Feb 18, 2017, 09:47 PM
I will be there, around 9. So you all can mentally prepare the tasks are as follows,

Last three flights
Small ladder
Next to last and last flight
Time and weather permitting, 1,2,3,4 any order
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2017, 11:25 PM
Zippy
Thread OP
Maybe that has been my short fall , being mentally prepared
I mite need to hit the Red Bull early to accomplish that

See you all in the am
Feb 20, 2017, 12:56 AM
Zippy
Thread OP

Monthly Zip Reschedule

Well it was supposed to be partly sunny and 2 mph wind, the partly sunny part was right but the wind was a little more than two.
We warmed up a bit , tried some ballast, Jim attempted to work his new tx program but it didn't take long to make the decision to go for coffee.
Some caffeine and a few donuts later, we pulled the plug for the day.

Tentative reschedule for next Sunday the 27th.

Will keep you all posted

Zippy
Feb 20, 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks1968 View Post
Tentative reschedule for next Sunday the 27th.

Will keep you all posted

Zippy
The next Sunday on the 27th is in August. Did you mean the 26th of Feb.?
Feb 20, 2017, 11:22 PM
Zippy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmillett View Post
The next Sunday on the 27th is in August. Did you mean the 26th of Feb.?
you are correct, trying to keep track of dates and cancellations / reschedules lately has become a bit tedious,

And speaking of reschedule, a few of us are heading to the TPG one day contest this coming weekend in Poway, so the Monthly Zip for February is being moved to Sunday March 5,
Feb 24, 2017, 12:32 AM
Zippy
Thread OP

February Monthly Zip Rescheduled

The Wrecking Crew is headed to Poway this weekend for a Torrey Pines Gulls one day contest / clinic.

The February Monthly Zip is officially rescheduled for Sunday March 5th, 9:0oam ish Red Ridge Park (215 / Sunset)
Mr. Bill will be the matrix manager and has tasks ready to go.

Seeing as we had to push into March, we will try to stay on schedule and get another Zip in end of month, which will be a great warm up for the LV Invitational.

Lots of great CA, NV and Utah contests upcoming, check em out, get signed up!!

Will update how the weekend at Poway goes

Zippy
Feb 24, 2017, 09:10 AM
The same March 5th as JEM :-0

Tai
Feb 25, 2017, 04:11 AM
Yes same day. But none of us can commit that weekend so we're gonna have a little one of our own.
Feb 26, 2017, 01:33 AM
Zippy
Thread OP

Back from Poway

Thanks Jim for holding down the fort here in Vegas, you were missed in Poway this weekend, but we will all be there shortly for the IHLGF

I cant say enough good things about our experience this weekend at the Torrey Pines Gulls monthly contest / clinic at Poway
What a well run event and no shortage of top pilots who were willing to call / time and help.

I highly recommend attending one of their monthly events if you can, check out their Torrey Pines Gulls Contest / Clinic thread on hand launch.

Mr. Bill and I managed well and made it home in one piece,

Zippy
Feb 28, 2017, 09:50 PM
Zippy
Thread OP

looking toward the weekend

Hello All,
Long range forecast looks like a sunny, warm Vegas weekend.
Will be out Saturday at Red Ridge and Sunday even though it may be a small number of participants the Monthly Zip will proceed.

To anyone heading to the JEM in Perris CA. this weekend, have a safe journey and toss em well!!
Looking forward to watching results come in

Zippy
Feb 28, 2017, 11:02 PM
It's too bad you guys can't join us down in CA
Feb 28, 2017, 11:44 PM
Zippy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintc View Post
It's too bad you guys can't join us down in CA
Just couldn't make the reschedule work, but a couple of us made it to Poway last weekend for a one day with Torrey Pines Gulls.

Jim Allen is trying hard to make the JEM work, he's got two planes that need trimmed if the wind will cooperate here.

Our crew is definitely in for the Las Vegas Invitational , IHLGF and Richfield.

Thanks for checking in on the thread, trying to grow this thing here in Vegas!!
Mar 01, 2017, 07:54 PM
Lint, I'm trying. I just switched both planes to Taranis and the wind today died down to 5-10 this afternoon so I had a 45 minute window to test them. I'm also fighting the onset of a cold. Tomorrow will tell the tale if I'm going or not.
Mar 01, 2017, 07:57 PM
Nothing like trimming the day before the contest

I'm sure if you come there will be help for any Taranis issues
Mar 01, 2017, 11:08 PM
Clint (not Lint &#128514 I have been on sick dog watch for two weeks. Zoe, our Lab, had knee surgery two weeks ago. Dr instructions were to put a leash on her and "hold the other end for two weeks." Add to that the wind here, needing to get comfortable with a new transmitter, and the challenge of programming, I'm way behind the curve. Tomorrow's decision day. If they get trimmed close and I feel better, I'm going, otherwisegood luck to you!

Quick Reply