FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 51 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Taranis Q X7?
Yes, 100% 18 54.55%
Want to have some mods 13 39.39%
Not satisfied 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 29, 2017, 02:19 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
I'll say it. Post something and get it off your chest ... but to drone on about it is annoying at best ... in some situations it is pushing unanswered questions away from the flow of discussion and that is worse.
I am really sorry I disturbed the discussion by asking to keep it gentle. And even more so if I am annyoing you and others by responding to a personal reply that doesn't make sense.

Again, my apologies for trying to ask for some respect, and asking to obstain from bullying and trashing responds.

Have fun and just fly!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2017, 02:20 PM
I think most people that fly hand launch don't use the neck strap. The radio feels good in my hands to me. Don't think it will be a problem holding it for long periods.
Jan 29, 2017, 02:26 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Not here and even pressing hard.
On mine, the switch symbol is not centered ... it is at the top of the case opening. I do have to press firmly - not hard - and hold it for a moment.
Jan 29, 2017, 02:31 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
I am really sorry I disturbed the discussion by asking to keep it gentle. And even more so if I am annyoing you and others by responding to a personal reply that doesn't make sense.

Again, my apologies for trying to ask for some respect, and asking to obstain from bullying and trashing responds.

Have fun and just fly!
No apologies necessary ... I was only quoting the concept of "vigorously" not needing to be a half dozen posts to reiterate a personal preference that isn't going to lift others through repetition. In a written medium if we don't understand we can go back and reread a posts so repetitive posts on the same point become noise rather than light.
Jan 29, 2017, 02:31 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintc
I think most people that fly hand launch don't use the neck strap. The radio feels good in my hands to me. Don't think it will be a problem holding it for long periods.
I know of only one in the European F3K scene.

I am very eager to get the X7 in my hands, and see how it performs for DLG.

It has been shipped .

One thing I won't do again: trust that a clipped battery connection is flawless. I have crashed a plane just after launch as the rapid turn forced the batteries to one side of the compartment, breaking the other side's contact. The plane was down before the transmitter was up again.
Jan 29, 2017, 02:36 PM
Any expectations on the Q X7 being back in stock, or are we at the mercy of Chinese new year?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Jan 29, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
I know of only one in the European F3K scene.

I am very eager to get the X7 in my hands, and see how it performs for DLG.

It has been shipped .

One thing I won't do again: trust that a clipped battery connection is flawless. I have crashed a plane just after launch as the rapid turn forced the batteries to one side of the compartment, breaking the other side's contact. The plane was down before the transmitter was up again.
I don't see an issue with the clipped in batteries. It's a very tight fit. They are difficult to remove once they are in there. You almost have to take the radio apart to remove the battery tray

I do miss my usual switch locations for flight modes, but it didn't take long to get used to using the x7.

Still need to fine tune my programming, as I somehow managed to launch with full flaps once yesterday, even with throttle lockout for launch and zoom. Probably some weird combo of steps that defeated my programming
Jan 29, 2017, 02:55 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster
I'm curious, how is it that video gamers are able to use their game controllers without a neck strap for hours, but as soon as they fly a RC plane they need one?
Actually, I've tried them over the years but being over 6' tall, I found that with nitro planes I had issues.
Most neck straps I find, are made for those under 6'. ( I'm the shortest make in my family). That usually requires a DIY or other strap option. At that point I lose the brand name tx bling logo to display.
A more serious issue is when bending over to adjust the needle valve or hold the plane if the engine idle was too high. My tx would swing into the prop.
So to stop that I had to unhook the strap or hold the tx out of the way while trying to deal with a spinning prop.
With electrics I can see some advantages for long glider flights or hand launching. But until I own a 12x or other heavy tx (probably not a Jeti), I'm not interested.
I do see some now using the chest strap setup instead of the neck strap. Interesting?
Then of course, the many I see with a nice stomach ledge to rest their tx on without a strap. I think that's my choice, work on my stomach ledge and no more neck strap post location concerns 🍺🍧🎂👏.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As a glider guy, straps make things MUCH easier at launch, since I can use 2 hands to hook up for launch. There's a reason a lot of glider guys run straps or trays and it comes down to needing 3 hands when line-launching.

And as someone over 6', I find most straps just fine in length.
Jan 29, 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubb16
Any expectations on the Q X7 being back in stock, or are we at the mercy of Chinese new year?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
We should be getting a nice sized shipment of them tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how fast they will sell.

They will all be white, and they will include a 800mAh NiMH battery, this is the only configuration that FrSky had ready to go. Good thing is the battery pack is cheap, so it only adds a couple of bucks to the price.

Neck straps - I occasionally use one, especially if I'm going to be teaching new folks to fly. Cuts way down on the busted switches when the radio falls to the ground. New pilots are so nervous and new to everything, before you know it, you radios get dropped.
Jan 29, 2017, 03:09 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
We should be getting a nice sized shipment of them tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how fast they will sell.

They will all be white, and they will include a 800mAh NiMH battery, this is the only configuration that FrSky had ready to go. Good thing is the battery pack is cheap, so it only adds a couple of bucks to the price.

Neck straps - I occasionally use one, especially if I'm going to be teaching new folks to fly. Cuts way down on the busted switches when the radio falls to the ground. New pilots are so nervous and new to everything, before you know it, you radios get dropped.

Nice! Gonna start recommending the Q to folks locally that have been interested in my FrSky stuff but hesitant to try it.

Can you say yet if the Monday shipment will have M9 gimbals? I know some guys locally that want some badly. :-)
Jan 29, 2017, 03:31 PM
Man I want one but don't want a white one to get dirty lol
Jan 29, 2017, 03:59 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
I have had a white Taranis for a couple of years now. Still looks great.
Jan 29, 2017, 04:19 PM

Last time about the neckstrap

I understand you guys that most of you do not use a neckstrap so that is probably the reason why you do not understand why it is so importatnt for other flyers. The reason is very simply. You control the radio sticks with your thumbs only so you hold the radio properly in your hands but there are really many flyers who control the sticks between thumbs and forefingers (without used TX tray) so it is very necessary to have the radio hanged on the neckstrap for them.

I respect that many of you do not use a neck strap and do not say anything wrong about it so please also understand that on the world are the people with different needs and please be patient with them as nobody is flawless...
Bye
Jan 29, 2017, 04:50 PM
Happy FPV flyer
You still missed the balance bar or willfully ignore it since it makes the balancing thing a non-issue.
Jan 29, 2017, 05:04 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Well, if it is really off balance and you are forced to use the balance bar, it will stress the fixation point. Perhaps even to the point that it switches off the radio, if I read correctly just before.

I don't know where to activate the bold writing myself, but I don't think I need it to make my point.

Have fun and just fly!