Quite Gasser - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 21, 2017, 08:58 PM
rc user
Discussion

Quite Gasser

Wow, this one seems quite enough to fly without bothering people. I can even hear the rotor blades.

土橋幸弘選手のRCヘリ Gas powered engine OS GT15HZ (9 min 9 sec)

actually watching the video again, it is a little loud
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 07:55 PM
When there will be a quite gasser i would be interested... btw i found this on HF: Protos Max V2 Gas Conversion

With a motor development/testing going on
Hyper first fire (0 min 29 sec)

Not shure how silent this one are !!! And i think i would preffered a pulley for easy start.

BA
Feb 09, 2017, 11:12 PM
rc user
wow, nice heli. i want one, but i don't have a place far away enough from people to fly it.
back to the noise problem..
Feb 09, 2017, 11:21 PM
yes the noise is the turn off... maybe some 4 stroke gasser could be more quite?

BA
Feb 09, 2017, 11:25 PM
rc user
i don't see why a quite muffler can't be found. I see performance (fullsize) cars with quite exhaust sounds, why not a heli?
Feb 09, 2017, 11:37 PM
I think i would not got a metanol engine, but a large gasser have many benifits i like, so if it just could be silent i would probably get one. Let me say i have very little knowledge on motors...

BA
Feb 09, 2017, 11:51 PM
rc user
me too, don't know much about them, just nice being able to fly 20-30min without a bunch of batteries.
Feb 10, 2017, 12:22 AM
Did you found anything you like yet?

BA
Feb 10, 2017, 12:34 AM
Saito FG14B on Trex550E (0 min 18 sec)

This sound i could live with....its 4 stroke: Saito FG14B on a Trex550E

BA
Feb 10, 2017, 10:31 AM
the great Gassif´er
My fourstroke heli on the other hand, was literally on the pain treshold as for sound...

Wow.... apologies, that was the wrong link....

Here's the correct one:

Vario Bell 47G Bert.wmv (4 min 31 sec)
Last edited by Brutus1967; Feb 11, 2017 at 05:37 AM.
Feb 10, 2017, 10:40 AM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
Did you found anything you like yet?

BA
other ppl asking the same..
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t770244p1/

there is some info out there:
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t289762p1/
Feb 10, 2017, 11:22 PM
What motors you use on your helis Brutus? fuel or gasoline? 2 stroke/4 stroke? Now when considering a gasser heli i almost regret not getting TZ90 when hk was selling them cheap. If it was possible to get a gasser heli with same sound as Brutus video it would be perfect

BA
Last edited by Black_Angel; Feb 11, 2017 at 05:35 AM.
Feb 11, 2017, 12:22 AM
Still diggin' holes...
Quote:
What motors you use on your helis Brutus? fuel or gasoline? 2 stroke/4 stroke? Now when considering a gasser heli i almost regret not getting TZ90 when hk was selling them cheap.

BA
I second that.
Not being able to get spares sucks though.
Feb 11, 2017, 12:37 AM
Yes, JS parts not so easy to find, thats why "almost" regret. But there is a few option , buying direct from JS and acrowood, but becouse of shipping its most economic with large orderds. I have a few other JS helis so i guess it could be to live with.. On the other side there is other newer helis out there. There is a gasser solution on the way for Protos max v2..

BA
Feb 11, 2017, 05:45 AM
the great Gassif´er
Quote:
What motors you use on your helis Brutus? fuel or gasoline? 2 stroke/4 stroke? Now when considering a gasser heli i almost regret not getting TZ90 when hk was selling them cheap. If it was possible to get a gasser heli with same sound as Brutus video it would be perfect

BA
Apologies, I accidentally placed the wrong link (to the most current gasoline conversion) but that is corrected now.

The fourstroke heli currently is still methanol (but fourstroke and CDI), but I have plans to convert it to gasoline and 2-stroke by means of one of these supercheap .91 ASP heli engines from HobbyKing. The noise is different, but the 2-stroke definitely is going to be more quiet....

I do run a .56 gasser in a JS heli, and it is a fun flyer, and supercheap to operate (so far, the engine, ignition, muffler combo has allready more than earned itself back in fuel savings.... really, as if somebody gave them to me for free ) and reliability, once the issues were solved, has not been an issue.
User convenience, once said issues were solved, is also unparallelled: fill it up, start it, and fly for a minimum of 30 minutes if you wish, or alternative, 3 or 4 flights on a single tank....
A .90 version would be the same, only larger and more awkward in transport....

Then again: a JS TZ90, with an ASP .91 converted to gasoline, you really can NOT fly heli any cheaper than that....