FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 11 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Taranis Q X7?
Yes, 100% 18 54.55%
Want to have some mods 13 39.39%
Not satisfied 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 21, 2017, 01:30 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
Check this file. It should have OpenTX build that comes from the factory
Not trying to be a PITA, but with the as delivered software there are no GVARS and some other anomolies.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2017, 01:37 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Not trying to be a PITA, but with the as delivered software there are no GVARS and some other anomolies.
Maybe it is not FW version provided from factory now. Can anyone who just received his radio make a photo of the OpenTX build number in SYSTEM menu? Thank you

And can anyone with the new radio make FW backup in companion and upload this fw here?
Jan 21, 2017, 02:35 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Maybe it is not FW version provided from factory now. Can anyone who just received his radio make a photo of the OpenTX build number in SYSTEM menu? Thank you

And can anyone with the new radio make FW backup in companion and upload this fw here?
Wasn't a picture posted recently? (post 151)

Mine says:
vers: 2.2.0 (1b43d899)
date: 2016-12-19 23:11:53
eepr: 218

I thought we were not to install/use companion until a stable 2.2 release?
Last edited by GottaZoom; Jan 21, 2017 at 02:46 PM.
Jan 21, 2017, 02:37 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:

The factory version didn't have gvars either, that's why I tried the nightly build.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jan 21, 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
Wasn't a picture posted a few pages back?

I thought we were not to install/use companion until a stable 2.2 release?
TaranisQ X7 requires the use of OpenTX 2.2 You can use companion 2.2 for flashing - but not for reading or writing EEPE files.
Jan 21, 2017, 02:43 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
My FW is the same as mnowell129 in post #151.
Jan 21, 2017, 02:49 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBSkyout
My FW is the same as mnowell129 in post #151.
Ok. Now we all know that the files HERE are factory-provided by now EU and NON-EU OpenTX builds + latest XJT non-EU and EU FW. You can keep it for clean start. As initial files you had on your radio from the factory. I've flashed them and got the same version and build number
Jan 21, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Incompatible error? do you have XJT_build161214.frk file on your card? You tried to upload this to XJT with flash internal module command?
I have solved my problem with trying to flash the internal xjt module. Thanks to Alex for his help.

I did have the correct uncorupted files and was following the correct process. The error was due to me having US selected on the radio settings. I reset to EU and it flashed OK.
Jan 21, 2017, 03:25 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1248
I have solved my problem with trying to flash the internal xjt module. Thanks to Alex for his help.

I did have the correct uncorupted files and was following the correct process. The error was due to me having US selected on the radio settings. I reset to EU and it flashed OK.
US was selected where? In the region?
Jan 21, 2017, 03:29 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Interesting. Never heard of that making a difference... nor even really got any info about what it actually does.
Jan 21, 2017, 03:30 PM
No it was the "Country Code". There are only three options:

US, JP and EU.
Last edited by Andy1248; Jan 21, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
Jan 21, 2017, 03:34 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBSkyout
I Did notice there was not an outputs curve on the outputs screen. I'm I missing something? If there is not one I'm going to be on the disappointed list.
It needs a new UI screen to be designed to access it. Smaller display = can't fit everything at the same place anymore = needs extra work. As I mentioned earlier the functionality is there and will actually be accessible through companion once it works, the radio is just not showing it.
Jan 21, 2017, 03:58 PM
Guys, I really need to read these posts closer. I tried to import models from a Taranis 2.1.9 into the X7 and now it is a mess. I reflashed the radio but the models I downloanded to it are still there and the radio as soon as it turns on, the radio goes dark and it almost impossible to read the screen. So, how do I clear it out and start over? Thanks....Bob
Jan 21, 2017, 04:00 PM
I have another problem now. When entering "Special Functions" ie setting sounds etc to a switch, I can only enter the first line. No way to get to the second or subsequent lines.
Jan 21, 2017, 04:02 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbadger
Guys, I really need to read these posts closer. I tried to import models from a Taranis 2.1.9 into the X7 and now it is a mess. I reflashed the radio but the models I downloanded to it are still there and the radio as soon as it turns on, the radio goes dark and it almost impossible to read the screen. So, how do I clear it out and start over? Thanks....Bob
Seems that your settings of contrast came from another radio and you have too much of it now. Didn't we tell NOT to use Companion now to work with the models?

You can try set the contrast level to low in companion and upload the file to radio again. It might work, but I am not sure.
Or try to take a bright light and see something on the screen, go to SYSTEM-first tab and find contrast settings