Jul 06, 2019, 03:57 PM
Makin' future-scrap
I did an external wrap for the repairs. 1st a layer of kevlar and topped with two layers of carbon vail. I need tail weight, so the added mass behind the wing is no issue for me.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2019, 04:16 PM
Electric
My Typhoon had a nasty cartwheel when I caught a tip last Summer damaging the fuse in the same place, nearly snapping it, causing the white gel coat to shatter and CF/FG to splinter. I used a section of bicycle tire inner tube to help press the CF tow and FG in place earlier when I added additional CF in the nose for a stronger motor...., and it came in handy when it was time for this fix! 40mm fuselages are a pain in the arse. The Tomcat has to be bigger right?
Jul 06, 2019, 04:35 PM
Makin' future-scrap
The front of the Tomcat is pretty wide. However, the F3F fuselage for the Tomcat shares the same wing joiner so, hind the wing is narrow. I think an internal repair is possible but difficult.
Jul 07, 2019, 07:47 AM
Life is good!
I had to make a fuse repair last month on another glider. I still need to work out the cg.
The e-tomcat is larger in front of the wing than the typhoon. However, the typhoon has the rudder and tail servos mounted behind the wing. I like that .
Aug 17, 2019, 10:31 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Where did all the photos go?

Quick Reply