Tamiya Metal Dump Truck - GF-01 - RC Groups

Tamiya Metal Dump Truck - GF-01

Check out this update to the original 1/24th scale Dump Truck! The Metal Dump Truck features metal plates on the chassis and some new graphics on the body.

Splash

Heavy Metal Dirt Hauler!

It's been a few years since Tamiya released the bright yellow Dump Truck perched atop the GF-01 chassis. Now, they have a brand new body for the GF-01. The Tamiya Metal Dump Truck sports a new black body with metal graphics - it's not actually made of metal, but rather the standard ABS plastic and some metal plates along the sides of the chassis. Under the black body, it's the same features as the original; pin-spike tires, shaft-driven 4WD, a TBLE-02S esc, and a 540-sized silver-can motor.

While not yet available, it should start shipping in March with a price around $175.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Tamiya Metal Dump Truck - GF-01

Jan 27, 2017, 12:08 PM
It's pretty cool in goofy way but I'd rather take the original, the yellow makes it more instantly recognisable as a dump truck and to me, part of the appeal would be the look on people's faces as they see a tiny dup truck blasting along pulling wheelies etc
Jan 27, 2017, 12:15 PM
RCGroups Editor
Agreed!
Jan 27, 2017, 12:32 PM
I am the opposite on this one I like the black version much better.
Jan 27, 2017, 02:06 PM
Looks mean - I like it!
Jan 27, 2017, 02:17 PM
Suspended Account
i like this..once released i'll be adding it to my collection.Nice
Jan 27, 2017, 08:45 PM
Gene Simmons for President
If they put the chrome pieces on the yellow truck I'd buy one.
Jan 28, 2017, 09:24 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Too cool. I'm all over this. I will have one. Wheelies with a dump truck!
Jan 28, 2017, 12:53 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Yep, this one looks awesome!
Apr 19, 2017, 11:22 AM
Finally! In stock at tower now. Mine will be here Friday!
Apr 22, 2017, 08:14 PM
The Metal Dump Truck is done, has been run and is fun!

I used a Futaba S3305 high torque, metal gear servo and the Dynamite Tazer Motor / ESC combo. It will wheelie any time I want and goes plenty fast enough on 2S for a wheelbase this short. It's a little smaller than I thought it would be. It's fun sized.

Too wet out for a good video. Maybe tomorrow.
Apr 24, 2017, 11:35 PM
Controller in my left hand, steering with my thumb. Phone in my right hand. Driving suffers but the truck is still silly fun!

I stuck a little guitar amp in it for the first couple minutes so that made it even more flippy.

Tamiya Heavy Metal Dump Truck (5 min 7 sec)