STRIX Power Stix 1s Charging Board

The STRIX Power Stix 1s Charging Board is a cool new charger from ReadyMadeRC that allows you to field charge your 1S lipo packs...

Splash

Charge Six 1S Lipos at the same time

The STRIX Power Stix 1s Charging Board is a cool new charger from ReadyMadeRC that allows you to field charge your 1S lipo packs. It features 6 charge ports, that's 6 individual charge ports which means you don't have to worry about parallel charging.

The charger itself is powered by a 3S or 4S lipo with an XT60 connector and features cutoff voltage protection so you don't ruin your big lipo. The charge ports feature both standard 1.25 and the larger 2.0 connectors so you can charge most 1S lipos. There are LED indicators that change color to let you know when the charge is complete and the charge rate is fixed at 400mA. The best thing about this charger is that it is tiny and light, just like your 1S batteries.

The Power Stix 1S Charger is up for pre-order right now at ReadyMadeRC.

Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by jacobault2001
would be really cool if they made a charger like this with jst connectors.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 05:47 AM
Find More Posts by gwelvin
I would like order this but about 13$ shipping to France...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 07:49 AM
Find More Posts by Bama3Dr
Very cool charger. I've been parallel charging mine with one of my larger chargers, but that's always a pain trying to keep up with which packs are discharged and which ones are charged. This looks like a really nice, inexpensive option.

-Dustin
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by SD One.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Could be handy. I like it.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by markhoho
They are back in stock so want this but I have got to stop spending money on rc it's like an addiction wait it is an addiction. Is there like an rc anonymous.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by krxprt

Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhoho View Post
They are back in stock so want this but I have got to stop spending money on rc it's like an addiction wait it is an addiction. Is there like an rc anonymous.
Yes there is but there is a three year waiting list to get in.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 42% Raven
Old Feb 01, 2017, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by opwan

Strix

Can these be hooked up to your regular Lipo charger instead of using a battery for charging?
Old Feb 02, 2017, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by markhoho
I'm thinking you can't use a charger because it would be looking for a balance plug. That is the one thing stopping me from buying it.
Old Feb 02, 2017, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by pointbrink
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhoho View Post
I'm thinking you can't use a charger because it would be looking for a balance plug. That is the one thing stopping me from buying it.
Seems a bit much to use a charger to power a charger.. Using your normal lipo charger to charge a battery that powers the charger is just as easy plus adds portability. If you want to power it without a battery, you have the option of using a normal wall adapter with an XT60..

The fact that this charger charges 6 batteries individually and you don't have to worry about balancing your batteries before charging them is worth it right there..

Anyway, that's my take (just ordered 2)
Old Feb 02, 2017, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
I am a nice guy! Really!
The one link in the OP has another link labeled "Optional AC Wall Adapter" If you can use that it seems like you should be able to use any 12VDC supply. Even a lead/acid for field use.
Last edited by Mike Dubovsky; Feb 02, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2017, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Quote:
Originally Posted by opwan View Post
Can these be hooked up to your regular Lipo charger instead of using a battery for charging?
I think you mean "power supply" not "charger". If so, and the power supply is 12V, then I expect the answer is yes.

Glen
Old Feb 02, 2017, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by rcdog69
no i think he means what he wrote charger .. it could be used if you had a charger that could be used like a power supply...but all in all yes a power supply would work much easier...i have a few old school chargers that have the Hot wire option or can be used as a power supply and i can adjust amps out up to apoint....
Old Feb 02, 2017, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by pigmypuncher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
I think you mean "power supply" not "charger". If so, and the power supply is 12V, then I expect the answer is yes.

Glen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdog69 View Post
no i think he means what he wrote charger .. it could be used if you had a charger that could be used like a power supply...but all in all yes a power supply would work much easier...i have a few old school chargers that have the Hot wire option or can be used as a power supply and i can adjust amps out up to apoint....
I think I also get where he is going with this - my power supply for my charger is using the 4mm bullet connectors on both ends. I could pull them apart, replace with my 4mm > XT60 cable, but in reality never would because all the connections are in the back and I don't really have the space to pull everything out and re-config easily. That said, that wall wart is both inexpensive and looks like it would travel easily along with the rest of my whoop gear....
Old Feb 08, 2017, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by WickedWingman
why doesn't it ever just work?
i'm running this on the wall adapter now. works great. way overpriced, but i was willing to fork over the cash.