FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 101 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Taranis Q X7?
Yes, 100% 18 54.55%
Want to have some mods 13 39.39%
Not satisfied 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 11, 2017, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
What was the store's response when you pointed out their error?
They said, we read but we declared low value, you will not get customs problems... Freaking stupid answer since I have them now, now I will have to pay more 30$ for a 40$ gimbals... If it was 2 separate orders of 22$ I wouldn't pay anything since none would be above the limit.

Never any store did this.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2017, 10:25 AM
I have a stupid question after I flashed the latest 2.2 should I have calibrated my sticks? If so how I do I get to that?
Feb 11, 2017, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyd463229
I have a stupid question after I flashed the latest 2.2 should I have calibrated my sticks? If so how I do I get to that?
In theory you probably shouldn't have to (assuming you calibrated them in first place) but it's probably wise to to do it occasionally in any case and an upgrade is a good time.

Stick Calibration is on one of the pages in the Radio Setup

Long Press Enter to get to Radio Setup then Page until you get to the Calibration screen. Then follow the instructions. You move the sticks and knobs to their extents and around the edges ...but don't force them.
Feb 11, 2017, 10:33 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyd463229
Calibrate is on page 9 of 9 of the Radio screens (long press selection button). Calibration is usually not need on a flash but it is easy to do.

Mike
Feb 11, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressalltheknobs
In theory you probably shouldn't have to (assuming you calibrated them in first place) but it's probably wise to to do it occasionally in any case and an upgrade is a good time.

Stick Calibration is on one of the pages in the Radio Setup

Long Press Enter to get to Radio Setup then Page until you get to the Calibration screen. Then follow the instructions. You move the sticks and knobs to their extents and around the edges ...but don't force them.
Thank you. I appreciate it
Feb 11, 2017, 10:42 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
White makes tremendous sense for transmitter color - at least in the climate I live in. Lithium batteries in a closed black box in the sun
Ditto, love the white [if I ever get it], summers in Texas are a bit warm😎
Feb 11, 2017, 01:14 PM
ZEmersonFPV on YT
Got another noob question for you guys. Can you tell me why I'm getting this SD card error every time I turn the Tx on or change models? The radio came with the 2.2 fw on it already.

The first thing I tried to do was format the card, but then I got another error msg. It's a 4 gig San Disk. I'm able to back up models to it but that's it really.
Feb 11, 2017, 02:38 PM
Hi all.

I have strange "outputs" screen (photo attached). No midpoints and arrows do not move when I move sticks. Therefore I can not set 1000-2000 endpoints for DShot.

Is it OpenTX 2.2.0RC10 issue or something wrong with my radio/settings?

In this screenshot I can see normal "outputs" screen: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=183
Feb 11, 2017, 02:52 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbemerson
Got another noob question for you guys. Can you tell me why I'm getting this SD card error every time I turn the Tx on or change models? The radio came with the 2.2 fw on it already.

The first thing I tried to do was format the card, but then I got another error msg. It's a 4 gig San Disk. I'm able to back up models to it but that's it really.
You have the wrong SD contents version. You better update to OpenTX RC10 build and get yourself V05 SD card contents. Read how to do it on FAQ post of this thread. If you don't want to update (it is better to update) the very first post of this thread has the links to files with initial SD card contents.
Feb 11, 2017, 02:54 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneta
Hi all.

I have strange "outputs" screen (photo attached). No midpoints and arrows do not move when I move sticks. Therefore I can not set 1000-2000 endpoints for DShot.

In this screenshot I can see normal "outputs" screen: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=183
Have nothing wrong with mine.

Are you sure you are on RC10 build?
If yes, how would you change the values? You have to press right rotary on any channel, rotate to select the value, press again to choose the value and rotate to change the value.
Feb 11, 2017, 03:03 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Hi all.

The arrows you see are the output direction do not change when you move the sticks. You move the curser to the line you want to edit and press enter. The screen then changes for edit.

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Feb 11, 2017 at 03:30 PM.
Feb 11, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
Have nothing wrong with mine.

Are you sure you are on RC10 build?
If yes, how would you change the values? You have to press right rotary on any channel, rotate to select the value, press again to choose the value and rotate to change the value.
Yes, definitely R10

Change something like in this video:
Calibrating Channel Endpoints In Betaflight / Cleanflight (8 min 26 sec)
Feb 11, 2017, 03:10 PM
ZEmersonFPV on YT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
You have the wrong SD contents version. You better update to OpenTX RC10 build and get yourself V05 SD card contents. Read how to do it on FAQ post of this thread. If you don't want to update (it is better to update) the very first post of this thread has the links to files with initial SD card contents.
Awesome. Thanks! I'll give it a go tonight.
Feb 11, 2017, 03:39 PM
Alex
Quote:
Yes, definitely R10]
yes, I know how to setup channels for betaflight.

I've told you how to do that. You have to select any channel with enter and select end point with another enter and dial rotary button to change the value. While you are doing that - you should hold your stick to the same direction to see the changes in betaflight. The first 2 digit value in channel is for subtrim
Feb 11, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Yes, definitely R10

Change something like in this video: https://youtu.be/nDsNWZgxmw4
I think you misunderstand how the Output screen works...

The default Outputs screen looks like this...
Name: Outputs_Defult.JPG
Views: 87
Size: 37.0 KB
Description:

The Outputs screen is one of the model editor pages is for adjusting the endpoints and subtrim of the channel. You have to edit the Channel line by pressing ENTER, and selecting EDIT,
Name: Outputs_EditMenu.JPG
Views: 85
Size: 32.0 KB
Description:

Then use the scroll wheel to select the individual fields, ENTER to change the value possibly using the scroll wheel and ENTER if there are more than two choices...
Name: Outputs_CH1Editing.JPG
Views: 95
Size: 31.5 KB
Description:

then EXIT back the Outputs Page
Name: Outputs_CH1Edited.JPG
Views: 73
Size: 33.3 KB
Description:

There is a Channel Monitor in the Model monitor pages...
Name: ModelChannelMonitor.JPG
Views: 70
Size: 30.5 KB
Description:

but you can't change anything there, only observe what the channels do as you move the controls.

You can use Companion on a PC to get a less compressed way of editing but how you edit the Output values is essentially the same.