FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 107 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Taranis Q X7?
Yes, 100% 18 54.55%
Want to have some mods 13 39.39%
Not satisfied 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 14, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper1
I've just ordered this tx and I need advice on what sd card to use ?
Thanks
I just purchased the pre-loaded SD card from Aloft Hobbies. Saves me a lot of work.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 08:54 AM
Any SD card will be fine.

There are a bunch of 'fake' SD cards on the market ( less than labeled capacity ). Buy a name brand from a legit retailer. I've been using 32 Gig Samsungs from Amazon. I'm sure Best Buy or Staples will have good ones, too.
Feb 14, 2017, 10:16 AM
While I don't want to discourage anyone from buying a pre loaded card from Aloft, I do want to chime in and say that loading an SD card is the opposite of alot of work.

Getting the files + Amber on took me about 3 mins total I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsukaria
I just purchased the pre-loaded SD card from Aloft Hobbies. Saves me a lot of work.
Feb 14, 2017, 10:59 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_cool
Any SD card will be fine.

There are a bunch of 'fake' SD cards on the market ( less than labeled capacity ). Buy a name brand from a legit retailer. I've been using 32 Gig Samsungs from Amazon. I'm sure Best Buy or Staples will have good ones, too.
Yeah me too- local BestBuy had the Samsung 32gb for $9.99 grabbed like 5 or 6 of them but ended up using an 8gb in QX7,
just couldn't justify the 32 in the Q - way too much capacity IMO
Feb 14, 2017, 11:40 AM
So many people using massive SD cards. I'm using a an old 256MB sd card I found in a cell phone from 10 years ago
Feb 14, 2017, 11:49 AM
******liner
Recycled one 8gb card from the 808#16V3 cam, deleted all old video files and every thing went well on the Q X7.
I have to admit, I had prior look with GParted on it....
Feb 14, 2017, 02:39 PM
Just about any micro sd card will work. SD prices are starting to climb again.. I can not locate any small cheap ones anymore. The 16gb we are offering were the smallest cheapest cards we could find at the time from a decent supplier.

Super easy to setup your own card, no need to buy one from us.

-Wayne
Feb 14, 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcat
While I don't want to discourage anyone from buying a pre loaded card from Aloft, I do want to chime in and say that loading an SD card is the opposite of alot of work.

Getting the files + Amber on took me about 3 mins total I think.
Where did you get the amber files?
Feb 14, 2017, 03:14 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyd463229
Where did you get the amber files?
first post.
Feb 14, 2017, 03:27 PM
Can I replace the mometary switch with a two position switch? Aloth sells the switches.
Feb 14, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd100
Can I replace the mometary switch with a two position switch? Aloth sells the switches.
Yes you can. you dont have to do anymore, but on RC10, you can tell it the switch is no longer momentary too.
Feb 14, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiii
Yes you can. you dont have to do anymore, but on RC10, you can tell it the switch is no longer momentary too.
That just tells the firmware what it is. You still have to change the physical switch if you don't want it to be momentary.
Feb 14, 2017, 04:00 PM
Thanks
Feb 14, 2017, 04:13 PM

X7 from EU to NON EU

All my XSR receivers are NON EU and I don't have the cables to be able to flash them to EU.

I got my QX7 today in the UK - Marked EULBT on the back.

I have copied the XJT non EU firmware (XJT_141016.frk) into the firmwares folder on my SD card and flashed it via the radio to the internal RF.

I have also updated my companion to 2.2 and updated the firmware to RC10 2.2.0. But I still can't bind any of my XSR receivers.

Is there anything else I can try. I would rather update the QX7 to non EU - as I don't have a spare XSR cable to make up a firmware flashing cable and I have more than one XSR.
Feb 14, 2017, 04:31 PM
Latest is XJT_build161214.frk
Use the big download button on firmware page.