Jan 24, 2017, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Idea

safety first

Forum Name: safety first

Category: all

Description: This forum is for everybody.

Justification: There is no forum which covers this topic.

why on earth there is not a forum about such an important matter that affects everybody?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2017, 12:49 AM
Thread OP

then...?

now, what?
Jan 26, 2017, 08:12 AM
RCG Admin
Here's the process for proposing a new forum https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...se-a-new-forum
Jan 26, 2017, 08:26 AM
Thread OP

until then?

2. Once your thread has generated 50 replies from other users who agree that the proposal is a good one, compile the list of names and inform an admin or moderator. The site management will review the list and most likely call for a vote.

3. The administrator will create a thread with a yes/no poll attached to it, and will announce this thread in the appropriate area. The poll will be held for at least 10 days, and it must gather at least 75% "yes" votes.

4. If the vote passes, the new forum will be created but put on a probation period for at least 30 days. During this probation period the forum will be monitored to see if it is being used. If the forum proves to be unsuccessful, it will be removed.

so you dont think the isssue is worth starting it until then?
Jan 26, 2017, 09:46 AM
RCG Admin
Once you get 50 replies to this thread from other users saying they agree with the idea, then we can create the poll thread for a vote.
Jan 27, 2017, 04:04 AM
Thread OP

wake up

so,
"Once you get 50 replies to this thread from other users saying they agree with the idea, then we can create the poll thread for a vote".

well, so far there have been 64 VIEWS only, no replies.

seems that,

1.- nobody cares about safety, or:
2.-this system is not practical; does not work.

go figure...
i dont think i will waste my time proposing anything in the future.
Jan 27, 2017, 08:11 AM
RCG Admin
We've had forums get started from this process and it works. No need in creating a forum if no one will use it, so that's why we have this system in place.
Jan 29, 2017, 07:46 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
Forum Name: safety first

Category: all

Description: This forum is for everybody.

Justification: There is no forum which covers this topic.

why on earth there is not a forum about such an important matter that affects everybody?
1) Because what constitutes safe practices and procedures varies hugely depending on the RC discipline.
2) Because safety matters are already discussed regularly in existing forums on this site.
3) Because no-one would bother to regularly visit such a forum where the vast majority of content would not be applicable to their area of interest.
Jan 29, 2017, 12:34 PM
Lou
Lou
Agree with MattyB.

Phil .... you have a habit of locking threads that do not match your linear way of thinking. You stifle all discussion that does not match what you want the discussion to be; thus I do not participate in any thread you start due to your constant locking of threads. The Safety forum would be no different and I don't think members and non members should come to a forum looking for help and finding your locked threads. Leads to confusion.

I do not support the creation of a Safety forum.
Jan 30, 2017, 12:21 AM
Thread OP
so no safety forum. bye.
but if anybody has not realized that i close threads because of people that participate only to show disrespect and do not bring any solution, then it is a waste of time.

' Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?'
-Confucius-
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jan 30, 2017 at 12:28 AM.

Quick Reply