Mar 01, 2017, 08:23 PM
Swift 2 and Swift 1 cases interchangeable?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2017, 07:35 AM
Just received the cam today and anxious to use it, the mic and osd features are really promising for me The question is :

Has anybody tried to connect the VBat+ header directly to the "vcc" on the pdb. Using matek X type pdb with 4s battery.

Now I know the specs are up to 36 V but I also know it is intended and written for Vbat+ connection, ie filtering maybe from the fc.

Thing is, my fc is a F4 Flip 32 and it is sair to be getting very hot when the vbat on the fc is conected to the pdb. So judging by this, I am thinking of powering the runcam swift 2 from the 12v from pdb and connecting the vbat header to the vcc out on the pdb. Thus, I wonder if it is going to hold itself or is it gonig to burn. It is an expensive camera after all

also if the answer is yes, should I first connect a 1000 microfarat Capacitor to the vcc for spikes or else, or should I just go for it?

Many thanks for the answers
Mar 13, 2017, 10:07 PM

What dud you find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armanthor
Just received the cam today and anxious to use it, the mic and osd features are really promising for me The question is :

Has anybody tried to connect the VBat+ header directly to the "vcc" on the pdb. Using matek X type pdb with 4s battery.

Now I know the specs are up to 36 V but I also know it is intended and written for Vbat+ connection, ie filtering maybe from the fc.

Thing is, my fc is a F4 Flip 32 and it is sair to be getting very hot when the vbat on the fc is conected to the pdb. So judging by this, I am thinking of powering the runcam swift 2 from the 12v from pdb and connecting the vbat header to the vcc out on the pdb. Thus, I wonder if it is going to hold itself or is it gonig to burn. It is an expensive camera after all

also if the answer is yes, should I first connect a 1000 microfarat Capacitor to the vcc for spikes or else, or should I just go for it?

Many thanks for the answers
I just ordered a swift 2 and have the same quad as you... What setup did you go for? Im going to use my regulated 12v output from the PDB for my vtx and solder the camera to an available esc pad and the camera's vbat to the VCC (+).
Mar 24, 2017, 03:22 AM
Still a noob but getting there
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFromYEG
Swift 2 and Swift 1 cases interchangeable?
I would really like to know the answer to this as well! Just ripped the mounts out of my Swift1 and want to get the threaded case for Swift 2 instead, if they are compatible! I have just sent the question to Runcam, and will get back to you when/if I get a reply, unless you've already found out!

EDIT: RunCam support just confirmed that Swift1 and Swift2 cases are interchangeable!
Last edited by pstub; Mar 24, 2017 at 03:37 AM.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:34 AM

Osd Problem !

Hello,

If a person has already had this problem? I connected a swift 2 camera to an Omnibus pro V2 card. I can not display Betaflight OSD. I have disabled (Position Off ) the OSD of the camera swift 2 and I still have nothing. When I plug the quad, the betaflight logo appears but it is scrambled and disappears ...

I would like to keep only the betaflight osd

If you have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Renaud
Apr 27, 2017, 01:22 PM
I crush you
I have 3 RunCan Swift 2s, but so far I’ve only flown one of them. I like it a lot. The picture quality is great, and the default settings are very close to what I set mine to. I just adjusted it a bit but not much.

I wish the numbers and letters were a little smaller though. But apart from that, I love that I can add voltage readings to very simple builds that have no telemetry or standard OSD.
Apr 28, 2017, 08:09 PM
I crush you
Is it possible to increase the volume of the audio in the camera via the camera settings?
Apr 29, 2017, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Yes. In the osd menu, it can be turned on and off and customized.
I tried turning OFF all the setting in UP menu but I have a clear screen and not the Betaflight OSD (omnibus F3)
Is there any other setting to turn off to have back the BF OSD intead of the Runcam one?
Apr 29, 2017, 04:18 PM
Ok, just fixed setting NTSC into Betaflight OSD
Apr 29, 2017, 04:45 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
found
Last edited by rclab1; May 03, 2017 at 11:21 AM.
May 03, 2017, 03:21 AM
bananafpv
How do I select PAL or NTSC?

edit: looks like it can't be changed, it's predefined and the sticker on the box states which version it is. i got PAL version from banggood despite the shop info stating PAL/NTSC (or i missed part where you choose the version)
Last edited by safian; May 03, 2017 at 07:38 AM. Reason: update
May 05, 2017, 10:50 AM
Sorted it
Last edited by Funky Frog; May 05, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
May 26, 2017, 09:02 AM
my RC. Your info
Works as advertised I'd say this cam For sure I would prefer to have an OSD in my FC or PDB, so you have some Amps data.. But this is a good alternative

(DVR recording in the 2nd half of the video)
DutchRC - GEPRC AX4 Light Quad Build! Part 7: Runcam Swift 2 + Eachine TX526 VTX (11 min 52 sec)
May 27, 2017, 11:50 PM
Hi, I have the riot version which I believe is the same as swift 2.

Do I need to focus the camera?

How do you focus it? The guides online show FPV cameras with a screw holding the lens which these don't have.

Thanks in advance!
May 28, 2017, 06:50 AM
my RC. Your info
The lens on the camera has a ring on it:

That ring locks the focal setting of the lens in place, like the screw on some other camera's do..