Jan 19, 2017, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Question

World Engines Robin Hood 80

I'm planning on building the Robin Hood 80 kit . I had a friend laser cut the ribs to replace the die cut ones . These ribs have turbolator spars in the front and rear when I received the ribs I noticed that the main spar notches are on point but the placement for the turbolator spars are off just a little when compared to the plans. Also the ribs come up 3 1/6 short at the trailing edge i know i can compensate by adding 3 1/6 material to the trailing edge stock. I don't want to throw way these ribs. I am wondering if the wing will be fine using these. Any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2017, 08:35 AM
I have a Robinhood 99 I built. I can not imagine the slight difference of location will make any difference. The top spars do not affect any other structural items by their location. Bottom spars potentially impact strut mounts at most. I would not worry my self.
Jan 20, 2017, 02:53 PM
That all looks OK, the slightly off location of the rear ones wont matter as long as they don't cause problems with the ailerons and even then I'd be sure it could be fixed/worked around.
Doc
Jan 20, 2017, 05:31 PM
if the 80 version is like the 99, the ailerons are separate solid stock attached to wing panels. should be good to go
Jan 20, 2017, 09:13 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better

Quick Reply