Jan 25, 2017, 03:41 PM
Fast electric boats maybe
Thread OP
Help!

My first tunnel hull build

Ok here is my first electric tunnel hull build, I got my transom epoxed in and out drive mounted ,put expanded foam in sponsons yesterday and trimmed it in this morning, now I am to the point where I need to mount servo,esc,RX tray I think I'm going to cut off what I don't need of the tray like the place where you would mount motor since I don't need it and save weight. My problem is the rails on mount are about 2mm thick is this enough to epoxy in place or do I need more surface area to glue, it's 1.5in between the two rails can I put a piece of 1.5in balsa wood on tray and use that for fastening to hull I can shape the balsa to conform to hull for a nice fit is this a good fix or not since this is my first build any input would be greatfully appreciated Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2017, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Panhead5496 this is the hull you replied about a few weeks ago I paid 38$ for this hull plus 20$ shipping still a steal for a glass hull I think he still has some for sale but not many if your still interested here is the link 24" RC EP Fiberglass Epoxy F-1 Racing Outrigger Boat Hull White& Black
Jan 25, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine View Post
Panhead5496 this is the hull you replied about a few weeks ago I paid 38$ for this hull plus 20$ shipping still a steal for a glass hull I think he still has some for sale but not many if your still interested here is the link 24" RC EP Fiberglass Epoxy F-1 Racing Outrigger Boat Hull White& Black
Really? I don't remember that haha. What did I say?

But regardless, that sure is a nice looking hull for $58 total! Did you add the outboard yourself?

Also your link wasn't there. Can you do it again?
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Jan 25, 2017, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Pan it is on ebay I just looked 5min ago he still got 3 in stock and yes I did install the outboard myself it's a clone tfl from hobbyking about 80$ I think
Jan 25, 2017, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
You replied about this boat on show us your boats page last month
Jan 25, 2017, 05:16 PM
Ah I got you. Just found it. Looks super nice!

And I remember now lol. You have a good memory

Am definitely going to be following your build
Jan 25, 2017, 05:25 PM
Thread OP
Pan if you decide to got 1 the paint job is crap just a heads up but the rest of the hull is beautiful and it is super lite
Jan 25, 2017, 05:33 PM
Haha really? It looks good in the pics.

What are you going to power it with?
Jan 25, 2017, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Going to start with 4s and we will see how it does probably going to take the stock 3000kv 3s motor out and put a big heli in its place just have to see in the future if I don't destroy it in the meantime there is a lot of turtles and I mean a lot of turtles in Tennessee I hit one every time I run one of my boats
Jan 25, 2017, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
I just weighed it 1010.9g so far with no electrics yet it's going to be a super lite boat when done I hope , I got a UL-1 and it weighs twice as much and does pretty good
Jan 25, 2017, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
Haha really? It looks good in the pics.

What are you going to power it with?
Got that clone tfl outboard with a 450 size heli motor 3000kv 3s if herd of other people running 4s on this motor but the wires are very small and don't think it will handle the amps without melting down,as for the rest of elec Hobbywing 90a ESC, Hitec HS-5085 MG servo, Tactic [email protected] . I will use a Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo but don't know what capacity to use have to figure that out later when I weigh it again
Jan 27, 2017, 06:49 PM
Thread OP
Ok got the push rod bellows today and also cut the esc,servo tray down . Now to figure out where to drill the holes in transom for the pull pull rods for steering. Still waiting on servo and piece of balsa wood to arrive so I can get a better reference on where to drill holes for steering.
Jan 27, 2017, 06:53 PM
Thread OP
Forgot to add pic's with last post
Jan 27, 2017, 08:54 PM
Looks great, I was always curious how these would run as I seen them on ebay
Jan 28, 2017, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
Got push pull grommets in today , I think I got them in the right spot ,not much room too play with its gonna have to be OK. Still waiting on servo to get here. I'm getting close to being done with it ,except the crappy paint job I'll fix that once I have it all worked out and up and running

Quick Reply