FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 109 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Taranis Q X7?
Yes, 100% 18 54.55%
Want to have some mods 13 39.39%
Not satisfied 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 15, 2017, 04:14 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernz2
I wonder if there is currently an issue with Companion in handling SDlog files.
The log he posted has 2 more columns than headers. That's why it doesn't work, and means the issue is in the radio firmware.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2017, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The log he posted has 2 more columns than headers. That's why it doesn't work, and means the issue is in the radio firmware.
Thanks Kilrah. Will await next step or next release.
Feb 15, 2017, 05:21 AM
Thanks I have another look.
Feb 15, 2017, 05:22 AM
Thanks I'll have a look.
Feb 15, 2017, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Yes.
F5, F5, F5....
Feb 15, 2017, 07:43 AM
I'm in the market for another TX. Currently I use a Radiolink AT9S which overall is not a bad TX. However, what really bothers me on the Radiolink is that I can't get the throttle stick movement as smooth as I would like it to be. I loosened the ratchet screws but it still doesn't feel smooth enough (for Multirotor). So, smooth throttle stick movement is something that is important to me. I assume the QX7 has the stick endpoint calibration option as well? The next question is option for Receivers. I got used to using SBus on everything and would like to continue doing so. It just makes things so much easier :-) So, what Receivers are available for the QX7?
Feb 15, 2017, 08:14 AM
I have modified the RR Gimbal Protector for the X9D to fit the Q X7. If you print it, let me know how it fits for you.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2111812
Feb 15, 2017, 09:04 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micropitt
I'm in the market for another TX. Currently I use a Radiolink AT9S which overall is not a bad TX. However, what really bothers me on the Radiolink is that I can't get the throttle stick movement as smooth as I would like it to be. I loosened the ratchet screws but it still doesn't feel smooth enough (for Multirotor). So, smooth throttle stick movement is something that is important to me. I assume the QX7 has the stick endpoint calibration option as well? The next question is option for Receivers. I got used to using SBus on everything and would like to continue doing so. It just makes things so much easier :-) So, what Receivers are available for the QX7?
1. Never had AT9S and cannot compare but I don't have problems with Throttle not being smooth on Q X7. You should try. Moreover, M7 hall sensor gimbals for Q X7 would be available soon - they are silky-smooth and have better resolution and no friction parts.

2. There are a whole bunch of different receivers from FrSKY with SBUS and telemetry (X series receivers). Usually, copters would use smaller ones - X4R-SB (with telemetry), or XSR (with telemetry) or XMPlus (smaller, no telemetry, with RSSI). Others like X8R, RX8R, X6R - are bigger and heavier. So, the best one now, as for me, is XSR (16CH SBUS, full telemetry, full range)
Feb 15, 2017, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
1. Never had AT9S and cannot compare but I don't have problems with Throttle not being smooth on Q X7. You should try. Moreover, M7 hall sensor gimbals for Q X7 would be available soon - they are silky-smooth and have better resolution and no friction parts.

2. There are a whole bunch of different receivers from FrSKY with SBUS and telemetry (X series receivers). Usually, copters would use smaller ones - X4R-SB (with telemetry), or XSR (with telemetry) or XMPlus (smaller, no telemetry, with RSSI). Others like X8R, RX8R, X6R - are bigger and heavier. So, the best one now, as for me, is XSR (16CH SBUS, full telemetry, full range)
Thank you. Looks like there are lots of RX options. I'll take a closer look at them. I do like the Telemetry option.
Feb 15, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antix
Latest is XJT_build161214.frk
Use the big download button on firmware page.
I am about to try the above firmware, I copied the files into the firmwares folder on the SD card, but when I turn on the taranis in bootloader mode it tells me that the directory is missing. My bootloader is 2.2.02.2N3.

Feb 15, 2017, 10:22 AM
Just a question from a guy that wants to buy the QX7. Is all the mods and downloads really needed just to use the radio as it comes? I just want to fly my aircraft (fixed wing, delta wings, Slow Sticks and other standard planes) on this radio without all these techie upgrades and gimble swaps etc:.
If I have to do all the changes that I have seen on this forum, I will just stick with my Spektrum.
Please tell me I can use the QX7 straight out of the box!!!!!!
Feb 15, 2017, 10:23 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondkerr
I am about to try the above firmware, I copied the files into the firmwares folder on the SD card, but when I turn on the taranis in bootloader mode it tells me that the directory is missing. My bootloader is 2.2.02.2N3.

1. Update to OpenTX 2.2 RC10 from the first post of this thead.
2. Update the bootloader to RC10 (long press ENTER on the same FW file from firmware folder and choose to update bootloader)
3. Shorten the name of the XJT FW file and try like this.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:25 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflynjunky
Just a question from a guy that wants to buy the QX7. Is all the mods and downloads really needed just to use the radio as it comes? I just want to fly my aircraft (fixed wing, delta wings, Slow Sticks and other standard planes) on this radio without all these techie upgrades and gimble swaps etc:.
If I have to do all the changes that I have seen on this forum, I will just stick with my Spektrum.
Please tell me I can use the QX7 straight out of the box!!!!!!
1. Upgrade to OpenTX 2.2 RC10 and further in necessary
2. Removing the spring load from throttle stick is necessary
Feb 15, 2017, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
1. Update to OpenTX 2.2 RC10 from the first post of this thead.
2. Update the bootloader to RC10 (long press ENTER on the same FW file from firmware folder and choose to update bootloader)
3. Shorten the name of the XJT FW file and try like this.
Sorry I really seem to be struggling with this. My receivers are NON EU and I haven't touched the firmware. But trying to get the QX7 to NON EU is proving very difficult.

I have 2.2.0 RC10 companion installed. Set the radio to QX7 and from within the companion downloaded the firmware and flashed to the radio.

The opentx-x7-lua-sqt5font-en.bin file

I also copied to the firmware folder of the SD card then from the radio did step 2 the longer press enter and it wrote the firmware. But I still can't bind any of my XSR receivers. Both red/green lights stay on when powering and holding down the button on the RX which I know suggests a conflict in firmwares.

Feb 15, 2017, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Ok Ridge thats a sick case graphic- your custom or off the shelf form somewhere!?
sorry to drift OT, but banggood are listing these cases ("available soon") - not cheap, though: http://www.banggood.com/Orginal-Frsk...p-1125681.html