for me. Help!

AllenS
You should be able to create a new model in the .otx by double clicking an empty model slot or by right clicking and selecting from the drop down menu.

You can "save as" the new .otx with all the models in it. You don't normally save an individual model in Companion. You can do that on the radio if you want a back up a specific model there.

However really you want to retrieve all the models from your radio in one .otx file and edit that .otx (formerly .eepe) in Companion since that will contain the calibration data from your radio. You can then write it back to the radio updating all the models you have edited.

You will also probably want to keep a separate backup.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2017, 11:25 AM
RCdiy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressalltheknobs
Couple of corrections...

BlackSheep Crossfire is not new for 2.2. That has been in 2.1 for some time.
Chatted with developers... protocol new, rewrite, support for telemetry...
So maybe this is more helpful?
Support for Team Black Sheep Crossfire telemetry and updated protocols
Feb 08, 2017, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
Chatted with developers... protocol new, rewrite, support for telemetry...
So maybe this is more helpful?
Support for Team Black Sheep Crossfire telemetry and updated protocols
sounds good.
Feb 08, 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative0100
Re organised the 2.1 amber system sounds and included some of my own for the ones that are missing using Ivona voices. Done for the Taranis x9d+

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fr3mir...tem_sounds.zip

I also did a complete system one using Salli from Ivona

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8mu6a...pack_salli.rar
Beside the misspelled "celcius1.wav" (should be celsius1.wav) there are no differences between the set that has been published for a few months.
Feb 08, 2017, 11:09 PM
Flt 76..N.bound..feet dry

Me and companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Those videos are very old and version 2.0 I believe. That said.
I don't understand what you're doing to have these results. Any chance you can do a quick and dirty video that we could view to see if we see what's going on. Just start with the computer that IS working with the wizard if you want.

I mean -- I read your words .. but I can't comprehend how you can't save the changes. Do you mean save to the TX or save to the computer?
Scott
Sorry for the bad description. As an experiment I was trying to generate and save models to my PC. I never thought to click on the empty field to create a new category, model wizard & models (Thank You, pressalltheknobs). At least I’m learning to navigate the interface. I still have some things I find weird.
1. If I change the year under system it reverts to 2009 when I reopen the .otx doc
2. If I have a countdown timer and I set up the widget so it appears in the “home page” it’s a count up timer and if I close out the .otx doc it’s not saved, when I reopen it.

Afraid I have a steep learning curve ahead AllenS
Feb 09, 2017, 02:44 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
Not intended to be an exhaustive list of changes, but I've written up my experiences converting a setup from 2.1 to 2.2:

Preparing your setups for OpenTx 2.2
Hi, at your blog I read this:
Quote:
Shorter filenames
Filenames of sound and script files are limited to 6 characters + extension.
Are you sure about that? In the sound pack for 2.2 I find files with names as "percent0.wav".
Feb 09, 2017, 02:50 PM
Happy FPV flyer
System files are exempt, it's "only" for user sounds that need to be referenced in special functions.
Feb 10, 2017, 07:33 AM

Updating to 2.2?

Hi Guy's,
Ive got a few questions. Im updating to use a new lua script that needs 2.2. When i install the firmware will I have to tic the lua scripts option? Im not sure what that even does?

For my models if I open up my backup .eepe file will it convert it and then i can write it to my radio?

I intend to just wipe and reformat my sd card, and then copy in the new file system. Is this correct?

Thanks
Feb 10, 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan1
Hi Guy's,
Ive got a few questions. Im updating to use a new lua script that needs 2.2. When i install the firmware will I have to tic the lua scripts option? Im not sure what that even does?

For my models if I open up my backup .eepe file will it convert it and then i can write it to my radio?

I intend to just wipe and reformat my sd card, and then copy in the new file system. Is this correct?

Thanks
Yes you will need the "lua" option checked before you download the firmware from the OpenTX site if you want to run lua scripts. The
"luac" lua compiler option is not required (as far as I know).

The purpose of the check boxes is to select which options you want to exclude or include in the firmware. When you "Download" the firmware you are asking the OpenTX website to build a copy of the firmware with the options you select and send it to you to store locally. Once you have it stored locally you can flash you transmitter with it to get that customized OpenTX configuration on your TX.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the correct RadioType selected in the current profile before you Download the firmware.

Before you upgrade between 2.X releases you should backup the firmware, models and setting and the SD card from your radio and put the copies in a safe place so they cannot get overwritten...marking them as read only is wise also. This will allow you to return to that state should you need to. If you do not do this it will be effectively impossible to return to the same state you had before.

When you re-flash the firmware and power up the radio it will convert the content of the eeprom memory in the radio to the new format for the new version you flash. It only knows how to convert from older lower number versions to newer higher number versions.

You do not need to use Zadig/power off method to flash the firmware, if you have a Taranis X9D that has been re-flashed to OpenTX 2.0 or later or a Taranis X9D+ which shipped with 2.0 or 2.1. The OpenTX Bootloader included since OpenTX 2.0 replaces the need for Zadig for most cases an allows you to flash with the power on. However you will need to update the OpenTX Bootloader as a separate step since it cannot update itself.

You will need the latest 2.2 SD card structure. You don't necessarily need to wipe the card but you will need to move all the existing top level folders to a backup folder and copy the new 2.2 folders to the root folder of your card. You can delete the back up folder later once you have copied it off the card. Backup and wipe the card if you are not comfortable moving folders around. Using the OpenTX Bootloaderyou can modify the card as a removable drive.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to Safely Eject the USB drive before disconnecting the TX USB cable from your PC
Feb 10, 2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks pressalltheknobs for that write up Very helpful
Feb 10, 2017, 02:12 PM
Happy FPV flyer
The lua option is not needed unless you need mixer scripts (that you select on the "Custom scripts" page).
Feb 10, 2017, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The lua option is not needed unless you need mixer scripts (that you select on the "Custom scripts" page).
So not needed for other scripts? Is that a change? I thought it was needed for the Model Wizard...at least in releases prior to 2.2.

I'm a confused on the status of the Model Wizard in 2.2 since it is not on the provided RC10 SD card image.

Btw the Companion mouse over says... "Support for Lua model scripts" for the lua option and "Enable Lua Compiler" for the luac option.

Also see this link for 2.1

https://opentx.gitbooks.io/opentx-lu...g_started.html

which says that the lua check box is required to use lua.....all a bit confusing if if is not required in 2.2.
Last edited by pressalltheknobs; Feb 10, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
Feb 10, 2017, 03:28 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Nope, never been needed for one-time and telemetry scripts. Only mixer scripts.

That part of the doc was apparently written by a user who didn't know better. Corrected now.
Last edited by Kilrah; Feb 10, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
Feb 10, 2017, 04:17 PM
OK. Thanks for clarifying that. The Companion lua mouseover should probably also be updated to say ...

"Support for lua mixer scripts" or maybe "Additional lua support for mixer scripts"

or something along those lines. The current "Support for Lua model scripts" while technically true is ambiguous and misleading.
Feb 10, 2017, 04:27 PM
Happy FPV flyer
We still don't have a clear consensus on naming of mixer scripts, they're also called "Model scripts" in several places...