Mar 20, 2019, 11:27 PM
Yoon I have also put a washer on mine will see what happens on Saturday weather permitting
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2019, 06:03 AM
Hi Yoon well that was great made a big difference to the model as I am still trying to get the travel adjustment etc I hadn't even checked the thrust setup but after doing the washer change wow it was a different aircraft it was doing what it should have been I was blaming my inputs and setting but reducing the right thrust has been a vast improvement
I did suffer an undercarriage failure on landing even though I had strengthen it Should have known ALL my previous Sebart models have suffered the same issue and all from not that hard of landing it's due to the undercarriage being mounted on TOP of the mounting plate. It should be underneath to the load is taken by the whole mount not the addheasion of the ply layers which is what again happened to mine . I will now have to conduct some surgery to the bottom off-the-wall fuse do I can fix it About two years ago I even sent a drawing to Sebart showing how they should be mounted oh well they know better
Mar 25, 2019, 08:16 PM
Hi Ray, yes it takes only a little to improve the flight characteristics. Even with just a washer (no more than 1mm thick) under one side of the motor mount sorted out my motor thrust line issues even if the resultant right thrust is still quite generous.

As for the undercarriage, I was well aware of the need to strengthen it and the many people who had made their own improvement on the uc. Mine was a simple, and so far effective mod. I sandwiched a 2mm thick silicone sheet (or thick hard plastic) between the uc mounting tab and the ply mount on the fuselage. So there is an effective "shock absorber" between the uc mounting tab and the ply mount. I used a piece of thick paper to cut the pattern and mark the 3 positions for the mounting screws. So far it has been effective for the supplied metal uc and the stiff CF uc replacement.

Cheers, yoon
May 16, 2019, 12:14 PM
You down with EPP?

APC recommendation

If I was running a Falcon 21x13.5 carbon on a Himax F3A motor, what would be the most comparable for amps and performance in the APC line? Or any $35 or below prop. Just don't want to spend $100 on another carbon prop.

Thanks
May 16, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hi johnny. Unless you settle for a standard APC 21.5x13 prop that weighs approx 3.5 oz, there are two (2) other APC props I would recommend. The APC EPNC 21.5x13 prop with a weight of 2.86 oz or the APC ENPC 21x13.5 prop with a weight of 2.79 oz. Each sells for $49.00 USD. I feel like you, why spend $99.00 USD for a very fragile CF prop that is quite frankly VERY overpriced!
May 16, 2019, 12:49 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
Hi johnny. Unless you settle for a standard APC 21.5x13 prop that weighs approx 3.5 oz, there are two (2) other APC props I would recommend. The APC EPNC 21.5x13 prop with a weight of 2.86 oz or the APC ENPC 21x13.5 prop with a weight of 2.79 oz. Each sells for $49.00 USD. I feel like you, why spend $99.00 USD for a very fragile CF prop that is quite frankly VERY overpriced!
Cool thanks!
May 21, 2019, 08:01 PM
Does anyone out their, have photos of were to put to RX, ESC and RX battery, Sebart needs better instruction manual, thanks
May 21, 2019, 08:35 PM
You down with EPP?
an APC 22x12e should pull similar amps as a Falcon Carbon 21.5x13?

Doesn't look like APC makes one that isn't carbon.
May 22, 2019, 07:15 AM
Hi johnny, the APC 22x12 will probably pull MORE amps than the Falcon CF 21.5x13 prop due to it's lower pitch and increased weight. You can always lower the throttle ATV/EPA on your transmitter to hopefully avoid over amperage.
May 22, 2019, 08:24 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Hi johnny, the APC 22x12 will probably pull MORE amps than the Falcon CF 21.5x13 prop due to it's lower pitch and increased weight. You can always lower the throttle ATV/EPA on your transmitter to hopefully avoid over amperage.
Good point Thanks
Jun 09, 2019, 03:22 PM
You down with EPP?

servos

As far as MKS go, are HV1220's the way to go if I want to run HV?

I know what all the 3D guys use but I don't know any pattern flyers using MKS

thanks
Jun 09, 2019, 05:08 PM
Hi johnny. More pattern flyers are currently using MKS Hv digital servos than you think. I have used and are using the MKS 69 HV servos extensively and have found their power to weight ratio unbelievable not to mention their excellent centering qualities! You can certainly spend more....but like props, why would you?
Jun 09, 2019, 05:28 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Hi johnny. More pattern flyers are currently using MKS Hv digital servos than you think. I have used and are using the MKS 69 HV servos extensively and have found their power to weight ratio unbelievable not to mention their excellent centering qualities! You can certainly spend more....but like props, why would you?
Those are tiny. You outfit a 2M pattern ship with those?
Jun 09, 2019, 07:23 PM
YES! Ailerons and elevators on a Pletty powered Allure.
Jun 10, 2019, 08:16 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
YES! Ailerons and elevators on a Pletty powered Allure.
Ok, what do you used on the rudder?

Quick Reply