New Products Flash Sale

Dromida 1/18 Rally Car - RCGroups Review

The Dromida line of 1/18 scale RTR cars and trucks just keeps getting better! Mean Joe is back at it checking out the Rally Car. Let's take a look and see how this little beast stacks up!

Splash

A pint-size car that's not short on power!

Product:Dromida 1/18 Scale RTR Rally Car
Retail price:$169.99
Length:10.9"
Width:5.1"
Height:4.25"
Motor:5300kv brushless water-proof
ESC:water-proof
Drive system:4x4
Batteries used:7.2v 1300mAh NiMH
Included radio system:2-channel 2.4GHz Dromida D100
Available from:Tower Hobbies

Dromida is fast becoming the king of 1/18 scale RTR racing. The Brushless Rally Car is no exception to this rule! This little beast hits speeds out of the box of 30+ mph.

With its rally-style looks and toughness, it's sure to become a head turner at your local track. Check it out!

What's in the Box? EVERYTHING!

The Dromida 1/18 scale Rally Car comes RTR and everything you need to get to racing is in the box.

It ships with the car, well-detailed controller, 7.2v 1300NiMH Battery Pack, and 4 AA batteries for the controller. So all that is needed to get going is to install the batteries in the controller, charge and install the pack, and your off.

There are a couple of cool things Dromida has done with this version that are worth pointing out. First, they have made the body height adjustable so that you can raise or lower it to suit your racing style and track conditions. And secondly, they have taken their NiMH charger and made it USB. These are a couple of features that are nice to see for a RTR racer at this price point.

The only thing that I noticed that could use a little more tweaking is the ride height. I would like to see it be able to be raised up just a little more to make more clearance on the track. I noticed that the front bottoms out quite a lot and this really slows down the Rally Car over series jumps. If they raised the body just a little and maybe put some more adjustable shocks on it, it would be a near perfect little racer. As it is its pretty dang good!

On the Track!

Review Video

Dromida 1/18 Rally Car - RCGroups Review (4 min 31 sec)

The first thing I want to say is that this little powerhouse is fast! I was getting 30+mph right out of the box. And this is with a NiMH pack! Dromida offers a lipo pack upgrade with this bad boy, but the only advantage I can see with that would be faster charge times. I can't see many people needing the upgrade to gain speed. As it is it's fast enough to be near uncontrollable on the track. Now if you are just planning on long straight runs with throttle control in the corners I am sure the lipo upgrade would be right up your alley! It's a total blast on the NiMh and the lipo upgrade would only increase that.

The controller has dual rate adjustments so that you can dial back the throttle and steering to make it more docile for those just getting into the RC car hobby. I tested these features out and they really made it so that you can grow as you go with this setup. I can see this, at this price point and quality, becoming a go-to car for anyone wanting to get started with the hobby, while at the same time having enough speed and features to keep even the experienced drivers happy and having a blast.

The on the track performance of this little beast is truly amazing. It corners great and has all the speed it needs to stay out front. It handles the jumps pretty good and after some practice laps, we had it screaming around the track with the big boys. And on the straight runs could actually outrun some of the bigger cars on the track! Awesome!

In Closing

In closing, I have to say that the Dromida 1/18 scale Rally Car is a total blast! With its quality build and speed, I can see it quickly becoming a mainstay at the track. Whether you're looking for a basher or an all out micro racer, you can't go wrong with the Dromida Rally Car. It has all of the features serious racers look for in a RTR, and at this price point, it just can't be beat! Now get out there and grab yours today! ~Mean Joe

Shout Outs

I wanted to give a couple of quick shout outs! First thanks to Scott H. for coming out and helping with the filming and testing, and thanks to Hardwoods Raceway in Ithica Mi. for letting Mean Joe come out and play!

More Info

For more info check out these links!

Dromida Rally Car

Hardwoods Raceway

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 30, 2017 at 01:14 PM..
Old Feb 02, 2017, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by Habanero
Theses are a lot of fun. I play with my sons when he's not around but don't tell him !
Old Feb 06, 2017, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by gassprint1
think they came out with these since losi discontinued theres a year or so ago. these look like they are more adjustable and made better.
Old Feb 08, 2017, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by Kevinfred
There's something about these, they're just fun!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:14 AM
Find More Posts by DC1138
Imperial Pilot
I ordered a brushed version of the Touring Car this weekend from Tower as they have it on sale for $79.99. I added a few things to my order to get up to $99 and was able to use a $15 off $99 for an $85 order with free shipping. I'm looking forward to trying it out.