Jul 11, 2017, 10:17 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Did I reply to you? Its a bit hard to tell at times switching between here and email
Still no reply from FlySky. 12 weeks and counting.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
Wouldn't coun on it. Meanwhile I got a second I6X. Both show fw version 1.0. One from July 2016 - but other March 2017.

Updater shows that newer is 1.0.41. Nowhere to be found.
Aug 04, 2017, 04:42 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmach
Wouldn't coun on it. Meanwhile I got a second I6X. Both show fw version 1.0. One from July 2016 - but other March 2017.

Updater shows that newer is 1.0.41. Nowhere to be found.
What does that 1.0.38.1413 at the top of the 1st picture mean? Are you using that version in the updater? Are you saying you can't get the 1.0.41 version downloaded from anywhere? Once you click on the "UPDATE" button, doesn't it automatically update?
Don
Aug 04, 2017, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
What does that 1.0.38.1413 at the top of the 1st picture mean? Are you using that version in the updater? Are you saying you can't get the 1.0.41 version downloaded from anywhere? Once you click on the "UPDATE" button, doesn't it automatically update?
Don
The 1.0.38 is the version of the firmware embedded in the updated - I think it's not dynamically update from the net, but comes with own update package. Older of my transmitters is updated with it to 1.0.38 - and since the newer came with 1.0.41 - the update would be a downgrade, so I don't do it.
Aug 04, 2017, 07:22 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmach
The 1.0.38 is the version of the firmware embedded in the updated - I think it's not dynamically update from the net, but comes with own update package. Older of my transmitters is updated with it to 1.0.38 - and since the newer came with 1.0.41 - the update would be a downgrade, so I don't do it.
Thanks. All this loading software into my Txs or Rxs and setting things up on a computer is all new and confusing to me. Hard for me to understand it all.
Don
Aug 04, 2017, 11:52 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:

I did get a response about a week ago thanks to Jason's help.

FlySky Customer Service told me to contract BangGood, the vendor. I did that in January February and March with no satisfaction, just a reminder of BangGood 3 day return policy.
Last edited by RCLaser03; Aug 06, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Sep 05, 2017, 12:48 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Another month with a crappy transmitter and no help from FlySky "Customer Service" which apparently is ignoring emails from customers.

One of the few emails I received from FlySky CS stated she found my email in her Junk folder. Why does someone in Customer Service have a Junk folder? Or why is she not checking it for emails from customers? I have not heard anything in over a month. I guess I am in her Block list now.
Sep 05, 2017, 04:43 PM
Could be multipath. Water is an excellent reflector of radio waves and with the telemetry transmitter antenna (i.e. the receiver antenna) being so close to the water you would likely see different multipath problems than with your standard controller signals.
Sep 06, 2017, 02:55 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgburrill
Could be multipath. Water is an excellent reflector of radio waves and with the telemetry transmitter antenna (i.e. the receiver antenna) being so close to the water you would likely see different multipath problems than with your standard controller signals.
Interesting theory, but I doubt that is the issue. I understand radio wave propagation and I could see that being a possibility if the signal loss was intermittent or sporadic, but this loss is consistent during all testing. I have also tested over land with the same results.

One thought I have had is that one of the two antennas in the i6X is dedicated to the telemetry receiver and that antenna may have a problem. But since I can't get info from FlySky, it is a wild guess.

Thanks for the theory though.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:33 PM
Hey guys, I have been unable to get on here due to (I don't know why really) but a new VPN (after 5 vpns) has solved it. Remember as well that my email address is [email protected] however I should be on here 1 hour a day apart from weekends.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:47 PM
The contact with all our dealers states that they will deal with faults, returns etc. this is the same for many manufacturers as we don't necessarily have the infrastructure for direct customer sales. In our case this is because we have no warehouses or facilities at all outside of China. However when things are not going as they should with a dealer you should contact us at [email protected].

Quote:
I did get a response about a week ago thanks to Jason's help.

FlySky Customer Service told me to contract BangGood, the vendor. I did that in January February and March with no satisfaction, just a reminder of BangGood 3 day return policy.
Last edited by FlySkyRC; Sep 07, 2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sep 10, 2017, 03:42 PM
360° rodeo.
Sincerely sorry,

But you are the bug in between your working gear...
Next times you should read product's description...
http://www.flysky-cn.com/products_de...ductId=51.html
You are driving a boat with a receiver made for flying devices...
Sep 11, 2017, 09:57 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtisFlow
Sincerely sorry,

But you are the bug in between your working gear...
Next times you should read product's description...
http://www.flysky-cn.com/products_de...ductId=51.html
You are driving a boat with a receiver made for flying devices...
I don't see why that would make a difference. I have a i6 and it works great with telemetry reports until Error Rate is 90% which is a very far distance away, on the same boat with the same receiver.

As I said, I get the same telemetry drop out with testing over land as well. Again, the i6 works great, the i6X drops out with Signal Strength of 8 (around -80 dBm RSSI).

Note that I have control of the model for are far as I can see what it is doing, maybe 750 feet. It may go further on the boat, but I haven't had the guts to let it go beyond what I can see. But telemetry drops at about 300 feet on the i6X. The i6 has full telemetry reporting.
Last edited by RCLaser03; Sep 11, 2017 at 10:08 AM.
Sep 11, 2017, 10:28 AM
360° rodeo.
Quote:
I don't see why that would make a difference. I have a i6 and it works great with telemetry reports until Error Rate is 90% which is a very far distance away, on the same boat with the same receiver.

As I said, I get the same telemetry drop out with testing over land as well. Again, the i6 works great, the i6X drops out with Signal Strength of 8 (around -80 dBm RSSI).

Note that I have control of the model for are far as I can see what it is doing, maybe 750 feet. It may go further on the boat, but I haven't had the guts to let it go beyond what I can see. But telemetry drops at about 300 feet on the i6X. The i6 has full telemetry reporting.
That's normal... you using a receiver which is done for receiving data at at least >1meter from ground...
Car/boat receivers are done to receive data at <1meter from ground...
Sep 11, 2017, 12:59 PM
I have another problem with ia6b reciever of FS-i6x. Strange servo glitches. It works ok, but I always hear that annoying small movement/gliches when antenas are close to servo. Video of that (turn volume up):
20170911 190715 (0 min 41 sec)
Is this faulty reciever? or this is normal? I checked this problem with Turnigy 9X 8Ch Receiver (V2) - no glitches whatsoever, eaven when antena is close to servo. Can someone with a6b check this? (on some other servos it occures only in endpoint position or just other than neutral)

Quick Reply