2017 Torrey Pines Gulls DLG Contest and Clinic Series - RC Groups
Jan 23, 2017, 04:34 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Contest

2017 Torrey Pines Gulls DLG Contest and Clinic Series

The Torrey Pines Gulls Club of San Diego is proud to announce the schedule for the monthly DLG Series for 2017.
It will be officially called the "2017 Torrey Pines Gulls DLG Clinic Series" and will be a monthly event on Saturdays with the intent of building your DLG skills, mingling with the best pilots around, getting exposed to the F3K contest formats, and most of all to have fun!

The Who
All pilots of all levels from anywhere are welcome to come fly. You just need an official AMA membership and you are in! Don't miss your chance to have experienced pilots call and time for you, or pass on your experience to new pilots with the growing passion for DLG! Don't be disuaded if you don't have the latest and greatest equipment. As long as it is safe to fly, come and huck it!

The Contest Format
We know that everyone is busy, so we have decided to make these events half day events (although we are open to make them longer if there is enough demand). We will generally fly 6 rounds starting in the morning and ending in the middle of the day. This makes it so the whole Saturday isn't killed, and you have some bargaining power with your other habits in life...

2017 F3K rules will be used to score the event and some of the events will be officially sanctioned by the AMA as well as counted for official F3K Team selection qualification. Two classes will be scored (Sportsman and Open), so beginner levels can compete with each other! The official CD will determine the task list, and drops.

The Clinics
At some point in between rounds we will have clinical talks and advice given by top pilots attending on a variety of topics including launch techniques and critiques, strategies, rules clarifications, or any other subjects that come up!

Its not often that you can get quality time picking the brains of top present, past and future Team USA pilots, so don't be scared, the community is awesome!

The Cost
The events will have a fee of $10 for non-TPG members, and $5 for TPG members. This fee structure is in place to show that the club is committed to providing value to their members. Please consider becoming a member of the largest Soaring club in the states we know of!

The Series
The club has generously offered to award year end trophies for the series champions. The series will be counted as your best 6 events out of the 11 events.

The following are the dates of the events (All Saturdays):
  1. Feb 25th - CD Tim Traver ( Signup Here : http://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=685 )
  2. Mar 25th - CD Tim Traver ( Signup Here : http://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=919 )
  3. Apr 22nd (Warmup to the IHLGF) - CD ?
  4. Apr 29th -30th - IHLGF
  5. May 20th - CD ?
  6. Jun 17th - CD ?
  7. Jul 15th - CD ?
  8. Aug 18th - CD ?
  9. Sep 23rd - CD ?
  10. Oct 28th - CD ?
  11. Nov 18th - CD ?
  12. Dec 16th - CD ?

The Where
The contest will be held at the famous Poway Flight Center, home of the International Hand Launch Glider Festival for the last 20 years in beautiful Poway, California. Directions and maps can be found here.

The How
Registrations will be taken on the official scoring site at http://www.f3xvault.com/

There, you can see all the event info, register for the events you want to attend, and even pay with paypal before you arrive! Log in and create your account now, and go through the registration process. Event scoring will be available immediately after the event.

The Why
Because you have an addiction, or are about to, and you need to feed it on a regular basis. If you're a pro, you need to practice. If you're a beginner, you need to practice. You need it. You want it. Don't deny yourself. Be the ball Danny...

See you there!

Tim Traver
2017 TPG DLG Coordinator
Last edited by ttraver; Mar 23, 2017 at 04:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2017, 06:54 PM
Tim - excellent, thanks - looking forward to this series. Please put me down as CD for the June clinic.
-Gary
Jan 26, 2017, 09:27 PM
Usedbombistan
I'll be there for the IHLGF prep weekend.
Jan 26, 2017, 10:29 PM
There is a pretty good group planning to practice this Sat, 1/28, in Poway - john
Jan 27, 2017, 10:33 AM
I think the August 18 date should actually be the 19th? The 18th is a Friday...

All added to my calendar!
Jan 27, 2017, 10:48 AM
King Of The Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcneil86043
There is a pretty good group planning to practice this Sat, 1/28, in Poway - john
And I've heard someone might just show up to maiden their all carbon home built DLG !!!
Jan 27, 2017, 05:55 PM
Yes, I will also test my new CX4, and we will be refining a secret pre-IHLGF activity
Also, the weather may be good!
Jan 28, 2017, 12:16 AM
Come out swinging
Feb 25th is our next local?

Sean
Feb 06, 2017, 01:53 PM
Zippy
Hey Guys, I'm looking at popping in from Vegas for the 25th, any hotel recommendations ??

Jerry "Zippy"
Feb 06, 2017, 11:16 PM
Marc
I stay at the Hampton Inn in Poway. Close to the field too.

Marc
Feb 06, 2017, 11:27 PM
EV- Advocate and driver!
Nice! and there's a Supercharger in Temecula
Feb 07, 2017, 01:23 PM
Jonathan Garber
I might actually have an airplane flying in time to fly in this months contest! I cant wait!

Jon
Feb 08, 2017, 01:42 AM
Signed up. I got to get some practice in.

Ray
Feb 08, 2017, 09:39 AM
I'm in.
Feb 08, 2017, 11:42 AM
Zippy
I'm in guys
Looking forward to my first trip to Poway, I booked at Hampton Inn, any directions to field from there would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry "Zippy" Parks