OpenTx 2.2.1 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Feb 03, 2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird2800
Any change a corrupt model file could cause the Horus to lock out a receiver and not reconnect even though the receiver is powered up. I posted in the Horus Opentx thread but I'm looking for any help I can get. Running N362 and updated SD card files.
Receiver is controlled by the IXJT module and if the IXJT is disturbed from OpenTX it could happen. I doubt OpenTX could have this effect though....
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2017, 09:49 AM
Not trying to cross post, I just want to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Here is the post from Horus opentx thread. I have updated to the later FrSky software but I did that several weeks ago with no issues.

Yesterday I was taxi testing a Freewing Mig21 with S6R receiver and latest S6R firmware. Horus has N362 with updated SD Files. After about 1 to 2 minutes, and usually after a full throttle burst the receiver would lock out. The radio would call telemetry lost. After pulling canopy the brightest light was doing a slow blink, sorry don't know color since I'm color blind. Even though power was on clearly on the receiver the radio would not reconnect. After cycling power the receiver would connect as usual and work properly until 1-2 minutes had passed and it would lock out again. I switched out a X6R receiver from another plane that I had flown about 10 minutes before and it did the same thing. Lowest telemetry for voltage was 5.2 and lowest RSSI was 72.

Had a Tiny Whoop quad that locked out when I was flying it right after I had updated FW but it was after a crash. So I cycled power and flew 5 more flights with out issue so didn't think about it again.

I'm assuming no one else has experienced this issue. Will admit that when updating I had trouble loading models which was user error. Did ultimately get the models reloaded and they all seemed to work with out issue and worked without rebinding. Thinking that I was possible that I somehow corrupted the model files I reloaded n362 FW, reloaded the SD Card files and manually created all new model files in the radio. Have not tested yet but hope to this evening or tomorrow.

So one odd thing I noticed this time is that after reloading n362 FW and the SD Card files when I first turned on the radio I got a message that said something like "Bad SD Data" it then says something that indicated it is correcting it and then radio works like normal. If turned off and back on it works exactly like it should. Is this normal?

I would add that I have 150 plus flights on the first OpenTx FW without any issues what so ever. What stinks is that I was finally confident enough to test fly one of my jets this weekend on the Horus. Really hope I can find out exactly what happened and not just that the issue goes away by itself.
Feb 03, 2017, 01:53 PM
Strange that you say after full throttle burst, you running a seperate bec or the internal esc bec. Either way I would look closely at your x8r power supply but especially if from a esc.
Last edited by raydar; Feb 03, 2017 at 02:02 PM.
Feb 03, 2017, 02:35 PM
Not always after a full throttle burst but sometime. Using factory BEC which I assume is a built in BEC with ESC. No hint from telemetry that voltage is dropping. I'm more concerned that the receiver does not reconnect even though receiver is receiving power. Even if I pull power and reconnect it should always reconnect almost instantaneously.
Feb 04, 2017, 03:49 PM
RCdiy
OpenTx 2.2 will be out soon.
Check out this blog post and video to find out what has changed and what has been added.

http://rcdiy.ca/opentx-2-2-whats-new/

I've also updated the first post in this thread.

OpenTx 2 2 (4 min 26 sec)
Feb 04, 2017, 05:49 PM

lS and LR missing on companion 2.2.ON362

Itīs me or the left & right pots are missing on companion 2.2.ON362?
I notice because I use LR to control sound and after download to radio, the sound was loud.
But if you go to radio, you can select LR or LS and they are missing on companion.
Feb 04, 2017, 06:13 PM
Happy FPV flyer
You're forgetting to mention the radio type (and if you didn't select the wrong one).
Feb 04, 2017, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
You're forgetting to mention the radio type (and if you didn't select the wrong one).
Sory, I have both: Taranis X9D and Taranis X9D+.
I have been very carefull when changing radios but...sh*** can happen.

thanks to look at this.
Feb 05, 2017, 03:38 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Go check in the Hardware tab of radio settings if they didn't get set to Disabled.
Feb 05, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Go check in the Hardware tab of radio settings if they didn't get set to Disabled.
Kilrah, as usual you are spot on, sliders was not selected!
All good now.
thanks.
Feb 06, 2017, 08:46 AM
Any word on supporting the internal gyro for the Horus? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else.
Feb 07, 2017, 03:39 AM
Re organised the 2.1 amber system sounds and included some of my own for the ones that are missing using Ivona voices. Done for the Taranis x9d+

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fr3mir...tem_sounds.zip

I also did a complete system one using Salli from Ivona

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8mu6a...pack_salli.rar
Last edited by creative0100; Feb 07, 2017 at 04:17 AM.
Feb 07, 2017, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
OpenTx 2.2 will be out soon.
Check out this blog post and video to find out what has changed and what has been added.

http://rcdiy.ca/opentx-2-2-whats-new/

I've also updated the first post in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgT...m-upload_owner
Couple of corrections...

BlackSheep Crossfire is not new for 2.2. That has been in 2.1 for some time. The added module protocol is MULTI (aka 4in1)

There has been a screen shot button on the Companion Simulator for some time - the camera icon on the TX display - which has not gone away. I'm not entirely clear what the new button adds since neither seem to work in Companion 2.2 RC10 for either the Q-X7 or X9D+.

Edit: Turns out I had "only capture to clipboard" set and both buttons work fine and do the same thing. The only difference is that you don't need to be viewing the Radio Screen Simulation to get a screen shot of it with the new button...which is a bit odd.
Last edited by pressalltheknobs; Feb 08, 2017 at 12:51 AM.
Feb 07, 2017, 07:39 PM
Flt 76..N.bound..feet dry

Open Tx & Companion 2.2

I've downloaded & installed Companion 2.2 (N362) on 3 PCs. On 2 of them when i start a "new" file. The file comes up empty with no model "slots" showing. I cannot save any models or changes to a model i start on either of these PCs. The 3rd PC When I added a "new" filea wizard appeared which showed the all the model selections I made std choices and saved. It appears in first model slot. I can open it but cannot save any changes I make to it. I have not found how to create a new model or save changes to the original. I was following Scott's video but it doesn't work for me. Help!

AllenS
Feb 08, 2017, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenS
I've downloaded & installed Companion 2.2 (N362) on 3 PCs. On 2 of them when i start a "new" file. The file comes up empty with no model "slots" showing. I cannot save any models or changes to a model i start on either of these PCs. The 3rd PC When I added a "new" filea wizard appeared which showed the all the model selections I made std choices and saved. It appears in first model slot. I can open it but cannot save any changes I make to it. I have not found how to create a new model or save changes to the original. I was following Scott's video but it doesn't work for me. Help!

AllenS
Those videos are very old and version 2.0 I believe. That said.
I don't understand what you're doing to have these results. Any chance you can do a quick and dirty video that we could view to see if we see what's going on. Just start with the computer that IS working with the wizard if you want.

I mean -- I read your words .. but I can't comprehend how you can't save the changes. Do you mean save to the TX or save to the computer?