Thread OP
Discussion

Alternative Facts

Pretty funny, isn't it ....
Jan 22, 2017, 05:17 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
About as funny as beetle's references.
Jan 22, 2017, 06:20 PM
In the few seconds that she uttered that, Baghdad Barbie added to the lexicon that I believe describes (and will follow) this administration out of the gate. Very first presser no less.

Impressive really.
Jan 22, 2017, 07:11 PM
Altitude is my friend...
We'll be getting all sorts of alternative facts from this bunch:

White House Pushes ‘Alternative Facts.’ Here Are the Real Ones.

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday that the White House had put forth “alternative facts” to ones reported by the news media about the size of Mr. Trump’s inauguration crowd.

She made this assertion — which quickly went viral on social media — a day after Mr. Trump and Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, had accused the news media of reporting falsehoods about the inauguration and Mr. Trump’s relationship with the intelligence agencies.

In leveling this attack, the president and Mr. Spicer made a series of false statements.

Here are the facts.

This wan't an unfortunate choice of words. This is the Trump administration's strategy. Every word uttered by these people will have to be fact-checked.
Jan 22, 2017, 08:10 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
About as funny as beetle's references.
I don't make beetles references.

Your suggestion is an example of an alternative fact.
Jan 22, 2017, 09:22 PM
Pretty sad when the campaign with her as a campaign manager won. The circus is in town now.
Jan 22, 2017, 09:33 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
Caution - Beatles Reference Alert!

Jan 22, 2017, 09:34 PM
18 U.S.C. § 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
Pretty funny, isn't it ....
For the finest in the Alternative to facts it's CNN or MSNBC!
Latest blog entry: Later peeps
Jan 22, 2017, 09:40 PM
18 U.S.C. § 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe
Pretty sad when the campaign with her as a campaign manager won. The circus is in town now.
Even sadder when $1.2 billion spent on a campaign and the government and MSM giving you breaks and favoritism and still can't beat a guy that spent $238.9 million that the MSM tried to slander at every broadcast.

Quit showing up with DOA candidates.
Jan 22, 2017, 09:46 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Even sadder when $1.2 billion spent on a campaign and the government and MSM giving you breaks and favoritism and still can't beat a guy that spent $238.9 million that the MSM tried to slander at every broadcast.

Quit showing up with DOA candidates.
Putin claimed the 2016 election was the most expensive thing they've ever bought.
Jan 22, 2017, 09:47 PM
18 U.S.C. § 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
Putin claimed the 2016 election was the most expensive thing they've ever bought.
More Alternative to facts. I knew I could count on your post!
Jan 22, 2017, 09:50 PM
The two pictures cnn themselves posted contradict. Which one is the truth?Everyone here knows I didn't support Trump. Trump is lying saying it was the biggest inauguration crowd ever while the msm is pushing a photo that clearly is before the speech and everyone arrived. Is this what our country has come to? I am embarrassed of our country currently.
Last edited by ambientech; Jan 22, 2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added pic
Jan 22, 2017, 09:56 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
You'll notice the NYT didn't finish Spicer's other main comment about the MLK bust.

Why? Because that is a binary proof, not a subjective variable about people count or rain intensity. It was whether or not the bust had been removed. Much like the electoral count when numbers actually meant something substantive. The MSM, the NYT included, called it SO wrong for SO long, it cost 'them' the election. So occasionally, in very rare occasions, the dishonesty of the press pays off. The Republicans can be thankful the MSM's dishonesty and bias just happened to change the country for the better.

So. . .the bust was not removed, resulting in the MSM having no choice but to back peddle quickly. Had it been a subjective story like, oh, I don't know, how many people were at the inaugural or how much it rained, well that boys and girls, has legs to dance.
Jan 22, 2017, 10:01 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe
I feel ya..

Jan 22, 2017, 10:04 PM
Hillary Lied, 4 Americans Died
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
Got a link to that, or Is that an alternative fact, or just an untruth?

Quick Reply